Today's my second birthday, had a hefty crash!

Glad you made it through alright.

But next time, remember that snow/ice = sub 50 Km/h speeds. [/Road safety crew] ;)

hey69 said:
remembe

BMW + snow on road= NOT GOOD tm

Rear wheel driven cars are a nightmare in the winter
i drive a bmw and and I 'try' to never drive if ithere is snow or ice on the road .

since my last accident on a iceplated road, i'm a bit afraid to drive in the winter.
you mean front engine rear drive.. rear engine rear drive are wonderfull in the snow.
i.e old beetles and all 911s.
1800 pounds and having the engine in the back does wonders ;)

rabidrabbit said:
What was the first accident with the Police?

I drove backwards out of the parking lot and picked them up as they drove by, that was right after I got my license, bloody beginner failure.

radeonic2 said:
So would you do it all over again if you could?

Do what, the accident? Of course not, I'm not sucidal!!! I'm truly happy that I wasn't injured, actually I'm throwing a nice little party today :D

Happy birthday then!

Now that things are settling down for you again, do you think you were in error or do you think it was just one of those things?

Tahir2 said:
Happy birthday then!

Now that things are settling down for you again, do you think you were in error or do you think it was just one of those things?

I did absolutely nothing but driving the constant speed on a fully straight piece of the road. I didn't throttle or brake or overcome or anything, there were no cars in front of me or behind me. So no error on my part here, at least not that I'm aware of.

Thanks all for the heads-up, a big hug to ya all!!! :D :D :D

_xxx_ said:
Do what, the accident? Of course not, I'm not sucidal!!! I'm truly happy that I wasn't injured, actually I'm throwing a nice little party today :D
hehe.. was a bit of a joke.. ya know how people after someone does something are like would you do it again...

_xxx_ said:
It was actually in the radio (traffic news) since we blocked the road for an hour or so :LOL:

Your 15minutes of fame. :p Anyway, glad you're still alive and nobody was hurt.

_xxx_ said:
I did absolutely nothing but driving the constant speed on a fully straight piece of the road. I didn't throttle or brake or overcome or anything, there were no cars in front of me or behind me. So no error on my part here, at least not that I'm aware of.

In the neighbourhood where I live, there used to be an airfield several decades ago. There's still one road reminding of that time, a couple of km long, _totally_ straight and flat road (just like an airstrip but nowadays in road use) with only one intersection in the middle of it. There are traffic lights for pedestrians in that intersection, because kids going to school need to cross that road. So, a traffic light pole in the middle of that road is pretty much the only obstacle in sight for a kilometer to both directions. There's 50km/h speed limit there. Not too long ago in a normal winter weather for Scandinavian climate, I witnessed a guess-what-brand-and-model car that had just managed to hit the traffic lights pole precisely head-on... No wonder BMW actually has been giving lessons for their customers of winter driving. (Not that it isn't necessary for owners of other cars, but it would seem vital for staying alive with BMW...)

WhiningKhan said:
No wonder BMW actually has been giving lessons for their customers of winter driving. (Not that it isn't necessary for owners of other cars, but it would seem vital for staying alive with BMW...)

Yeah, BMW's allow for some more drifting to begin with.

I'm looking for a C-class now, but it'll be the old one (W202). I have to keep it within the budget.

Anyway, got rid of the BMW as-is for 5000€ and am bying a used older model C-Class (C220 CDI, W202) for some ~10000€. Well within the budget, so all is fine now.

It gets better and better: I just had yet another accident - a guy behind me was a bit slow on the brakes and crashed into my bumper. It was my company's car, at least.

So 3 crashes in one week, that's just hilarious. I took a few days off, I have to calm down a bit. :devilish:

_xxx_ said:
It gets better and better: I just had yet another accident - a guy behind me was a bit slow on the brakes and crashed into my bumper. It was my company's car, at least.

So 3 crashes in one week, that's just hilarious. I took a few days off, I have to calm down a bit. :devilish:
Good idea! Take it easy for a bit. Three times is too much already!

Back