Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ND should also fix moment at 5:17 when I stood on the wall and punched [and then kicked :D] enemy that was "in cover" down below me. :)
That's something I noticed that stood out. They probably need to a add a stomping animation there, or some other contextual and more believable action.

They have a stomping animation but it's used for when someone is holding onto a ledge and not just sitting below you. Maybe they can use that in that situation as well?

uncharted-4-multiplayrouu3.gif

This is too much fun :LOL:

I didn't expect to like the U4 beta nearly as much as i did, all my gaming time is pretty much devoted to it and i am pretty sure I've played around 130 games...

Huh, so i was watching TGAs again, they showed new footage there mixed with some old footage, the things we talked about? They are legit changes, sadly very compressed footage (straight from youtube, a lot of detail is lost):

1o7sme.gif

Changes are easily observable though, lighting overall, character geometry, shading, background geometry, bokeh dof. All the things we talked about initially, this is just a confirmation that me and ultragpu weren't crazy. Interested to see the changes after these last three months(or more, we don't know how old that build is) of crunch.

Last edited:
Another one, this is PSX and TGA (about a year difference), they didn't show this part at E3 so it isn't included, one is through gamersyde uncompressed video and the other straight from youtube:

2tbsf0.gif

Skin/hair and dof being the obvious changes. Some lighting tweaks, geometry tweaks in both characters/environments. Pretty sure this whole level is going to look different from PSX.

Last edited:
The beta was very fun. I am not a fan of MP but I think I will play UC4 MP.

I played a little everyday and I miss it now.

Same. I know people who will buy Uncharted 4 for the multiplayer alone after the beta, it was so much fun (i played around 130-140 games myself, really enjoyed it) :yes:

Huh, so i was watching TGAs again, they showed new footage there mixed with some old footage, the things we talked about? They are legit changes, sadly very compressed footage (straight from youtube, a lot of detail is lost):

1o7sme.gif

Changes are easily observable though, lighting overall, character geometry, shading, background geometry, bokeh dof. All the things we talked about initially, this is just a confirmation that me and ultragpu weren't crazy. Interested to see the changes after these last three months(or more, we don't know how old that build is) of crunch.
Looks CGI quality to me. On a serious note, other than texture detail, asset changes and image compression it looks the same to me. In fact, I prefer the TGA capture for the softer/smooth look on the characters compared to overly sharpen detail in the earlier showcase builds. My opinion.

TGA is the latest build. And detail is still there, just lost because of compression. An example from E3 (gamersyde is still compressed when compared to raw footage, basically what you see on screen, but still a lot better than youtube)

uncharted4-athiefsendiksfy.gif

And this is from a "high quality" youtube trailer, while TGA is a youtube capture from a stream (which is already compressed). The point of these two previous gifs is not to examine and compare texture quality, but rather differences like bokeh, light scattering for hair (probably approximation, still looks great), improved skin shading, lighting etc.

Last edited:
Yes, youtube is even worse in motion. I am surprised we don't get more direct feed (or at least less compressed) videos straight from dev/publishers. I think only gamersyde provide uncompressed videos on their servers (straight from the PR specific sites).

Yes, youtube is even worse in motion. I am surprised we don't get more direct feed (or at least less compressed) videos straight from dev/publishers. I think only gamersyde provide uncompressed videos on their servers (straight from the PR specific sites).

Because Youtube is free and offers the best exposure as its easily shared across millions of people who view the footage on 5 inch screen smartphones or forums on a scaled down embedded player directly inside a forum topic... Uncompressed is totally overkill unless you want to pause it and look at an actual representative still frame in all its glory...

I fear us techies and our needs are just in the minority and not wanted. I mean, we only want uncompressed so we can nitpick away at this or that...

I am not saying they should stop posting videos on youtube, that's absurd. Just offer better quality elsewhere. I remember with Ps3 Sony would upload really high quality videos on PSN (they stopped doing that with Ps4).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back