The Official Metal Gear Online thread

There's a percentage scale in the right corner. 99% (lying down, or held up against a wall - and in shadow) is basically completely invisible. Unless someones found night vision goggles (they are around) then they can only see Snake's head lit up.

In night vision, you're footprints leave behind marks (which fade) since it's heat based :p

Did know that at all. And I wondered what's a NVG doing since maps where day based. heh

Does this mean we wont be getting the redish-yellowish-blueish thermal goggles in the game? I like that effect better

btw I would really loved MGS4 to be 60fps :(

The very few instances that the third map gets 60fps gives a total different feel to the visuals and controls

How does Snake appear to other players when camo'd. Is the Sanke player dependent on the camouflage just being hard to see, or is the Snake character further hidden?

I thought Europe gets free beta code ? If you survived Warhawk, you should be able to pick up the controls here.

Besides covered in the selected texture, Snake will appear translucent when he moves. If he's 99% hidden, he's transparent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sneak missions with Snake are awesome. I finally got to play with Snake, and he seems to have only one "skill", Legendary Hero! :) CQC instant kill move, 100% invisibility with Oktocamo and stun rifle combo is awesome.

I still dont get it when he is invisible and when he is not. I can walk pretty freely around the map and sometimes enemy players see me and then again sometimes they dont. What is the trick?

Gotta have MGS4! :)

Anyone else experiencing lots of crashes as of lately?

My game is freezing after about 10 minutes of playing and then it returns me to the XMB. The fact that the PS3 doesn't even beep or shut down makes me think its game related, but still... i'm starting to worry :S

Sneak missions with Snake are awesome. I finally got to play with Snake, and he seems to have only one "skill", Legendary Hero! :) CQC instant kill move, 100% invisibility with Oktocamo and stun rifle combo is awesome.

I still dont get it when he is invisible and when he is not. I can walk pretty freely around the map and sometimes enemy players see me and then again sometimes they dont. What is the trick?

Top right corner, you have the hidden %, if it's 90-100% your pretty much invisible.

Look in the corner - it shows the percentage. To do with what surface you have on your camo - whether you're in shadow, whether you're crouching, whether you're moving slowly or running, on your stomach etc.

Oh...I meant MGS4 is 30fps - as confirmed by TTP on Neogaf. But yes, they've really maxed out that level - because it both looks better and runs better. I'm presuming that's the only level taken out of the main game in this beta. I doubt we'd be going back to Grozny Grad....but maybe.

Oh How I wish We do ! :devilish: I would love to see it again after MGS3.It would be so cool, since I'll know the place already ! :cool: Man, is it cool to revisit some places !

The latest GT trailer shows Snake "going back" to Shadow Mosses

The awesome memories :D

It almost brings up a tear remembering the experience with Snake for all these years, and knowing that he will now probably die

Awesome!
Simply Awesome!!

I'm so annoyed! First of all my PS3 wouldn't load properly after quiting Battle Fantasia and so I turned it off...and upon turning it back on it said "restructuring HDD!!!" :( I thought I'd lost everything, but I didn't :D Just my organisation.

Then I was playing MGO - and being Snake...and I was rocking! And Otocon was being amazing. I almost won...but I dunno, I think someone had night vision. Anyway, I had 120 points to second places 40 points.

Next round I'm in Grad...and I go up one of the sniper towers - to the annoyance of Otocon who was telling me to follow him (he can't climb bless him)....but I knew there was a guy up there, so I stun him with my knife, get his tag and kill him. Another sucker comes up....walks striaght around the other way, I stun him...and get his tag.

Of course as soon as these guys respawned, they were going to try and kill me, but I had the perfect plan - magazine at the top of the ladder...as soon as they get up they get stopped in their tracks by nakedness. I wait around the other side, waiting for their moaning and growning, then I stun and kill them.

Anyway, i didn't have to do that this time, cause I was so quick - the third guy came along, stunned him...his tag falls out, I try to walk over it...Snake isn't picking it up! Snake stops moving! Otocon says well done to me, but I can't get the tag - the guys going to wake up any minute....and then I get "Connection unstable" and I disconnect. I don't recall the server...so i can't go back to tell them what happened and why Snake left, even though he was about to win within a minute and a half. SO ANNOYED.

:LOL: Is Snake immune to the magazine ?

His own magazine.

But here's something that actually really annoys me! All your teammates should be gay, because I make a huge effort to place mags in just the right places (at the landing point for the booster thingy) and my teammates ALWAYS walk straight past them, and then use my magazines! I hate it...such a waste.

:) Because I'm dead tired for staying up a second night (for work this time). Just played a couple of games and off I went.

I went into MGO to try to look for the spectate option. Then realize that it's not available in this version (I was told it was available in the first MGO).

Tried re-installing the game, the updates went pretty fast this time around, I played for 20 minutes and thought I was crash free this time and then BAM, crash to XMB again :(

Is it possible that my HDD has bad sectors and is doing this? Other games don't crash so I don't think it's my PS3 GPU/CPU overheating or something.

Well, it's a beta... so it's also possible that the software has some obscure bugs that caused your problem. Bad sectors is another possible explanation. I hope Sony comes out and talks more about its HDD technology from user perspective (e.g., No need to defrag ? Does it auto-detect bad sector during formating ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Magazines "kill" alot more players than any other grenade/bomb/accessory weapon in the game. Even Snake, legendary hero, with oktocamo is vulnerable to it! Just plant few magazines here and there and wait. Suddenly Snake appears and goes all horny. Next thing to do is to chop his head off! :D

No one else can come up with these ideas but some japanese devs and more precisely Kojima! :)

:) Because I'm dead tired for staying up a second night (for work this time). Just played a couple of games and off I went.

I went into MGO to try to look for the spectate option. Then realize that it's not available in this version (I was told it was available in the first MGO).

You can spectate.

At least reply to your PSN messages- because if it says someone isn't playing anything, isn't folding and is online - I sit there waiting for a reply. I find it frustrating patsu. Just say "no thanks, I'm going to play Resistance". :p

Back