Trailer from Naughty Dog

Skin shader looks far too plastic as well, it's like there's no specular map applied, nor any high-requency details in the textures. And the lighting... I know he's firing an AK, but why show this overbright, burnt out image??

Definitely not on par with the original trailer, and I thought that was realtime... seems like we've been fooled back then, one more time.

Stop. Just stop. How are you going to compare an overcompressed Quicktime 3d image to a trailer? As far as I'm concerned the game looks even BETTER than the original screenshots.

As far as the vegetation goes the early screen shots were very hit or miss making me lead to believe that certain sections were more completed than others. Hell why not just look at the new screens that were shown a week or two ago? Nothing has been 'downgraded' from the original trailer and screens just wait for gameplay videos for final judgement. I think people are just way too jaded these days.

Looks pretty good to me. Some things look less that that trailer, but other things like lighting for instance looks better now. Hopefully we get to see more.

Did you really? It was from E3 '06 wasn't it? I never thought a game would look like that circa 6 months before the launch of the console itself.

I remember there was some discussion of clipping in the original clip. Was it widely assumed to be real-time? Or was it just taken at face value cos it's ND after all...

The E3 2006 ND trailer is like the E3 2005 Heavenly sword trailer, the framerate was speed up and it is using 100% ingame asset. If I remember well, one close up was cg in HS E3 2005 trailer, it is not the case for ND trailer.

We don't know the date of the screenshot, it could be very early.

Axsider is not an insider.

Stop. Just stop. How are you going to compare an overcompressed Quicktime 3d image to a trailer? As far as I'm concerned the game looks even BETTER than the original screenshots.

As far as the vegetation goes the early screen shots were very hit or miss making me lead to believe that certain sections were more completed than others. Hell why not just look at the new screens that were shown a week or two ago? Nothing has been 'downgraded' from the original trailer and screens just wait for gameplay videos for final judgement. I think people are just way too jaded these days.

er the new screens that you see time ago are from old build not newer :D

ND confirmed it to be real time a while ago

IGN: Definitely. Of course, we think that the most important question that a lot of people have right now is "how much of that footage was CG and how much was real-time?"

Wells: The entire trailer was rendered in real-time using our PS3 game engine. All of the models, textures, shaders and effects are in-game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710266p1.html

ND confirmed it to be real time a while ago

IGN: Definitely. Of course, we think that the most important question that a lot of people have right now is "how much of that footage was CG and how much was real-time?"

Wells: The entire trailer was rendered in real-time using our PS3 game engine. All of the models, textures, shaders and effects are in-game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710266p1.html

If that's true then we should be seeing an upgrade over the trailer then, right?

:???:

Maybe it's similar situation to Halo3 : E3 trailer was real-time, but graphics for various reasons are worse in current playable builds?

The Halo3 demo was limited in scope while the video for Drake was heavily populated. Not to mention Drake was showing gameplay elements in an advanced state where Halo3 showed no gameplay whatsoever. Just a mo-caped (?) animated spartan walking to a point and a moving camera showing a sparsely detailed world and a few moving ships.

Drake on the other hand was showing heavily populated foliage with enemies and the main character action in what seemed to be gameplay scenarios.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that trailer was real time then i don´t understand at all nowadays promotion people tactics, they allways choose the worst levels, the worst angles, the worst lightning conditions and the flattest backgrounds to show us games evolutions...

I praise Naughty Dog honesty. They can show some bullshot. I repeat in december the game was just a bit under the trailer.

And the promotional materials of Sony is often old, we don't know the screenshot date, if it is like the HS shots at E3.

Back