The Official Metal Gear Online thread

Yes, it says 1.00. Ive said that before. But thanks for trying to help. :)

deepbrown, let me know what you come up with please.

NP. :)

Well, after PSN got its update, its still the same "issue" for me. I dont want the beta to go live, and then have to download some huge file, while they're getting hammered. Ugh.

edit, found this. Looks like what I feared, is going to happen.

Servers for updating may still be down:

Server maintenance of equipment, "2008.04.24 21:00"
"METAL GEAR ONLINE PREMIERE β" for GEMUKURAIANTO update is scheduled to resume today, "2008.04.25 09:00" resume postponed.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=mgs&thread.id=279503

Sweet, Im getting 1.01 as we speak. Hopefully it will be done when I get up, and I can start 1.02. What is the EST time the beta goes online?

edit, taken down? ugh! What did the release notes say?

Sweet, Im getting 1.01 as we speak. Hopefully it will be done when I get up, and I can start 1.02. What is the EST time the beta goes online?

The Update Currently being implemented will modify the way in which the beta client connects to our server.

And also apology from Konami. :oops:

Update is back up. When attempting to login the client spits back the cannot connect to server error much quicker. It doesn't sit there and "think" about it like it use too. Error is also different. Looks like they're on track to go live tonight. :D

In 45 minutes then? :)

Hopefully you are right. Cant wait to play it

I ve been watching all the MGS trailers and I am in the urge to experience it even if its a small taste online

What? We need 1.01 and 1.02!? Why can't they put 1.01 IN 1.02. Meh...it took me 10 hours to get to 97% of 1.01...I don't want to do it again :(

I think I'll just download the Siren demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.02 update is up in EU (from Norway), but http connection just gave me an error, so downloading via P2P now.
Not fast but atleast its downloading :)

I just let it use UPNP and then it configures my firewall automatically to allow the ports it uses.
I have no idea how it works if you say no to using UPNP.

Day off today so a good chance to have a go at this. 1.02 download, went smooth, tried P2P this time and got a fair speed of about 70KB/s. Then I tried registering a Konami ID through the PS3's web browser, and lo and behold, the server is up, running and works!

But man! Signing up for this beta is tougher than most IQ tests I've done in my life. Jeez. I sure hope that they'll use this only for the beta, and not for the actual game.

Of all the weird hoops I had to jump through (stupid konami and game id restrictions like not being able to use capitals, the two not being allowed to be the same, a minimum of 8 characters, the game id only allowing numeric password), the last one was the silliest - the area code which I entered correctly wasn't accepted. In the end I ditched the two characters at the end and then it worked. In total it took me about 10 retries before I got everything accepted. *sigh*

Oh well. At least (if I don't forget the passwords ...) I am unexpectedly ready to take part in this beta, something which I hadn't planned or counted on being able to do.

I also use UPNP by the way, very happy that PS3 games support that so well.

Back