Uncharted 3

Well personally I thought UC3 looked amazing, BUT there do seem to be some areas where they changed stuff to suit the 3D support a little at the cost of the 2D image. Mind you this is mostly quite subtle, and I thought for the most part the game looked amazing, and I don't know any game that really comes close.
The only downside with U3 (graphically) was the changed character models, Chloe and Elena looked half-asian, their faces had a lot less "features" than in U2.

I could to understand for a lot of a different games, but use unchy 3 to claim how ancient is the ps3 hardware, well sound quite bizarre :???: I think procedural shader like unchy series hardly appears even in a super high end pc games... probably too much people judge how graphic AA filter or the simple picture sharpness in my opinion... quite funny because at the same time I have played COD : BO on my pc & the demo on the ps3, & I was surprise how close appears although the evident limits of the older ps3 hardware... except of course for the flame effects, in the long distance on the ps3 are atrocious...

It's probably just me, but whenever Uncharted is being referred to as Unchy, I get the urge to do some truly vile and dreadful things to the people around me. :devilish:

I have not had a lot of time to play it...but the scenes where they were in the alley and the Jaguar took off...that left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know...maybe I have had much higher hopes. It could be that when the game looks good looks real good...like the Columbia level was EPIC!

If you've only played the game up to that Jaguar scene (which is not even beyond chapter 3 if I recall correctly), you really haven't seen a lot of the game. In truth, the game starts rather okay-ish from a graphics point of view and reaches epic-levels pretty much towards 2/3rds into the game.

There's also a point, that just about *any* game - regardless how impressive or on which platform will have inperfections or underwhelming scenes or points within the game at some point. There's also a point to be made that Uncharted unlike many other games use in-game rendered cinematics where the focus is a seamingless experience and the focus on the characters and the dialog / facial expressions themselves, rather than what is in the surroundings at that point. That Jaguar scene is probably just a minor hickup in an otherwise very polished, solid and graphically very strong game.

Once you play on, you will see what does make Uncharted one of the most impressive games this generation: Great graphics, smooth gameplay while a lot of physics and chaotic blockbuster material goes on (not going to name any examples due to spoilers). You'll just have to keep on playing.

Right after Sully and Nate escaped from the pub in the opening scene. The old woman arrived in a car at the back alley, and someone shot Nate in the chest.

It's rather early in the game. I liked that scene. Subdued palette and a good sense of space/depth in a simple setting.

Maybe I was a bit too sensationalistic in my comment. I will tone it down. I have not had a lot of time to play it...but the scenes where they were in the alley and the Jaguar took off...that left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know...maybe I have had much higher hopes. It could be that when the game looks good looks real good...like the Columbia level was EPIC! But I am personally at the point where I am expecting more from the console. Sony keeps saying that they have more power to extract from the PS3 and I think that's BS. I am ready for the PS4, Xbox 720 already. The disparity between PC gaming and console gaming is too much and it has reduced the excitement a bit for me that I had once reserved exclusively for gaming titles like Uncharted 3. Game looks great...don't get me wrong, but as much as I was impressed with UC1 and then UC2, UC3 just fails to produce the visual wow for me. Maybe I need to play it a bit more.

evereything from chapter 11 is another level above the rest of the game you have seen.

Right after Sully and Nate escaped from the pub in the opening scene. The old woman arrived in a car at the back alley, and someone shot Nate in the chest.

It's rather early in the game. I liked that scene. Subdued palette and a good sense of space/depth in a simple setting.

I thought that scene looked rather fantastic.

:yes: It's great art with ND's tech to back it up. Besides the sense of depth, I also :love: that woman's animation and the lighting.

Lol, sounds very much like suryad has been the victim of another internet hype train that musters internal hype levels and expectation for a game to "out-of-this-world" levels.

It's always best to temper what you expect from a very hyped and universally lauded game before you play it. Not only will you be able to appreciate the game better, you'll most importantly be able to have more fun with it ;-)

I was very nearly a victim of the same with Skyrim "NEW ENGINZ" & "OMGWTFBBQ AWEZMZ GRAFIXXX!!!!111" hype pre-release on NeoGaf. After realising myself long beforehand that the game graphically was not even close to top tier as it was being made out to be, I was able to temper my expectations. Thus, i'm playing it now, think it looks excellent for an ES game, and i'm absolutely having a blast :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, sounds very much like suryad has been the victim of another internet hype train that musters internal hype levels and expectation for a game to "out-of-this-world" levels.

It's always best to temper what you expect from a very hyped and universally lauded game before you play it. Not only will you be able to appreciate the game better, you'll most importantly be able to have more fun with it ;-)

I was very nearly a victim of the same with Skyrim "NEW ENGINZ" & "OMGWTFBBQ AWEZMZ GRAFIXXX!!!!111" hype pre-release on NeoGaf. After realising myself long beforehand that the game was not even close to top tier as it was being made out to be, I was able to temper my expectations. Thus, i'm playing it now, think it looks excellent for an ES game, and i'm absolutely having a blast :D

OT exhaust the first hours of enthusiam, I have found skyrim the less appealing of the whole elder scrolls series... I can't explain why but I can't 'catch' the same poetry or esoteric feeling proved in the past.

I usually delay playing the game for a month to dampen the crazy hype inside me. Seems to work for me ! :D I played U3 on launch though and I was going crazy in the house telling everyone to come and look at it ! ;)

Just restartet the sp: hm, as I said in an other thread...IQ compared to U2 got a massive downgrade, comparable to KZ3 and KZ2.

I just played the first chapter, where you walk around the sun lit city: everywhere extreme shimmering, crawling edges and a very unsteady noisy image overall...puts the whole experience down (same for me when playong KZ3).

I find it kind of odd whenever I heard ppl saying that, u3 looks cleaner on my tv almost at all case. Make sure tv has no overscan, or any edge enhancement turn on.

Gitaroo said:
I find it kind of odd whenever I heard ppl saying that, u3 looks cleaner on my tv almost at all case. Make sure tv has no overscan, or any edge enhancement turn on.

I will double check that...but I am really sceptic that this is my tvs fault. Is there a difference if my ps3 is set to 720 or 1080 p???

There are definitely a few cases where he MLAA foesn't work out as well as the 4xMSAA of Uncharted 2would have done.

Back