Ubisoft explains Splinter Cell exclusivity

Splinter Cell is one of my favorite franchises. It always looks fantastic and I'm really looking forward to what Ubi Montreal will be able to do with an X360 exclusive title.

Pseronally I don't know why they bother with this franchise..

Double Agent looks bloody good as a multi-platform title so I think they should just release the next one multi-plat & spend much more time developing the gameplay/animation than wasting any more time making an incredibly pretty looking game, "prettier"..

Sure graphics are nice but unless things "move" & "play" well every game has "suck-potential".. You only have to look at the lack of high resolution textures on AC to see that graphics "horsepower" definitely don't make a game "look pretty" (I.e. AC looks damn gorgeous without having some of the "umm" and "ahhh" of games like GOW which seem to focus so much on eye-candy..) without good art direction and how the introduction of new gameplay paradigms/systems can make even the most "so-so looking game" into a killer app (a la GTA..)
Who said that SC5 won't have amasing animation???I am willing to bet that it will have better animation than AC.

Pseronally I don't know why they bother with this franchise..

Double Agent looks bloody good as a multi-platform title so I think they should just release the next one multi-plat & spend much more time developing the gameplay/animation than wasting any more time making an incredibly pretty looking game, "prettier"..

Sure graphics are nice but unless things "move" & "play" well every game has "suck-potential".. You only have to look at the lack of high resolution textures on AC to see that graphics "horsepower" definitely don't make a game "look pretty" (I.e. AC looks damn gorgeous without having some of the "umm" and "ahhh" of games like GOW which seem to focus so much on eye-candy..) without good art direction and how the introduction of new gameplay paradigms/systems can make even the most "so-so looking game" into a killer app (a la GTA..)

SC3 on XBOX was arguably the nicest looking console game of the last generation, so whule SC4 is nice, I really expected ALOT more out of it. I'm glad they are doing an exclusive, as it will let them concentrate on making a a graphically excellent showpiece for the system, as Splinter Cell should be.

Back