Thief 4

Theif is looking good the devs appear to have listened to the fans you can remove the hud, the prompts (no constant press X to open every time you look at a door) item highligting, the xp system, reaction icons for NPCs and most important of all no QTE's.
I wonder how that will go down in console land.

I think it's rather pathetic to be honest. So the we-have-to-please-everyone approach to game design has now reached the point where we have to make the final design decisions ourselves. Above anything this smells like genuine lack of conviction to me.

I think it's rather pathetic to be honest. So the we-have-to-please-everyone approach to game design has now reached the point where we have to make the final design decisions ourselves. Above anything this smells like genuine lack of conviction to me.

If anything, they reversed stance on "pleasing everyone" and instead focused back on the core aspect of the Franchise and what made it great. From what I understand GTE's and XP are out, you don't just toggle them on or off. Not sure on the HUD and other aspects.

Couldn't be more please with how they've reacted to fan feedback.

THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME!!

That is all :p

No reviews yet?

My PS4 copy has been shipped by Amazon.co.uk. Maybe tomorrow a hands-on review, depends
on whether it has been sent from the UK or their warehouse in Amsterdam.

The PS3 version already leaked to the interwebs, but indeed there are nada reviews out there
(incl. at Eurogamers.net or IGN).

My PS4 copy has been shipped by Amazon.co.uk. Maybe tomorrow a hands-on review, depends on whether it has been sent from the UK or their warehouse in Amsterdam.
I'm interested in Thief 4. I've not played any of the previous series but I'm holding off for the reviews first.

No reviews yet?

Watching people play it via Twitch suggests it is somewhere between AC and Dishonoured. The voice acting of the main character is beyond awful, he sounds like a douchey US radio announcer crossed with Duke Nukem as opposed to some grizzled member of an old timey fantasy underworld.

Why does every game have to hire / emulate Nolan North to voice their main character? I bet management would have given him a skateboard, stuck Taco Bell advertising on his back and had him rapping if no one was around to convince them otherwise.

Gameplay seems to be suitably loot and stealth focussed which is good and the few bursts of NPC dialogue I heard was well written (and suitably voiced!) Any time I have seen someone try to go guns a blazing they die which is good.

Cheers

Watching people play it via Twitch suggests it is somewhere between AC and Dishonoured. The voice acting of the main character is beyond awful, he sounds like a douchey US radio announcer crossed with Duke Nukem as opposed to some grizzled member of an old timey fantasy underworld.

Why does every game have to hire / emulate Nolan North to voice their main character? I bet management would have given him a skateboard, stuck Taco Bell advertising on his back and had him rapping if no one was around to convince them otherwise.

Gameplay seems to be suitably loot and stealth focussed which is good and the few bursts of NPC dialogue I heard was well written (and suitably voiced!) Any time I have seen someone try to go guns a blazing they die which is good.

Cheers

I watched a X360 playthough by some Jonesy on youtube and he was just rushing through each area, light or shadow no matter what, and he seemed to be doing alright :^/ ! The AI took time to react and by that time he was out of the area already. Oh, and the 360 version had loading screens every 30 secs or so ! WTF is up with that ?

The AI took time to react and by that time he was out of the area already.

One of the dev interviews I saw had a discussion on AI and it's intelligence / detection / response depends on the difficulty level.

Do you know what difficulty level the dude was playing with?

Machinima - 8.5/10
Canadian Online Gamers - 8.1/10
Game Informer - 8/10
Gamereactor Sweden - 8/10
Joystiq - 8/10 [4/5 stars]

PC Gamer - 7.9/10
Gamepro Germany - 7.8/10
4Gamers - 7.7/10
Destructoid - 7.5/10
Gametrailers - 7.5/10
Playstation Universe - 7.5/10
SlasherJPC video review - 7.5/10
EDGE - 7/10
Gamesbeat - 7/10
Gamesradar - 7/10 [3.5/5 stars]
OPM UK - 7/10
Play - 7/10
Videogamer - 7/10 [trololol]
XONE Magazine - 7/10

Lazygamer - 6.9/10
IGN - 6.8/10
Gamesided - 6.5/10
NowGamer - 6.5/10
Eurogamer - 6/10
Gamespot - 6/10
GamesTM - 6/10
Polygon - 6/10
Rev3games/Sessler video review - 6/10 [3/5 stars]
Rocket Chainsaw video review - 6/10 [3/5 stars]
US Gamer - 6/10 [3/5 stars]

From Gaf thread. Better than I expected, it looked more like a 5/10 game from the previews.

Canceled my pre-order based on it seeming that Dishonored is a batter game. Which I already have but not the DLC. Which I will get now.

Canceled my pre-order based on it seeming that Dishonored is a batter game. Which I already have but not the DLC. Which I will get now.

Also starting to have doubts now. Should cancel asap now, because the official release is around the corner.

Back