The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The XOR, OR and AND switches can be found in one of the Neogaf created levels (something like GAF Tech Test). They were designed by someone on Gaf, using existing tools in the beta.

The Eurogamer competition is only for residents of the UK unfortunately.

Oh man, this is moving too fast for me to keep up (slider's first level is still a work in progress!). The pics patsu posted show a marked improvement (visually) to stuff I'd seen before.

This enthusiasm is crucial to LBP. Keep up the good work everyone.

Also at the moment LBP seems to think that extra plugged accessories are other players - so for example, I have 2 guitars plugged in all the time - but this screws up the game and I haven't worked out a work-around other than to unplug them.

SingStar mics seem okay. I heard the Buzz! wireless adaptor will confuse LBP when active.

Not any more. Friend called me about an hour ago. I just tried, after umming and erring, but I really need ot know that this plank idea of mine is gonna work and wanted to try it out, and they're all used up.

BTW : Is there any support for multiple languages in user created levels? A story based level or important hints will need to be available in multiple languages if people aren't to be excluded. The official LittleBIGStory manages it, so it should be possible somehow if they are following their own rules.

Not any more. Friend called me about an hour ago. I just tried, after umming and erring, but I really need ot know that this plank idea of mine is gonna work and wanted to try it out, and they're all used up.

You can ask me in PM if you want met to test it for you.

BTW : Is there any support for multiple languages in user created levels? A story based level or important hints will need to be available in multiple languages if people aren't to be excluded. The official LittleBIGStory manages it, so it should be possible somehow if they are following their own rules.

Haven't looked into it yet.

I did publish a new level though, I"ll try to make a little video of it soon. It's an early version and a quick rendition of an idea I came up with and is a little low on actual gameplay ideas, but it works, it's a full level, and I managed to turn it into a level pretty quickly too (4-5 hours).

EDIT: here are some shots and the video -

lbp_colored_blocks_1.jpg

lbp_colored_blocks_2.jpg

Oh, and I really need to recommend World of Colour. It's an awesome level, that looks really great, and has some really good gameplay ideas using some really, really clever switch mechanisms.

Bu.. bu... Ohmu and Ohma don't have strings. I don't want them to become Psycho Mantis or the 4th Beauty in MGS4.

Oh oh! Ya Hide the Strings ! There must be an option to hide the strings !
Send mails to MM, Ohmus need to have no compromises ;) !
BTW, how is the concept coming along? and, I heard all tools are not available in the beta, what has been held back? Is it something very important? coz,already the levels are coming out pretty well, with the tools lacking and all.

I registered on so many sites this week just to get a beta key, but none of it worked. I tried 1up, IGN, IGN uk, Eurogamer, some spanish site, Insidegame, Gamepro, Gametrailers, Xplay, Playstation blog, and the official LBP site twice. All that took me most of my evenings this week. And there could still be beta key hand out's on overloaded crashing sites. Media Molecule has chosen the worst way possible to do this.

(hope this hasn't been answered yet - haven't read the full thread yet)

...The keys that were given out this weekend only work on a EU PSN account. I first tried to use the voucher code on my US-PSN account and it didn't work. I had to use my EU account to download it. I suspect this was why the codes didn't work for you.

Cheers Phil

That's not what he means though. He just means that he hasn't been able to get a key in the first place, i.e. his attempts at getting a key didn't work.

Am I the only person that this 'freezes' on? I hope it's beta related...cetainly no other games suffer.

Also, I found the camera options a little limited - I would have preferred it be able to zoom out a little more.

Finally, I made my first item! A very basic volcano that spews firey rocks and orbs...I'm well chuffed! :D

Hey deepbrown and Jayden, thanks for making me LOL so many times tonight. Sorry for messing up the last level. I really look forward to the final, lag-free game. The lag is killing me.... and my stupidity too ^_^

Am I the only person that this 'freezes' on? I hope it's beta related...cetainly no other games suffer.

Yeah, LBP beta freezes sometimes. It ended my playtime with deepbrown and Jayden tonight (2:15 am now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back