TitanFall [XO,X360]

Read a story today. Can't remember where. Respawn said they're going after cheaters on the pc.

I wish they would honeypot cheaters, leave something obvious open that was easy to detect, let it run for a month, then ban them all. Rinse Repeat. Those that want to cheat will cheat, so instead of making it harder to get the cheats working, make it easier to detect them.

Gamers that cheat when playing against others are among the worst type of humans.

Overall having fun, sometimes with shooters I get more stressed than I do, but this has modes that I am comfortable with and generally can lead the boards.

Some guys are really quick to aim, I am still looking for them and then I watch the kill replay out how quickly they found me and spun around to make the kill.

I never see anyone talking, so I don't see much yet as far as team tactics. Which is sad because I think some modes will reward good team play.

Overall having fun, sometimes with shooters I get more stressed than I do, but this has modes that I am comfortable with and generally can lead the boards.

Some guys are really quick to aim, I am still looking for them and then I watch the kill replay out how quickly they found me and spun around to make the kill.

I never see anyone talking, so I don't see much yet as far as team tactics. Which is sad because I think some modes will reward good team play.

In this game you are rewarded strongly for playing for the team even if the rest of the team doesn't. I won several rounds by guarding hard points with zero kills. I Park my titan nearby in guard mode and keep objective secure. And with a xp burn card you can really boost the xp.

I've seen people win MVP with terrible kill to death ratios in hardpoint. Cap flags and hold. Best to play with people you know to strategize. I generally find people don't talk to strangers in shooters.

I've seen people win MVP with terrible kill to death ratios in hardpoint. Cap flags and hold. Best to play with people you know to strategize. I generally find people don't talk to strangers in shooters.

Yep that is how you "win" Hardpoint. Been playing a lot more, there is some really skilled players out there, that is what i choose to believe, because if they are cheating it would instantly make the game worthless to me.

The game has lots of tactics and depth, but i must admit that if i don't feel i get any better than i am now, then the interest will be gone in a month. There is only so many maps and so much to unlock in the game.

But i am still having fun, in my mind it should be tried and played by any FPS players.

Map strategy is changing quick. CTF is really only playable if you have friends to play with. Requires too much strategy to play with randoms.

Btw, strategy is changing a lot during the first week. People are starting to figure out how to use all the different titan options. The different chassis, weapons and abilities really alter the tactics. In the beta, the titans were all equipped with projectile guns, so the vortex shield was critical. If you knew when to use it you could not only defend yourself but cripple your opponent. Now people are using the arc gun, the railgun and grenades, all of which the vortex shield is not useful in defending. So, you've got to think about using other abilities, like the smoke or the static shield, and whatever comes after that. Totally changes your strat. Not to mention, you get strides with heavy weapons, or the heavy punch, and they can hit you with big damage and escape. There's a lot more going on. I'm going to have to completely redo my titan builds to stay competitive. I went from being a wrecking machine in a titan to cannon fodder in one night, just from the change of builds.

Finally got around to trying capture the flag, and it's pretty awesome. THe other team had a really good plan to defend their base and cap flags. We were totally outplayed. You really need to make use of auto-titans, striders, hitching rides etc, to get flag caps.

That sounds good. I had a feeling the game might get monotonous after a while, thats how the beta felt to me. Good to know thats not the case. The game has a very big window to sell itself, from now till xmas. They are a new team and ironing out the performance for the pc version is also taking time. If they can get a edition out with xtra dlc by xmas, they can go against COD sales again at that time. And they will have a more balanced and ironed out game by then.

Also, just asking for info, the game seems to be heading towards 'it's a team game' genre. Now that ppl are getting to know the game better, does it let u go around as a solo Rambo and enjoy too? Or are u dead beat if u try something like that? Cos even in the beta, one TiTan against two was pretty much a one sided fight. COD lets u do that in most of its modes, except SnD, and I think thats part of its wide appeal.

Edit: just saw this : http://www.truebluemagazine.com/alien-life-coming-to-titanfall-new-titans-will-have-to-wait/

So, new maps are inbound but no new Titans anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the game on PC.

Too bad the friend sistem is completely broken for me.

I can't send invite, I can't join invites.

The smart pistol is awesome. No need to become twitch reflex :D
And the auto titan seems able to kill people better than me haha.

My origin : orangpelupa

About solo rambo,

I usually use adrenaline card, smart pistol, and cloak.

This is very effective to farm people from their back in start of battle.

I finally played a bit last night. Overall, the game mechanics are pretty fun, and I think the shooting is just about right. Love the agility and wall running. My problem has been the Titans themselves. They feel completely worthless to me, so much so that I don't even call them when they're ready. Every time I get in one, I die almost immediately. I'd much rather be on foot, which is kind of depressing to be honest.

Also, in Attrition, is there any reason to try to get to the drop ship after you've lost the match? It seems like just another free kill for the enemy Titans, who are either waiting for you or blow up the drop ship itself. I usually don't even bother trying for extraction.

Does this game use Trueskill matchmaking? It seems like the skill gap is way too large, and it never gets any better the more games you play.

