This is my country

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
Indonesia
1. Ultimate freedom.
You can cook delicious food? Open stalls on the pedestrian.
images.jpeg

Need to held an event that need big open space?
Simply block the public road
images (1).jpeg

2. Blazing fast bureaucracy.
Need to get a new ID card ASAP?
Simply pay the "hidden fees" and it'll be done in a day or two instead of a year or two.

Wanna make a passport without hassle?
Simply look for someone with a family member in the immigration office, ask them to do some calls. BAM! Passport in 1 day, no rigorous interview.

3. Skip traffic jam. Motorcycle exclusive.
Oooh! That traffic jam is 10KM long? Simply ride on the pedestrian road.
images (3).jpeg

4. Extra money from the little people.
Cut food money, cut their work travel money, etc. They won't sue, they are little people.

5. Tons of cheap and delicious food and drinks.
Wherever you go, you'll find "warung" that sells all kinds of food qnd drinks. Heck, if you got trapped in a traffic jam... There will be people selling bottled water, snacks, etc coming to your car.
images (2).jpeg

6. Cheap health insurance.
Starting from only around 2 dollars a month.

How about yours?

I havent been in Indonesia this century, First time I ate dog was there, lombok.
Looking at these photos, I can smell the clove cigarettes and that hard to define stench that permeates everywhere.
Health insurance? I have none, my rasputan constitution deals with everything, eg indonesia, I would of just drunk water out of the tap, like I normally do. Though I have stopped this practice after many years now after I got diarrhea for the 2nd time in my life a few years ago I think in thailand. Ha 2nd time, first time I was like 20 or so, until then I thought diarrhea was when your shit was a bit soft afterwards OK diarrhea is literally pissing out your ass. :mrgreen: wonder how many other of my preconceptions I have always believed are wrong.

I think last time I was in indonesia was during the crisis of 97, suharto stepping down, crazy times, so cheap, ran out of cash there though, had to sleep on the streets, ultimately turned to prostitution/patronage till my flight, she was a nice canadian girl though

I love that country. I was gonna revisit a couple of years ago but the dynamite/cyanide fishing etc stopped me, I decided to go elsewhere., mate this practice is costing your country tourism

My country? NZ but currently living in catalonia, I love it here, found some human bones in a sepultura last weekend
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Y3drYlpUcnFNUE82QUwyUVhoazJ1dGFMRWN5T1BB
If I learnt anything from my horror film studies is that no evil comes from disturbing the dead

I havent been in Indonesia this century, First time I ate dog was there, lombok.
Looking at these photos, I can smell the clove cigarettes and that hard to define stench that permeates everywhere.
Health insurance? I have none, my rasputan constitution deals with everything, eg indonesia, I would of just drunk water out of the tap, like I normally do. Though I have stopped this practice after many years now after I got diarrhea for the 2nd time in my life a few years ago I think in thailand. Ha 2nd time, first time I was like 20 or so, until then I thought diarrhea was when your shit was a bit soft afterwards OK diarrhea is literally pissing out your ass. :mrgreen: wonder how many other of my preconceptions I have always believed are wrong.

I think last time I was in indonesia was during the crisis of 97, suharto stepping down, crazy times, so cheap, ran out of cash there though, had to sleep on the streets, ultimately turned to prostitution/patronage till my flight, she was a nice canadian girl though

I love that country. I was gonna revisit a couple of years ago but the dynamite/cyanide fishing etc stopped me, I decided to go elsewhere., mate this practice is costing your country tourism

My country? NZ but currently living in catalonia, I love it here, found some human bones in a sepultura last weekend
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Y3drYlpUcnFNUE82QUwyUVhoazJ1dGFMRWN5T1BB
If I learnt anything from my horror film studies is that no evil comes from disturbing the dead

whoa! I would really love to hear your story about that era, from the perspective of foreigner. and you even sleep on the streets. crazy times indeed.
but you also drinks from tap water, in indonesia. You are basically a superman.

btw that human bone, how do you know its a human bone? wait a sec... You have extensive experience with... human bone...?

Back