The LittleBigPlanet pre-release Saga

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manual describes some content I've not noticed before, like string and elastic. But no word at all on explosions, or what Alex's secret announcement, which hasn't happened.

The manual describes some content I've not noticed before, like string and elastic. But no word at all on explosions, or what Alex's secret announcement, which hasn't happened.

there are really lot of element not present in manual (because there are lot of ingame tutorial video, manual is just a short presentation ), string and elastic are not new (there are nothing new in the manual), explosive box and mine are always present in all last build menu, don't panic
only one element have disapeared, it's the freeze function

Heh heh, they could go all the way and give even more Tim Burton and Johnny Depp vibe ^_^
That would be awesome, though more adult theme.

Part one of an interview on gamesindustry.biz ... pretty good. Biggest news from it I think is that there are two paths you can play - the create path, and the share path. Both lead to opening up the create bit fully, but the create path gets there faster and obviously all the levels are centered around learning to make stuff. Additionally, there are a lot of Stephen Fry narrated video tutorials filling up the double-layer bluray disc, as well as lots (as in thousands) of textures and objects and such. These aren't just regular bitmap textures, but they include specular/bump-mapped stuff, some individual textures having had the designers work on it for a whole week.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/littlebigambition-part-one

With the "SackBoys in the Wild" trailer I'm just now noticing the day/night cycles. Is that user (creator) controllable? I don't recall taking note of that in any previous trailer. You can see what I'm referring to specifically starting at 2:12.

Ah, good point. And I think that has been mentioned before.
Yes, there's supposedly full time-of-day selection for the scenery/ambient lighting. I don't know if that parameters can be connected to an in-game component, but I wouldn't have thought so as it'd need a Time-of-Day object. My guess is it's a bit of artistic license with the engine.

The interview is interesting for a couple of points. 1) Lots of BRD content, "40 Gigs worth" (though Alex doesn't know a BRD is 25 gigs per layer). 2) The E3 presentation went wrong and explosive barrels rolled off the screen and randomly blew up the scenery! When Sackboy jumps on the button that made the wall disappear, there was supposed to be a large '$50 Billion' sign, but it had been blown to smithereens, and as Sackboy wanders toward the list of new budget re-releases, you can see scorch marks all over the wall!

LBP3.jpg

...and control the fog

It was awesome, but the funny thing was - if you go back and watch the shaky-cam footage on YouTube, there's this bit where we were meant to reveal this big number, like USD 50 billion of PlayStation revenue or something, and there was this big brick wall in front of it that was meant to be blown away... but because the game had been sitting there for two hours, or whatever, the explosives had rolled down a hill and detonated in a later section of the level.

So when I got to that bit, not only had the USD 50 billion been blown away - so that was a bit of an anti-climax, although nobody noticed apart from me - I was absolutely white with fear, because I knew a bunch of bombs had just rolled down to the next bit of the demo, which was all of the game titles popping up.

So I had no idea, as I went down the hill, if Resistance would pop up with a chunk out of it. Luckily, if you look at it, there's just all this blast damage all over that section, and charred stuff lying around. That was a dark moment. Apparently the whole team was watching on the live feed and screaming "Alex! You've f*cked the level!" But it wasn't me, the bombs just blew up while I was on-stage...

That's amazing ! Teach developers a lesson for placing explosive barrels in game. :p

If they add autonomy (AI) to SackBoy, the level may either flourish with creations, or bombed out of existence. The LBP concept is incredibly expansive. Given all these possibilities, Media Molecule must be having a hard time trying to focus on the immediate tasks.

i don't think, it's like background, you choose only when you create the level

But still I am very impressed that they have even this option ! I thought the BGs were fixed but now we'll see variations in levels even if they use the same BG.

Is there anything MM didn't put in the game :D ! They really want to make it the perfect game ! I am really impressed :cool: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back