Uncharted 3

I like U2 better because the experience is more polished, and pacing is more even.

However U3 is more interesting, more beautiful and less predictable.

This exactly sums up my thoughts on this as well.

The set pieces in U3 are incredible. The entire section with the boats was really, really well done in terms of setting and art, but it also had several fightfights that were really frustrating.

I was glad they didn't repeat U2's lame final boss thing, though.

More games should have no bosses... -nudges the Souls games and their awful bosses-

This exactly sums up my thoughts on this as well.

The set pieces in U3 are incredible. The entire section with the boats was really, really well done in terms of setting and art, but it also had several fightfights that were really frustrating.

Yes, I noticed that in U3, I liked the combat only after I have cleared them. The most memorable fight is the shipyard for me. Hated it on first attempt. Once I figured out the layout, it became much more interesting and engaging. It's not obvious how to approach the game. I had to failed a few times to "get it".

However there were 2-3 fights I didn't figure out a good approach. Kinda scrapped through by luck.

I was glad they didn't repeat U2's lame final boss thing, though.

Me too !

More games should have no bosses... -nudges the Souls games and their awful bosses-

Ha ha, I differ here. I like the the entire Dark Souls and Demon's Souls cast (bosses, mini-bosses, grunts and NPCs). They populated the world and made the game fascinating.

EDIT:
Don't forget to try U3 co-op.

one thing I dont like about the combats in U3 are the enemies ai are a little too aggressive, they charge in 9 out of 10 of the time. Another one is the stealth, if you get spotted, everyone on the map know you are there even if there is no gun fight and the AI that spotted you is isolated from everyone else. I think if you take out the AI that spotted you fast enough with melee or any silent weapon, your status should still stay undected if nobody else see you. Another thing is the melee, the melee combat is actually waaay better in crushing mode without any button prompt on the screen. Feels not like a qte anymore, which is what some ppl are complaining about actually feel very smooth like a real fight! Think thats the way its meant to be play.

Yes, the QTE can get tiring after 5-6 times.

Would be amazing if they show us how the AI communicate in the next game. ^_^

ya, turn off button prompt, I think its part of the game hint option? Or play it crushing mode, the melee combat is 10x more satisfying.

UNCHARTED 3: Co-op Shade Survival Mode Detailed, Final Fortune Hunters’ Club DLC coming in April
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...nal-fortune-hunters-club-dlc-coming-in-april/

Co-op Shade Survival Mode will be available Tuesday, March 13 on PlayStation Store. You’ll be able to tackle some of the toughest enemies in the UNCHARTED franchise with the help of your friends.

The Djinn haunt this mode as you and your friends will be assaulted by wave after wave of progressively more demanding opponents. There are eight rounds in total. The Djinn’s ability to catch fire and teleport poses a formidable challenge to team strategy and coordination, and later rounds include highly skilled Djinn sporting extra armor and firepower, so get ready for a hearty battle.

(Video in the link)

PSN+ has downloaded several patches since I last played it have any of them added unlockable cheats like the previous games had?

I got an email thanking me for my beta participation, with a PSN store code to unlock some kind of reward. Anyone else got this? I haven't checked what it is yet ... probably an avatar or something. ;)

Got Uncharted 3 as part of the PS3 bundle...fun game. Naughty Dog does it again etc etc. But if I am not mistaken I think the PS3 is aging quite fast. There were some scenes so far in the game...that just looked like those arcade shooter games like Time Crysis cut scenes to me. Bring on the next gen consoles already.

I am trying to remember which scenes, but it got mixed up with Uncharted: Golden Abyss now. @_@

I doubt Time Crisis come close to the Uncharted vertical and cinematic experience.

Unfortunately, I can only remember the boat levels and the boss level. Also played it in 3D.

I am trying to remember which scenes, but it got mixed up with Uncharted: Golden Abyss now. @_@

I doubt Time Crisis come close to the Uncharted vertical and cinematic experience.

Unfortunately, I can only remember the boat levels and the boss level. Also played it in 3D.

