TitanFall [XO,X360]

Oh. :/

I guess I had the weird idea that they would have to script the failure or victory of one particular team in order for some sort of story to progress. >_<

---

The gameplay would have been a neat evolution for a Shogo sequel (Monolith). Oh well.

heh... actually given the branching that happens in the Shogo story, having one play either side and directing entirely separate storylines/objectives would be somewhat fitting, albeit with proper campaign levels. I digress...

._.

The campaign just has some audio background for the mission when you're in the lobby screen, and then you get a mini "cutscene" at the start of the mission. Then throughout the round you have some rambling audio about what's supposed to be going on. I've noticed a few little scripted things, but nothing major. I think the mission end audio just changes depending on who wins, but they don't have a cutscene at the end. I imagine the other team gets a different intro and different audio. Not sure.

Oh. :/

I guess I had the weird idea that they would have to script the failure or victory of one particular team in order for some sort of story to progress. >_<

---

The gameplay would have been a neat evolution for a Shogo sequel (Monolith). Oh well.

heh... actually given the branching that happens in the Shogo story, having one play either side and directing entirely separate storylines/objectives would be somewhat fitting, albeit with proper campaign levels. I digress...

._.

WOW Blast from the past! I friggin LOVED Shogo.

Not sure if I'd want to directly compare this to BF4. They play quite different. It's even a fair bit different than COD. The vertical element, the titans and the grunts change the strategy from that game completely. Not sure if I can pick a favourite between Titanfall and BF4 (now that it works), but I'd take it over COD by a landslide.

I've been having a lot of fun playing this. I love the crazy stuff that happens . Last night I was in a huge fight against a titan , jumped on it , started blasting it . The guy jumped out of it and tried killing me , as he was shooting me the titan I summoned landed right on him.

I've been having a lot of fun playing this. I love the crazy stuff that happens . Last night I was in a huge fight against a titan , jumped on it , started blasting it . The guy jumped out of it and tried killing me , as he was shooting me the titan I summoned landed right on him.

Getting kills with titan drops is always satisfying.

Played quite a bit more. My crew is pretty good at accumulating wins. I'm very happy with the game. It's a lot of fun. There are a lot of maps, and they're all very well designed. I think like most hype, it's a little overblown, but at the same time, I'd say it's one of the best multiplayer games I've played, period.

It unlocked at midnight here in Denmark (on the PC).
I have a Geforce 680, and in the training levels i had to lower the quality (AA) to get a smooth framerate hmmm..

What?!? I only have a 670 :(

Are the graphics on PC good?

According to the this you have nothing to worry about:

http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/1352-titanfall-pc-gpu-benchmark-full-version

titanfall-bench-results-3.jpg

It was a short test, purely with my own eyes, I expected a steady 60 to be somewhat easy to achieve. Based on the comparable weak xb1. Going to play a bit more tonight.

running great with no aa and low texture filtering, only a few torn frames.

and it's a fun game

Played until I got a blue screen, seems I have an issue when the games are switching from full screen to the desk top..

It was a short test, purely with my own eyes, I expected a steady 60 to be somewhat easy to achieve. Based on the comparable weak xb1. Going to play a bit more tonight.
Users with 2GB of Video RAM are advised to lower the texture quality setting from Insane to Very High. The game uses 3GB of Video RAM on Insane.

Played quite a bit more. My crew is pretty good at accumulating wins. I'm very happy with the game. It's a lot of fun. There are a lot of maps, and they're all very well designed. I think like most hype, it's a little overblown, but at the same time, I'd say it's one of the best multiplayer games I've played, period.
Been gaming on PC for quite a while now, so my gamepad skills suck balls. Think it's worthwhile for me to jump in?

Been gaming on PC for quite a while now, so my gamepad skills suck balls. Think it's worthwhile for me to jump in?

It's a great game. The PC version is apparently flooded with aimbots and other hacks. One of the reasons I'm glad to leave the PC world behind.

I don't know if I'd buy X1 for a single game, as great as it is. The game is probably going to have long legs, so maybe wait till fall if there are some other games coming out that you'd like to play.

I don't think we've ever played together on X1. Okay, I'll grab Titanfall this weekend.

Does RobertR1 have it? I know he's all married and domesticated now, but does he still game? LOL.

Btw, strategy is changing a lot during the first week. People are starting to figure out how to use all the different titan options. The different chassis, weapons and abilities really alter the tactics. In the beta, the titans were all equipped with projectile guns, so the vortex shield was critical. If you knew when to use it you could not only defend yourself but cripple your opponent. Now people are using the arc gun, the railgun and grenades, all of which the vortex shield is not useful in defending. So, you've got to think about using other abilities, like the smoke or the static shield, and whatever comes after that. Totally changes your strat. Not to mention, you get strides with heavy weapons, or the heavy punch, and they can hit you with big damage and escape. There's a lot more going on. I'm going to have to completely redo my titan builds to stay competitive. I went from being a wrecking machine in a titan to cannon fodder in one night, just from the change of builds.

Finally got around to trying capture the flag, and it's pretty awesome. THe other team had a really good plan to defend their base and cap flags. We were totally outplayed. You really need to make use of auto-titans, striders, hitching rides etc, to get flag caps.

It's a great game. The PC version is apparently flooded with aimbots and other hacks. One of the reasons I'm glad to leave the PC world behind.

I don't know if I'd buy X1 for a single game, as great as it is. The game is probably going to have long legs, so maybe wait till fall if there are some other games coming out that you'd like to play.

I havent seen anything like that, yet. Got some links to evidence? This being a Source engine, might make it a easy target. Given the kill cam cheater should be easy to catch..

Remember, there are several key elements in the game that makes it seem like people are "cheating" , the smart gun and the tactical eye that lets you see through walls. The magnetic gun on Titans is also pretty neat..

One of the reasons Consoles are so good to play MP games with, no cheating. Though this game is really really quick, so a Controller is really a slow motion device.

Back