TitanFall [XO,X360]

They're tackling bad news of the future. It didn't look likely to be on PS4 anytime soon.

CBOAT said 1 year exclusive, so you are right. It really doesn't change much. However IMO, MS should pay to have titanfall as a next-gen exclusive, no 360 version.

Unless of course MS makes a second deal with EA for exclusiveness on TitanFall 2.

I wonder how these deals work. Seems like developers don't have much to say in "partnership" relationship with publishers. Vinny may say they will make sequels for PS4, but what if MS moneyhats 'em too and EA say yes again.

Anyway, masterful move from MS. They most likely won US market with this move. About time they make something right after multiple PR or technical disasters.

It seems a bit mean that EA didn't even discuss it with them before hand. They must be feeling shades of deja vu with Activision.

You seem to think EA forced Respawn into that situation? As if EA didn't have the necessary controlling rights to do as it sees fit? How exactly do you think the contract was setup between EA and Respawn to help get that new development studio off the ground?

For it to be shades of deja-vu, Vince et all must be withheld the money rightfully due to them by EA.

Seems just like Activision to me with EA screwing over Vince once again.

I can understand if they want a platform exclusive because MS obviously paid hand over fist for it.

But to not even tell the devs who were probably already working on a PS4 port until after the deal is signed is inexcusable

But then i have to remember who i'm talking about, its EA and MS of course.

It's commonly the case that the publisher would own the IP. However with someone as prominent as respawn they might be able to leverage that ownership, EA would likely retain the right of first refusal for sequels and it's quite possible that the deal would require respawn to deliver multiple titles to EA.

I doubt respawn have any control over exclusive deals EA might strike, though it could be contractually specified, as it probably hurts respawn since I'd assume that payments would be based on units sold and the general consensus seems to be you lose 30-40% of your sales by being single platform if the platform split is 50/50.

Now that 30-40% might not be that much given the small number of PS4's likely to be out in the launch timeframe, but it's not unusual for marquee games on new platforms to have unusually long sales lives.

I wonder how this pans out for the XBO. Sequel is likely to be multiplatform and the first title can be played elsewhere.

Personally I'm disappointed by the news but since the game was timed exclusive for a year and by then Titanfall 2 might be ready to release, EA probably chose to save money on a late port and made a deal with MS to keep the game off Sony platforms.

Interesting, I didn't believe it was ever a timed exclusive (as in didn't have a view either way), but people was saying that and trying to speak it into reality like it was a done deal.
Do you have a link for that, or what? And I don't mean unfounded rumours?

Yes you can play it elsewhere but only on X1 for next gen console, for people that aren't interested in PC isn't that what matters?

I've always felt that if MS had exclusives they should bring them to PC personally and felt it was a shame they never, even if at a later date.

I also wouldn't take it for granted yet that any sequels would automatically be multi platform either, as his later tweets said not to read anything more into it.
People take that as meaning they will be multi platform, but it could just as easily mean their only talking about the first, and not saying anything either way about later TF games.

Hopefully by the time they get to a sequel they'll have got it up to 1080p!
What is it now? Or is this the same factual information about it being multi plat?

Do you feel the same way about the Sony exclusives?
Would be nice as it was never a directly competing platform. One of the reasons people always say wasn't fair comparing consoles to pc's.
But there is a big difference, PC is still an MS platform.
So MS bringing xbox games to PC, is still brining it to another of their own platforms.

Would be nice as it was never a directly competing platform. One of the reasons people always say wasn't fair comparing consoles to pc's.
But there is a big difference, PC is still an MS platform.
So MS bringing xbox games to PC, is still brining it to another of their own platforms.

MS doesn't benefit any more from releasing their exclusives on PC than Sony would (and would suffer about the same amount from the negative impact). So no, there isn't a big difference.

AFAIK it's 720p.

The only thing confirmed by Respawn is 60FPS. They've basically said they'll sacrifice res to get there, but everything about its res is just rumor at this point.

MS doesn't benefit any more from releasing their exclusives on PC than Sony would (and would suffer about the same amount from the negative impact).

Sony does not have a functional OS monopoly (in the PC space). To play Windows games you obviously need to buy a MS product first. Microsoft also makes the vast majority of their money from Windows and Windows based software.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

Cheers

Back