You forgot Uncharted 3 ?!?!?! You seem to be all stressed up, you need to play my new iPad game to relax ;) :
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61763

Got Uncharted 3 as part of the PS3 bundle...fun game. Naughty Dog does it again etc etc. But if I am not mistaken I think the PS3 is aging quite fast. There were some scenes so far in the game...that just looked like those arcade shooter games like Time Crysis cut scenes to me. Bring on the next gen consoles already.

Not sure if you are serious :???: isn't it a bit overreacted here? I have a good pc, easily a few generations (if not more) ahead to the console just now; a part the inevitable better IQ & fps, at the end of things never found the passage to the pc so 'huge' speaking 'concretely' of 'substantial' graphic (with of some excellent exception but not so much more who I'm expected)... of course, I'm not so fool to said technically the differences aren't big, but never understood why most of pc fan guys are so melodramatic when talking of graphic passage to pc.
I think what Carmack said lately about incoming generation perfectly fit my thought: common people could hardly to notice differences in the graphic of the new console, I want just to remember what was splinter cell chaos theory on the ps2 to give a good example what means graphic limits of a console, or evident generation leaps..

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I was a bit too sensationalistic in my comment. I will tone it down. I have not had a lot of time to play it...but the scenes where they were in the alley and the Jaguar took off...that left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know...maybe I have had much higher hopes. It could be that when the game looks good looks real good...like the Columbia level was EPIC! But I am personally at the point where I am expecting more from the console. Sony keeps saying that they have more power to extract from the PS3 and I think that's BS. I am ready for the PS4, Xbox 720 already. The disparity between PC gaming and console gaming is too much and it has reduced the excitement a bit for me that I had once reserved exclusively for gaming titles like Uncharted 3. Game looks great...don't get me wrong, but as much as I was impressed with UC1 and then UC2, UC3 just fails to produce the visual wow for me. Maybe I need to play it a bit more.

The disparity between PC gaming and console gaming is too much ...

I hear this statement quite often, and I really would love to at own at least one of these alleged Master Race games. My PC should run circles around my consoles, but higher framerates and resolutions aside, the difference doesn't seem anywhere near as pronounced as it should be. Heck, CD Project Red even managed to get the Witcher II on the 360, and it looks fantastic. Worse than on the PC? - Sure. But I wouldn't exactly call it a night-and-day difference.

Maybe I was a bit too sensationalistic in my comment. I will tone it down. I have not had a lot of time to play it...but the scenes where they were in the alley and the Jaguar took off...that left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't know...maybe I have had much higher hopes. It could be that when the game looks good looks real good...like the Columbia level was EPIC! But I am personally at the point where I am expecting more from the console. Sony keeps saying that they have more power to extract from the PS3 and I think that's BS. I am ready for the PS4, Xbox 720 already. The disparity between PC gaming and console gaming is too much and it has reduced the excitement a bit for me that I had once reserved exclusively for gaming titles like Uncharted 3. Game looks great...don't get me wrong, but as much as I was impressed with UC1 and then UC2, UC3 just fails to produce the visual wow for me. Maybe I need to play it a bit more.

Well personally I thought UC3 looked amazing, BUT there do seem to be some areas where they changed stuff to suit the 3D support a little at the cost of the 2D image. Mind you this is mostly quite subtle, and I thought for the most part the game looked amazing, and I don't know any game that really comes close.

Maybe I need to play it a bit more.

True words ! Do that and report back when you have ended the game !

I hear this statement quite often, and I really would love to at own at least one of these alleged Master Race games. My PC should run circles around my consoles, but higher framerates and resolutions aside, the difference doesn't seem anywhere near as pronounced as it should be. Heck, CD Project Red even managed to get the Witcher II on the 360, and it looks fantastic. Worse than on the PC? - Sure. But I wouldn't exactly call it a night-and-day difference.

My sentiments exactly and I have been a PC gamer before this gen, but my PC is left wanting all the time ! Where are those great looking games people keep talking about ? Personally Canyon in UC3 and Tibetan Village in UC2 wowed me much much more than any PC game has ever.

Back