The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

I can't see anyway for this game to make money for Sony, there is no way this game sells more than 3million copies and I bet they need 5million+ to break even.

I doubt it was a huge money sink. Didn't the team basically disbanded to work on other projects? And isn't it a relatively small team as well?

Shuhei Yoshida already said the cost of development of The Last Guardian is not very high much less people than on Horizon or UC4 and salary aren't as high in Japan than in US for videogame development...

Last edited:
Ico came out in 2001. So a couple of years before that to develop?

That means between Ico and this game, it's almost 20 years. That's a career for some of these developers and designers.

Swan song for Team Ico?

Game looked lovely way back when. Game still looks just as lovely now as far as I'm concerned. Being the one thing to stand out from the pack does have its perks. I'm really looking forward to a Christmas season entirely dominated by Japanese games for a change. If only they were spaced out more sensibly. FFXV, Gravity Rush 2 and TLG are all being released within a single week. If everything goes according to plan that is.

Let's face it, this will not sell well - it looks like anyone who liked Ico/SotC will like this. They will adapt to the controls and enjoy it for the journey and experience it will be, let's face it, the other games had control and camera issues so it's nothing new to them.

Frankly I'm shocked that there's a special edition - I (of course) have it on pre-order, but I'll be surprised if they don't end up litterally giving those away which is a real shame.

I too don't think it's going to sell to well, even if I believe that it's probably going to sell way more than both Ico and SotC sold back on PS2, due to the increased notoriety of Team ICO.
I think that the special edition was pretty much a given and, contrarialy to you, I think it's going to easely sell out, unless Sony has greatly overestimated the demand.Team ICO have a dedicated if small fanbase and a new game from them is some kind of an event, so I don't doubt that the CE is going to find who will appreciate it

I too don't think it's going to sell to well, even if I believe that it's probably going to sell way more than both Ico and SotC sold back on PS2, due to the increased notoriety of Team ICO.
I think that the special edition was pretty much a given and, contrarialy to you, I think it's going to easely sell out, unless Sony has greatly overestimated the demand.Team ICO have a dedicated if small fanbase and a new game from them is some kind of an event, so I don't doubt that the CE is going to find who will appreciate it

I don't know, it's been on pre-order for months now and not sold out yet - and all the 'fans' will already have the pre-orders in place. I hope it does sell well but the delay will likely mean even more time to make more LEs

I felt the atmosphere and lighting looks much better all around. It lost some of that last-genish muddiness and bleakness.

It actually looks cut rather than shorter so may be a story element (perhaps contrived for gameplay as the tail was an obvious solution to many puzzles?).

PETA will never not be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

60017140.jpg

Back