The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Mule was already mentioned...

Admittedly my memory of the books is hazy, but thought that character didn't appear until well into the establishment of The Foundation.

Might watch this when there's a review of a few more episodes. It sound like they've filed in for the books' lack of characterisation with dull and clichéd characterisation. :???:

Last edited:
I just finished "Invincible" and I can't wait for the second season. I know it will be released sometime in 2022, but my heart is on fire!:runaway::runaway:
Does anyone know a site where you can pay to read this comic series? I'd like to find the original plot and character roster to be more cultured about it.

You can buy the digital version of the comic on Amazon for Kindle. Looks like Kindle Unlimited subscription service has some of the comics in it.

You can also read the comics with a subscription to ComiXology (an Amazon company). Invincible Digital Comics - Comics by comiXology I think this one has all of the comics. Everything up to #53 is included, I have no idea if there are more comics than that).

Regards,
SB

I had to recover for a while after watching ep2 of Foundation. Goyer can't seem to keep his drama thirst in check, I just sat dumbfounded afterwards.

One additional rant, and this is a fundamental one:
Hasty revelation of Demerzel's robotic nature is understandable, there is no good way to save it for later time. But the laws of robotics are completely abandoned. There is no way Asimov could have written Demerzel happily witnessing the executions and annihilation of two worlds in a position of power to prevent it. It just is not possible. So, Asimov can be considered kicked out of the story by now.

First 3 episodes of Foundations. It's OK I guess. They have changed plenty of things (basically most of the main characters have being replaced by females and they have diversified the people and I absolutely have no problems with it). But it clearly won't be an adaptation as well done as The lord of the ring movies. Better not expect anything as good as the books and I also think they made a very big mistake with some modifications of the original story.

They give too much information (notably in the third episode) about a very important character. Even without knowing the books what they showed will tell most people who is really leading the whole thing behind the scenes, which I think is a big mistake. It's too soon, they should have cleverly hidden this character, show her briefly only in some episodes etc. They give way too much and we already see more of her than the emperors

I have written enough about the saddening story handling of Foundation already, but anyway... It is unbelievable the writers seemingly haven't even consulted anyone with any science or engineering knowhow. The scale of everything is a mess. Like, we gotta travel 50000 ly without a jump drive. Luckily our thrusters appear to be pretty amazing as the ETA is just a couple of decades... And wow, look at that planet in the neighbouring star system, the gardens, oceans and whatever seem awesome through this little telescope! But wait a minute, what the hell is that up in the sky visible to my naked eye? Darn, it is a hostile starship from another neighboring star system. Luckily they are still 48 hours away until they get here.

Seriously. Asimov was an actual scientist himself, these writers seem totally uneducated instead.

I have written enough about the saddening story handling of Foundation already, but anyway... It is unbelievable the writers seemingly haven't even consulted anyone with any science or engineering knowhow. The scale of everything is a mess. Like, we gotta travel 50000 ly without a jump drive. Luckily our thrusters appear to be pretty amazing as the ETA is just a couple of decades... And wow, look at that planet in the neighbouring star system, the gardens, oceans and whatever seem awesome through this little telescope! But wait a minute, what the hell is that up in the sky visible to my naked eye? Darn, it is a hostile starship from another neighboring star system. Luckily they are still 48 hours away until they get here.

Seriously. Asimov was an actual scientist himself, these writers seem totally uneducated instead.

Glad I'm not watching it. That all sounds like it'd grind my gears.

Jesus, sounds like Star Wars science level. Guess they want the really wide appeal.

I refuse! Foundation is a proper sci-fi book and when I get round to watching it I'm going grumble all the way through. :D

One thing I'm hearing is more about how the show diverges from the books.

Not much about the characters or the acting.

That would not be a good sign for how popular this should could be. They have to appeal to a lot of viewers who've not read the book, as was the case with GoT, which of course had reach that extended well beyond the fans of the book.

One thing I'm hearing is more about how the show diverges from the books.

Not much about the characters or the acting.

That would not be a good sign for how popular this should could be. They have to appeal to a lot of viewers who've not read the book, as was the case with GoT, which of course had reach that extended well beyond the fans of the book.

Until people started off screen teleporting in later GoT, it saved the physics breaking stuff for low key magic, dragons and an implausible amount of nakedness.

For Foundation, bad scale will rob the show of verisimilitude, whether the audience register it consciously or not.

Heh, yeah, who in their right minds would declare the show to be "GoT of SF" before release? They obviously have not read Foundation at all, otherwise they would know that psychohistoric predictions collapse if the population is aware of the predicted outcome. A bit like Heisenberg's principle.

Goyer's talks about how this is going to be 8 seasons is just bs. He went for GoT season 8 levels right from the beginning...

Midnight mass on netflix, pretty damn good, slow burner, not quite sure what is happening on the island of 130 residents, that has a slow reveal. but can get quite dramatic. All the actors are new faces to me, and yet some hold sustained long sections of dialogue, almost soliloques (sp?) very well indeed. 7 1hr episodes.

Its a very decent watch.

I just watched The Orville and it took until season 2 e11 before an actually really good episode showed up. It was amusing to that point mind you but really nothing that stands out. But that episode was very nice.

Second season signed for the... Ugh, I'm going call it "F-word" from now on, otherwise it feels too wrong.

"David Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ has surpassed all my expectations by bringing my father’s philosophy and ideas to the screen in ways he could never do while staying true to his work,” adds Robyn Asimov, who serves as an executive producer on the series.

True to his work, pffft...

Second season signed for the... Ugh, I'm going call it "F-word" from now on, otherwise it feels too wrong.

"David Goyer’s ‘Foundation’ has surpassed all my expectations by bringing my father’s philosophy and ideas to the screen in ways he could never do while staying true to his work,” adds Robyn Asimov, who serves as an executive producer on the series.

True to his work, pffft...

Well, at least the quote was correct in that it was brought to video in a way Isaac Asimov "never could do". :p And I dare say "never would do" if he were still alive. Or "never would allow to be done". :p

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Back