The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Reminds me of Bishop from Aliens played by actor Lance Henriksen

Bishop_%28Alien%29.png

OMG, I'm hoping it's good, but I'm afraid to get my hopes up. I just saw that Amazon made a series based on the Wheel of Time (coming out in Nov.). That series is one of my top 10 possibly top 5 book series of all time.

Please don't mess it up Amazon.

Regards,
SB

Is anyone else watching Netflix's Brand New Cherry Flavor limited series?

Just finished Black Summer season 2. Absolutely love this series. Brilliant cinematography, long drawn own shots, and the scene interconnects. I just love the unique style I don't find in any other series. So real, griscerel, doesn't hold back on anything.

Psych was pretty enjoyable, though I must admit we gave up a few seasons before the last, because it was just seemingly never-ending.

Quite amusing how they managed to pretend the show was based in California (I seem to think), when the show was filmed in Canada!

So, Foundation will finally arrive at the end of the coming week.
But frankly, watching the trailer on repeat trying to find something relatable... Looks like it's going to be some sort of Dune-Star Wars crossover with a license plate stolen from Asimov's vehicle. Deja-vu of I, Robot. Sigh.

So, Foundation will finally arrive at the end of the coming week.
But frankly, watching the trailer on repeat trying to find something relatable... Looks like it's going to be some sort of Dune-Star Wars crossover with a license plate stolen from Asimov's vehicle. Deja-vu of I, Robot. Sigh.
You could at least give it the courtesy of watching the first episode before judging it.

You could at least give it the courtesy of watching the first episode before judging it.
Of course I will watch it, don't be silly.
It's just that the original Foundation contains very close to zero lines of action sequence material which the trailer instead is full of; the central principle for success during the first century of Foundation was "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent". I would literally never guess that the trailer is for Foundation, were the title and Seldon's name not given in it.

Last edited:
Yeah but in the 21st century, you're not going to have some big sprawling epic tale without action of some kind.

And with a huge budget, they can fill a lot of minutes with SFX and that means battles.

I have very little recollection of the books since I read it as a kid. If they did a show mainly about diplomatic and political intrigue, it probably wouldn't find much of an audience.

When the competition is putting out things like GoT (or the spinoff which is coming) or multiple shows based on the Marvel and Star Wars universe, not to mention all the Star Trek shows, there is no way they're not going to try to copy some of that formula with big SFX set pieces.

battles in the foundation books are often just referenced but theres no reason they cant be shown explicitly in the show

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it. My recollection of reading Foundation is a bit like that of reading Dune. First two or three books, being the initially intended whole arc, worked quite well. After that a whole pile of ... mum needs a new swimming pool happened.

That movies / TV series of both are coming out this year and with seemingly appropriate budgets is very interesting. Obviously the purists are going to hate, but that's what they do, it's what gives them life. For the rest of us a bit of non-DCU/Marvel is quite refreshing.

Back