Trailer from Naughty Dog

Eight Days.

No idea, guess it's in hiding until closer to it's release.

That trailer is quite old, I think it is the E3 one actually.

Yeah, seems like the old trailer. But hopefully this site update bodes well for some information to come soon. :)

Looks like Tomb Raider with a guy... too bad they don't make a Tomb Raider look that good though.

Just a precision for those interested

Eight Days is a SCEE London Studios title.

Right, I know it's a different game, just remembered seeing that trailer along with the ND title.

It seems like the ND title could use similar technology to Heavenly Sword. You obviously don't have the over-the-top moves but you have these free-roaming outdoor environments.

It will be interesting to compare the ND game to HS when done.

So, are we not going to see a new J&D from ND for PS3? I wish we get to see new J&D, R&C and Sly Cooper games for PS3.

We have seen the R&C trailer from GDC (I think) & as is the way with such things we'll inevitably see J&D and Sly too.

So, are we not going to see a new J&D from ND for PS3? I wish we get to see new J&D, R&C and Sly Cooper games for PS3.

Rachet & Clank will be there for sure. Confirmed by Insomniac several times and even shown at GDC early this year.
r5456c.jpg

I'm too sure about Jak & Daxter, ND has a history of creating a new IP for every platform (spyro on ps1, jak on ps2), so they might continue this untitled game in future sequels. But, for what it's worth there have been rumors of "Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier" on PS3. Though of course, no confirmations.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/703/703991p1.html

As for Sly Cooper 4, Sucker Punch is working on a next gen game last I heard, though they havent announced any details regarding what it is or what platform it will be on.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/682/682195p1.html
Sucker Punch Powers Up
Next-generation, here it comes!

by Jeremy Dunham

January 19, 2006 - The Bellevue, Washington development company Sucker Punch Productions (Sly Cooper) has begun requesting applications for engine programmers on its next project. This is a significant demand for the fan-favorite company as the request is for an untitled "Top Secret Next-Gen" videogame. The specific platform is unconfirmed, but is expected to for PlayStation 3 given Sucker Punch's recent release history.

The only other fact we know about the mystery title is that will feature online elements of some kind -- not a big surprise for a next-gen project, but it is a new road taken for Sucker Punch as a game maker.

When we learn more, you will too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never got around to playing J&D but played several R&C, which was using the J&D engine, wasn't it?

Would Insomniac do their own engine for a PS3 R&C game or try to leverage again off what ND is doing?

J&D engine's main contribution was suppose to be seamless streaming of level data -- no loading to roam around in a large world.

IIRC R&C will be on a improved resistance engine. Which is Insomniac's own engine. Naughty Dog is using their own engine for this untitled game. But you can bet those two companies share ideas and help each other out.

I'm not into shooters, first or third-person. R&C was about the only exception.

I couldn't hit anything in SOCOM, even at point-blank range. Maybe there is much better collision detection or something but in the Resistance demo, I can actually hit things. You could also see enemies in the distance much better, as well as track shots.

It was confirmed that Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronties is in development, but it's not a Naughty Dog game anymore as they're focussing on their new trilogy, those jungle games. I'm 100% shure that Ready at Dawn who made Daxter on PSP is working on the new J&D game. ;)

IIRC R&C will be on a improved resistance engine. Which is Insomniac's own engine. Naughty Dog is using their own engine for this untitled game. But you can bet those two companies share ideas and help each other out.

Has one of the devs said that ? because that's not what i have read mon ami

Back