Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool CG, got a bit of spoiler at the end tho.
Amazing trailer...I love it how at the beginning he seems to risk everything for that coin but at the end he says "but thats not who I am" only to show us that he is trying to reach for his brother's hand

Amazing trailer...I love it how at the beginning he seems to risk everything for that coin but at the end he says "but thats not who I am" only to show us that he is trying to reach for his brother's hand
Good catch :), the game is gonna get super sentimental as we all know it. Man if some of the scenes from TLOU are anything to go by, I fear a respectable portion of man tear will be shed again on March 18th.

Clearly learned something from The Last Crusade. ;)

Oh and higher quality of the teaser

The BTS stuff also includes some new footage from the 2014 PSX demo if you pay close attention.

Edit: PSX 2014 -> Now
uncharted4_demo_psx_169kfi.gif

Last edited:
I am really curious if they change the colour of the shirt or if this is entirely the result of changes to to renderer and/or time of day.

One more, showing lighting and shading differences:
uncharted4_demoyps7z.gif

Foliage looks much better imo.

Edit: Don't worry zsynqx i don't mind :p

Last edited:
Just fyi, i am comparing gamersyde footage of PSX 2014 demo to youtube footage from the BTS trailer. This comparison is not aiming to compare texture quality per se, just some obvious differences. I also have to say that i prefer the current build much more than PSX 2014. Looks more colorful and has more contrast.

Okay, so it's now official - we did that CG trailer :)

Congrats. Very good job there. Would you be able to talk about the assets you used, vs. Naughty Dog´s? How much touching-up went into it, or did you start from scrach... etc.

Congrats. Very good job there. Would you be able to talk about the assets you used, vs. Naughty Dog´s? How much touching-up went into it, or did you start from scrach... etc.

Thanks a lot :)

Obviously I could write pages about the stuff, but I'm quite certain that it's not possible.

Then again, it's been probably clear well before we got into this project that I have the highest respect for ND's work, and I've tried to explain a lot of what I was thinking about their tech and art at that time.
I also think that it shouldn't be too hard to deduce why this trailer is CG and what we have contributed.

Last but not least, it's been a really special honor to work with Naughty Dog on an Uncharted trailer :D

The addition of AO, motion blur, Bokeh DOF, volumetric lighting, SSS and tweaked skin, hair shading really propelled the look of the game to The Order level if not better in terms of pixel quality. UC4 however is doing so much more tho, truly impressive feat from ND at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back