The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

Has anyone been keeping track of the quality-enhancement mods that have been appearing every other day?

nope. because im still waiting somebody put a comparison for a bunch of mods. Ideally, in various ToD and location (cave, indoor, outdoor) :D

New drinking game: every time Geralt drinks, you do. Although I can't find Dwarven Spirits in the liquor cabinet, so I mixed whiskey and Dewitos and it tastes like something I think dwarves would drink.

Great idea for a Friday night game session (because I don't have to drive following day and I do recover a lot of health thanks to various drinks in Witcher 3)!

The game is a high-profile, late-DX11 title, with rumors pointing that it'll be upgraded to DX12 in a later patch after Windows 10 is released. It was only released for PC and the 2013 consoles.

Were you really expecting to play the game with a 7 years-old graphics card that is limited to an API that was replaced 5 years ago?
On the bright side, you can probably use that card as a dedicated PhysX hardware accelerator, even if you own an AMD GPU.

The NPCs in this game can be quite rude. One fine gentleman took the time out of his day to say to me "you'll regret the day your mum squirted you out." When I was a young homerdog I recall learning from Cotillion class that you should never mention vagina squirts when greeting a stranger.

And yes I took Cotillion class it's a southern white thing where we learn how to ballroom dance and eat lobsters and shit. I fucking hated it so much except for the lobsters.

Last edited:
The NPCs in this game can be quite rude. One fine gentleman took the time out of his day to say to me "you'll regret the day your mum squirted you out." When I was a young homerdog I recall learning from Cotillion class that you should never mention vagina squirts when greeting a stranger.

And yes I took Cotillion class it's a southern white thing where we learn how to ballroom dance and eat lobsters and shit. I fucking hated it so much except for the lobsters.

There's another one you run into commonly where a guy will be walking by and ask you how he should beat his wench. Peasants.

Regards,
SB

The whole point seems to be to hammer home the barbarity of the common folk. Discrimination against mages and elves and whatnot have pretty obvious real life allegories.

Yup a land where almost all forms of law have broken down, and what little exists is either provided by what is basically a robber baron or by occupation forces. If anyone secretly harbored bad tendencies but suppressed them because of societal forces, those now come to the fore as they can express them with little to no repercussions.

Regards,
SB

guys! i found the answer of my mysterious "Low cpu usage" problem.

Turns out Witcher 3 is using everything and will be bottlenecked by whatever is the slowest in your PC (CPU or GPU).

If you have SLOW CPU but FAST GPU, you will get HIGH CPU usage but LOW GPU usage.
if you have FAST CPU but SLOW GPU, you will get LOW CPU usage but HIGH GPU usage.
**theoretically if you have high cpu and gpu usage, then witcher 3 is not being held back in your PC. Its running to the max performance.

*test done by
Radeon HD 7770
AMD Phenom II X2 that changed betwen 2 Core mode and 4 core mode.\

so basically my problem is my Phenom II X2 when unlocked to 4 cores is too fast for my Radeon HD 7770. Frankly this is weird because My CPU is very slow for modern day standard. Heck, i got a lot of FPS boost when using Mantle on BF4.

** so those people that complains Witcher 3 crashing their system with all the time 100% CPU and GPU usage, your PC is simply too balanced.

The 4+ core Phenom's actually tend to compete favorably with Intel CPUs in well threaded games that can take advantage of 4 cores or more. It's when a game predominantly runs on one CPU core where the Phenom struggles a lot compared to Intel CPUs.

Regards,
SB

It appears that CD Projekt RED has used a more advanced lighting system during The Witcher 3’s cut-scenes than the one featured while playing the game. And YouTube’s ‘Essenthy Onigami’ has been working on bringing this more advanced lighting system of The Witcher 3’s cut-scenes to the actual game.

While this mod is still a WIP project, Essenthy Onigami claimed that his mod is currently working fine, and that a release date will be announced soon.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...tem-by-replacing-it-with-a-more-advanced-one/

The mod has been available on pc since the 1st week and it have problems in some places or looks ugly. Nowadays it mostly works fine though

Back