TitanFall [XO,X360]

Of course, but I don't trust gaming "journalist", lazy, easily manipulated, man children in bed with the same companies they are supposed to critique.
I guess you'll have to take your chances then. But for me, If the sites I regularly read - Eurogamer, IGN, GameInformer, C&VG and VideoGamer - are all complaining of online issues for online games, I'll probably give that title a miss until it gets sorted out.

I definitely would not have bought BF4 at launch if I'd known of its online issues.

Why the PC version of Titanfall is a 48GB install

Eurogamer article on Titanfall's 48Gb install on PC, thanks to 35Gb of uncompressed audio.

They report that the Xbox One version is around 17Gb.

Eurogamer article on Titanfall's 48Gb install on PC, thanks to 35Gb of uncompressed audio.

They report that the Xbox One version is around 17Gb.

Wow, would have been nice if they at least gave the option for users to install the "compressed audio" version! Now I'm giving up 3% of my HDD for something that I don't need just to support low end PC's!

Hope this doesn't become a trend.

Downloading while I'm at work. Won't be able to play until late tonight. I'll post my impressions later on, or tomorrow.

What did you use to launch the download? I used store.xbox.com, but from there couldn't find a way to monitor the download queue for the One (only the 360). Didn't get anywhere with Smart Glass in that regard either.

EDIT

Just occurred to me that you may not have meant that you bought and downloaded it remotely from work, but that you're simply waiting for it to download while at work (and started the download at home). In which case, ignore my question. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you use to launch the download? I used store.xbox.com, but from there couldn't find a way to monitor the download queue for the One (only the 360). Didn't get anywhere with Smart Glass in that regard either.

EDIT

Just occurred to me that you may not have meant that you bought and downloaded it remotely from work, but that you're simply waiting for it to download while at work (and started the download at home). In which, ignore my question. :p

Yah, I started it from home before I came in. I haven't looked into Smartglass or anything to see if you can queue or monitor downloads. It would be nice to be able to do that sometimes.

Is uncompressed audio really going to sound so much better to justify the frankly ridiculous install size?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! Google is my friend.

Yah, I started it from home before I came in. I haven't looked into Smartglass or anything to see if you can queue or monitor downloads. It would be nice to be able to do that sometimes.

Thought I'd share what I've seen so far. As I mentioned previously I bought it from the online store this morning remotely where it told me it would be in My Games and Apps on the One. Came home to find that TitanFall was in fact in My Games and Apps and ready!

Ready to install, that is. Which by install it means download.

From what I can tell there's no way to see your One download queue online as you can with the 360. And as I sarcastically noted above buying it from store.xbox.com doesn't seem to kick of the download at this point either. Perhaps it might if it does a nightly check. Double checked Smart Glass and there's no way to see your download queue there either.

Heard it hits a single digit frame rate on the XB1 during busy scenes. Which is something that happens in warframe every now and then, and very annoying it is to.

I've only played a handful of rounds so far, and btw not really my kind of game, but having a lot of fun with it. Graphics don't wow, but framerate and responsiveness is good. I've had no lag of any sort so far. My internet connection tests at 45Mb down/5Mb up with 46ms ping to their "east coast" servers where ever those are.

Need practice but I like the system of checks and balanced they've employed all around. Maps I've been on so far have lots of options. Definitely a nice change of pace to an otherwise crowded pool of military shooters. Glad there are no zombies. ;)

Graphics aren't the best, but not bad either. They're ok. I like the sound a lot.

So far, I've got a couple hours under my belt. Haven't experienced lag except a couple of matches where it wasn't too bad but would hit every once in a while. Didn't have any crashes or kicks.

Controls are still solid. Maps all seem to be interesting and well designed. Game modes are fun. Campaign mode is kind of dumb. I really couldn't pay attention to the story that was being narrated to me during frenetic fighting. Haven't played CTF yet, but I think it should be pretty cool.

Heard it hits a single digit frame rate on the XB1 during busy scenes. Which is something that happens in warframe every now and then, and very annoying it is to.

Pretty rare. I've had a few times where it possibly hit that low. If you get into a really crowded area with a lot of rockets and explosions going off, the frame rate takes a hit. I'd rather see them improve the framerate post release rather than increase resolution, but the game does play very well.

There are only what, 4 million X1s out there? I'm guessing it'll be fairly popular on PC. They should be able to hit that 4-8 million range, but there's no way they do COD-like numbers, because there just aren't enough machines out there. Not sure how well the 360 version will do. It should have legs though, as people keep picking up the console.

So... how does the campaign thing work :?:

Campaign is kind of dumb. They are the same maps and modes as your normal multiplayer options, but they give you an audio intro and there are some scripted events during the missions. To be honest, it's so fast and frantic, that I could barely follow the story during the "mission". Listening to someone narrate a storyline during team deathmatch doesn't really work.

Campaign is kind of dumb. They are the same maps and modes as your normal multiplayer options, but they give you an audio intro and there are some scripted events during the missions. To be honest, it's so fast and frantic, that I could barely follow the story during the "mission". Listening to someone narrate a storyline during team deathmatch doesn't really work.

Oh. :/

I guess I had the weird idea that they would have to script the failure or victory of one particular team in order for some sort of story to progress. >_<

---

The gameplay would have been a neat evolution for a Shogo sequel (Monolith). Oh well.

heh... actually given the branching that happens in the Shogo story, having one play either side and directing entirely separate storylines/objectives would be somewhat fitting, albeit with proper campaign levels. I digress...

._.

Back