I finally played a bit last night. Overall, the game mechanics are pretty fun, and I think the shooting is just about right. Love the agility and wall running. My problem has been the Titans themselves. They feel completely worthless to me, so much so that I don't even call them when they're ready. Every time I get in one, I die almost immediately. I'd much rather be on foot, which is kind of depressing to be honest.

Also, in Attrition, is there any reason to try to get to the drop ship after you've lost the match? It seems like just another free kill for the enemy Titans, who are either waiting for you or blow up the drop ship itself. I usually don't even bother trying for extraction.

Does this game use Trueskill matchmaking? It seems like the skill gap is way too large, and it never gets any better the more games you play.

Titans are hard to master, you absolutely can't handle anyone that double teams you, unless they really suck. I use my titan to kills everything else but Titans and if i get the chance i will of course gang up on a lonely titan along with others. The Auto Titan is pretty good, i go for the heavy Titan with a fairly quick weapon so it can kill pilots (and it does). I usually keep it close by as a rough proximity sensor.

The drop ship give bonus points when you get away in it. And it's somewhat rare that it actually gets blown up. There are several ways to play the dropship, since it's a obvious point of attention for everyone on the map you can decide what to do. Take you titan there and see if you can get some easy kills on the escaping pilots.. or those that want to kill the escaping pilots. Switch loadout when the round is close to ending and go for a sniper weapon and camp close to the pick up point so you can kill those that again, want to escape or want to kill the escapers. I often see pilots that simply stays on the ground and tries to protect those that wants to run away, and everything is rewarded in some way :)

As for the last one, it really seems to differ.. i can only recommend keep playing and playing and playing

Solo is fine in attrition, but you'll lose in CTF and hardpoint pretty consistently. If all you're worried about is your K:D, then you're fine, but if you actually want to win the round then team play is the only way to go.

Titans require skill. You need to watch your shields carefully and use cover. You need to know how to best use your loadout. If you're outnumbered you're probably going to be dead unless you are facing guys who really suck, or facing auto titans. Their is strategy to when to drop your titan. Basically there's no point in dropping yours if the other team has 4 up and you have none. Best to wait and synchronize your drops so you have at least equal numbers.

You get bonus exp for escaping in the drop ship. Unless you're worried about your K:D for some reason, you can only gain by trying to escape. You don't lose anything for getting killed.

I only played Attrition. Never won a single game (not even close). It was a slaughter more often than not. Not really worried about my K/D ratio, but not going for the drop ship is more of an FU to the bastards who already killed me 8-10 times during the game. Don't feel like giving them another.

Also, do you have to do something special to enable voice chat on the XBone? No one was talking in game last night, which is strange coming from the 360, where it was hard to get people to shut up. There is a little voice icon on screen that seem to indicate I was broadcasting when I spoke, so I assume it was working on my end.

I only played Attrition. Never won a single game (not even close). It was a slaughter more often than not. Not really worried about my K/D ratio, but not going for the drop ship is more of an FU to the bastards who already killed me 8-10 times during the game. Don't feel like giving them another.

Also, do you have to do something special to enable voice chat on the XBone? No one was talking in game last night, which is strange coming from the 360, where it was hard to get people to shut up. There is a little voice icon on screen that seem to indicate I was broadcasting when I spoke, so I assume it was working on my end.

You don't have to do anything. Should be working by default. I find there's usually some jackass yelling at his kids and his wife over Kinect, so you can hear the entire family turmoil. That's why I'm glad I stick to party chat or I don't bother.

I think I'll try Last Titan Standing, just to get more experience piloting them. They play nothing like the mechs in Mechwarrior Online, which I've been playing for the past year.

I was telling a coworker about the game (especially how I love the jumping and wall running) and he was getting excited about it. Said he would pick up a Bone and the game just to play it, so it looks like I may have a teammate, LOL.

Last Titan Standing is pretty fun, and a good way to get some practice with the different chassis.

I'll try to get you into some of our games, NRP. We win ... a lot.

For chassis, I think the Atlas is ok, but it doesn't have a real strength. Ogre and Stryder are the best options. Vortex shield is ok, but it's value has diminished. I'd go with electric smoke to kill rodeos and cap objectives. Can also be very damaging to other titans. It can be used defensively to block a lane to help you escape. The static shield is also good, whatever it's called. The nuke perk for the titan is really awesome. I have a hard time trading it for anything.

Stick to the standard assault rifle until you get some of the later guns. The standard rifle needs to be nerfed, because it's too good in all situations. The other guns have too many tradeoffs. I'd stick with the cloaking shield for infantry and use the power cell trait so you can turn it back on quick. Remember, if you're cloaked and you double jump, enemies can see the jets on your pack. So be careful about double jumping when you don't need to.

Play the objectives. If you're infantry, start near the capture points. If you're outside the range of capturing, you've gone too far. You want to make sure, that even if you're getting killed, you're slowing their cap as much as possible. You don't want to capture and lose it all the time. You need to cap and then stop their cap enough that they don't collect points. Too many people get dragged out of the capture zones to chase kills and then let the enemy take the point uncontested.

Also, don't sit in one spot. If you're in a titan, or on foot, always keep moving. Even if you're at a capture zone, make sure to move around. Get one kill, move to a different spot. If you're in your titan, keep moving so you don't get a titan dropped on top of you.

Back