[360] Splinter Cell: Conviction

As I said, I don't know what to look for...The only thing that popped out to me was that it felt darker, but that could as well be because of my TV...I can sometimes see differences when switching between multiplats for GC and XBOX, but I don't really see such differences in Conviction...Perhaps if I had compared them side to side just looking at a chair, my eyes would clearly see differences.

Well 360 version would look jaggier, more pixelated and much blurrier. [strike]If you dont see that difference with your TV then your TV might not support 1080p with a PC connection and it is upscaling from 1280x720/1366x768 with bad upscaling (use GPU scaler)[/strike]. If you have your PC connected to a PC monitor then it should be obvious since you have SDTV (704×480) vs full HD (1920x1080) monitor.

Where talking about ~0.6 megapixels to display detail versus 2 megapixels.

I imagine most people at this forum know what they talk about when they look at the technical aspects(and some people here seem to work with it), but as the "average" guy that I probably am, I don't really know where the differences are(and mind you, it was on a SDTV, so the differences should be bigger for those who know where to look)

Well on your PC, just set Convictions resolution to something below 1280x720 2xMSAA and then switch to 1920x080 4xMSAA and then notice the difference. Either use your GPU scaler or monitor scaler, doesn't mather as the difference is still huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back