The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that IGn shit earlier in the day.. I am a member since I don't know when, but it doesn't let me log in today :devilish: !
Says, incorrect password and If I try thr "forgot password" option , it says no password for this user or email.
I said, Heck ! I'll make a new account, but then it says that this user already exists !!!! :devilish:
WTF, it won't let me login at all !

I am tired of running for keys, if Sony does a demo as rumoured, then fine, otherwise I quit ! :devilish:

I like how the keys run out, but if you pay for a subscribtion you can still get one.. fuck that

There's so many for non paying members and some for paying members...I guess if they didn't hold some back for paying folk then they'd have a lot of pi$$ed customers...I guess at least there's some for folk like me!

There will be more over the w/e so keep checking :)

I registered on so many sites this week just to get a beta key, but none of it worked. I tried 1up, IGN, IGN uk, Eurogamer, some spanish site, Insidegame, Gamepro, Gametrailers, Xplay, Playstation blog, and the official LBP site twice. All that took me most of my evenings this week. And there could still be beta key hand out's on overloaded crashing sites. Media Molecule has chosen the worst way possible to do this.

I'd like to know when us Qore buyers will get access to the promised beta downloads for this game and Resistance 2. I keep checking but my download keeps saying unavailable at this moment.

I registered on so many sites this week just to get a beta key, but none of it worked. I tried 1up, IGN, IGN uk, Eurogamer, some spanish site, Insidegame, Gamepro, Gametrailers, Xplay, Playstation blog, and the official LBP site twice. All that took me most of my evenings this week. And there could still be beta key hand out's on overloaded crashing sites. Media Molecule has chosen the worst way possible to do this.
More likely it's Sony's choosing than Media Molecules'. But still, what are the alternatives? Random selection from a list wouldn't have weighted in favour of the bigger fans. This way has diversified the options by giving the media sites the choice of how to distribute their allotment of keys, so some folk who have been avid fans have had a better chance than total strangers, and the beta testers are almost certain to be people enthusaistic to try the game instead of random people who wouldn't give it a look. Sure, some people are going to miss out, but that'd be true of any limited beta. It also generates a lot of traffic for the media sites which benefits their exposure...when they're not crashed out!

The only real problem here is people who aren't 'affiliated' with a media site chasing keys all over the internet. I don't visit IGN, GamePro or any other place other than Eurogamer. When Eurogamers' keys had all gone that, I saw that as my chance missed. The cost in time and effort to go chasing keys wasn't worth it IMO, because the expenditure is only a chance to win, with a considerable chance to lose and waste all that effort. In your case, you felt the effort was worth it, either because your expected your chances of success to be high, or you hadn't considered how much you were investing versus the real chances of getting a key, which look to be low single percentage figures by my reckoning.

There's so many for non paying members and some for paying members...I guess if they didn't hold some back for paying folk then they'd have a lot of pi$$ed customers...I guess at least there's some for folk like me!

There will be more over the w/e so keep checking :)

I understand the reasons perfectly and it´s not like i dont agree with them, but many pay sites do exactly as i experienced it on IGN. After my registration they tell it´s run out, not before.

Shifty, you didn´t get a key yet? I think you would get more from it than i :)

Shifty, you didn´t get a key yet? I think you would get more from it than i :)
No time to play. Or rather, I would spend time playing and not do everything else I'm suposed to do! In fact looking at my schedule and the slow rate I'm working through things, I don't think I should spend much time on LBP after its release. :( But I am allowing myself this weekend to design a level on paper for the Eurogamer comp'.

I do believe it was worth my time chasing those beta keys, even though I didn't get one, well not yet at least. But leaving it up to those websites on how to hand them out was a idea. They start unannounced, and you'll have to do all sorts of things to get them. Gamepro did it the best way. Anyone could enter before a specific date, and luck will ultimately decide the winners. That's how it should be done from the start.

And if they really wanted this to be in the hands of the bigger fans they could compare PSN activity, and hand them out like the european Motorstorm 2 demo.

And if they really wanted this to be in the hands of the bigger fans they could compare PSN activity, and hand them out like the european Motorstorm 2 demo.
Heavy use of PSN doesn't equate to keen interest in LBP. I hardly use PSN save for Warhawk once a week if I'm lucky...

Sony's distribution of keys covered all sorts, like 2Old2Play and a Sydney newspaper, seemingly leaving them to decide how to hand them out. Some had competitions. Some had free-for-alls. It's their call AFAICS, not Sony's, how they distributed the keys to their visitors, and the different ways favoured different people in different ways. I can understand the lack of prior announcement by some websites as a way to avoid being utterly hammered. Can you imagine how many people would pester Eurogamer on beta-release day if there was a week's warning drumming up interest!

At the end of the day, it wasn't ideally fair, but then little in life if ever is. Whatever system was employed, we wouldn't have had the most avid, interested, creative people getting onto the Beta first, and indeed Sony wouldn't want that either as the community will be made up of all sorts! The only thing we can be certain of is people on the Beta wanted to get on the Beta, and the media coverage has been pretty successful as a result. Releasing less 'stuff' into the world than there is demand always will leave some people disappointed.

Heavy use of PSN doesn't equate to keen interest in LBP. I hardly use PSN save for Warhawk once a week if I'm lucky...

They could have you sign up on the LBP website first, and then look at PSN activity.

But your right that there probably isn't a way to hand these out that's a 100% fair. In any case it's not to long from the release date now, and there is talk of a demo for everyone a week before the release date. So get my hands on it eventualy, and see what the people in my friendslist have made so far.

Some playing tips -

Switching on extra controllers lets you add other sackboys/sackgirls. You can have guests or ones from other profiles on the PS3.

When you want to 'leave' the game you simply switch off your controller and the next time you enter or leave a level that SB will not 'follow'.

Also at the moment LBP seems to think that extra plugged accessories are other players - so for example, I have 2 guitars plugged in all the time - but this screws up the game and I haven't worked out a work-around other than to unplug them.

No time to play. Or rather, I would spend time playing and not do everything else I'm suposed to do! In fact looking at my schedule and the slow rate I'm working through things, I don't think I should spend much time on LBP after its release. :( But I am allowing myself this weekend to design a level on paper for the Eurogamer comp'.

What Eurogamer comp?

This one ? http://www.eurogamer.net/lbp.php

I think Arwin and you should participate too.

EDIT:
patsu said:
I noticed that the sophistication of LBP levels have increased this week. Too bad I have no time to play yet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13083097&postcount=4619
yadngwuht2evpkk4uxm6.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13083264&postcount=4625
LBP002.jpg

I don't easily don't get impressed fast but this game has really blown me away. It has been years since I did have so much fun with a game.

At 7am this morning (after a long night of playing ) I was again building contraptions in the editor. For some reason I have the same level of fun building things, then playing levels :D

But are there different builds with different building blocks ? I read here that there are XOR, AND , NOT switches but I can't find it back in the toolbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back