The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey deepbrown and Jayden, thanks for making me LOL so many times tonight. Sorry for messing up the last level. I really look forward to the final, lag-free game. The lag is killing me.... and my stupidity too ^_^

Yeah, LBP beta freezes sometimes. It ended my playtime with deepbrown and Jayden tonight (2:15 am now)

Thanks - I feel much better now!

Oh, agree about the online aspect...it's sooo much fun and there's so many LOL moments! :D

Anyone, please feel free to add me - goonergaz is my PSN username :)

At this point I think it's important to point out that lag happens particularly and somewhat predictably when people are from different regions. ;) I very rarely have lag in fact.

I agree - I just started playing around in LBP this weekend (sorry didn't want to bother you Arwin, was just testing the online features and you were the only one online and playing ;)) and didn't notice much lag either. I'm pretty sure I only played with people out of europe and therefore within the region.

I agree - I just started playing around in LBP this weekend (sorry didn't want to bother you Arwin, was just testing the online features and you were the only one online and playing ;)) and didn't notice much lag either. I'm pretty sure I only played with people out of europe and therefore within the region.

Don't worry! If I refuse people, it's only because I'm playing around in the editor ... yesterday I was working on the level above. ;)

I'm happy I'm in the beta because I won't be able to play for a few weeks a week after the final game has been released - that really bothered me, so this has been a god-send. But otherwise, I think just waiting a few more weeks and getting the full, polished game with all the objects levels and everything is probably even better than getting in the beta.

World of Color is AWESOME.

The huge drawback, for me, in creating and playing levels, is that I'll take a break when creating, and then play something that someone else made, get inspired, and start on something completely new, lol. But it's so fun I don't mind at all!

It appears no-one's recommended game-sharing the Beta. Well it works - I've got LBP running now. My friend got the Beta yesterday, and as I have his account details on my PS3, I logged in as him and the Beta appeared in the PSN Store Downloads section. Downloaded and installed under my account, and it's just started. So if you don't mind, I'm gonna have a look...

It appears no-one's recommended game-sharing the Beta. Well it works - I've got LBP running now. My friend got the Beta yesterday, and as I have his account details on my PS3, I logged in as him and the Beta appeared in the PSN Store Downloads section. Downloaded and installed under my account, and it's just started. So if you don't mind, I'm gonna have a look...

Wow. I just assumed it wouldn't work. That's good to know. Did I say I hated you beta testers? Nah, you misunderstood! :D

Yes, I shared mine with another GAFfers because the begging was SO bad the first night. You do get locked out (for 24 hours ?) when he played. But all is good. He has his own code now.

I changed my email login to patsu@gaf.com (fake) before sharing with him.

At this point I think it's important to point out that lag happens particularly and somewhat predictably when people are from different regions. ;) I very rarely have lag in fact.

That's right ! Only experienced serious lag for players from another continent. Playing with US folks is mostly ok (with very minor lag, sometimes noticeable but not game killing). In any case, they have revamped the network code. So we should be fine for the final game.

World of Color is AWESOME.

The "Portal" level is equally awesome. It's a co-op level though, so bring some friends !

One thing I miss in the editor is (electrical) magnets. Anybody know if there will be more building blocks (like magnets :D for example) in the full version ?

Yes, I shared mine with another GAFfers because the begging was SO bad the first night. You do get locked out (for 24 hours ?) when he played. But all is good. He has his own code now.
That doesn't appear to be the case. I just logged on with my friend's account and he could play LBP just fine. How would it know? Unless the download is personalised for user account, there's no way the beta could know who's copy I'm running.

It has to be said, this is the best lit game ever. Even a simple coloured blocks level looks fabulous because of the GI/AO quality illumination. The platforming takes a bit of getting used to as SB really can't jump high onto objects, which is good as it lends more to puzzling. The intro period is a bit long, some 2 hours before you can really paste any objects together, and then zillions of object tutes to do before you can use a tool. So I've only had a cursory glance before being whisked away to Deepbrown's technical extravaganza.

BTW Deep : I looked up typing a message but it was too much trouble! The voice chat appeared to work, unless that other player was psychic or by coincidence his phone was going too! I couldn't see any lipsync on me though. When I first started the game, my Sackboy was talking with Stephen Fry's voice, as the camera was picking up the TV audio and SB sync'd to it!

The important discovery was grabbing works at all heights. As long as there's something to grab nearby, even another player!, SB will grab.

That doesn't appear to be the case. I just logged on with my friend's account and he could play LBP just fine. How would it know? Unless the download is personalised for user account, there's no way the beta could know who's copy I'm running.

It has to be said, this is the best lit game ever. Even a simple coloured blocks level looks fabulous because of the GI/AO quality illumination. The platforming takes a bit of getting used to as SB really can't jump high onto objects, which is good as it lends more to puzzling. The intro period is a bit long, some 2 hours before you can really paste any objects together, and then zillions of object tutes to do before you can use a tool. So I've only had a cursory glance before being whisked away to Deepbrown's technical extravaganza.

BTW Deep : I looked up typing a message but it was too much trouble! The voice chat appeared to work, unless that other player was psychic or by coincidence his phone was going too! I couldn't see any lipsync on me though. When I first started the game, my Sackboy was talking with Stephen Fry's voice, as the camera was picking up the TV audio and SB sync'd to it!

The important discovery was grabbing works at all heights. As long as there's something to grab nearby, even another player!, SB will grab.

Yes i could hear you. He would move his mouth if you had the courage to speak :D

But yes, anyway - I was just showing you my dynamic lights. You can change their colour, how bright, whether foggy or clear...and put them wherever you like! I'm sure people were asking for this...

General LBP question: Are the sackpersons capable of shooting projectiles?

No, sackperson's can only grab objects and not hold any objects such as a rocket launcher. Someone could create a mechanism in which the sackperson holds and another object launches projectiles. That is the only way I see it being done.

Okay, it appears matey can't use LBP any more. It must lock to PS3 console somehow.

My experience was short-lived, but I learnt a lot. And a feature that this game NEEDS is scanning a design by camera to create an object. The drawing tools are pretty manky. Movement of a block is locked to its X and Y vectors. Actually drawing an outline is flippin' tricky! The technology exists to draw an outline, scan it in, and create a profile. This is essential for opening up the game to more creators. I can't see the average 7 year old wanting to draw their pet dog getting very far without such tech, but with it, it'll be usable by everyone no matter what their artistic ability, and a darned sight faster for everyone to boot.

No, sackperson's can only grab objects and not hold any objects such as a rocket launcher. Someone could create a mechanism in which the sackperson holds and another object launches projectiles. That is the only way I see it being done.

You can make a rocket launcher and have it fire fire balls when he holds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back