The Last Guardian (Trico, Ico 3, Shadow of the Colossus sequel, etc.) [PS4]

You can get exclusives from 3rd parties though. The costs of operating studios isn't insubstantial, and Sony have seen fit to close studios that haven't made lots of money rather than direct them to 'prestige' generating titles.

It would be great if the pet AI is really unique, such that it is impossible to proceed at one point in the game, if you do not manage to build a strong relationship!

Even better, if this then dynamically would lead to an end of the story, such that it somehow feels complete and finished. However, it would have multiple endings and would also progress further, if the player manages to build up the relationship.

PS: I really hope they get a good AA method working. There is so much bad looking shimmering potential in this game...all fingers crossed they manage to get a descent IQ.

Also, this is going to be a huge financial flop for Sony.
Dev team was very small, and they did not work on this game all these years. Development was paused for a long time. I don't think it will be financial failure, but anyuhow, I think this game is now "point of pride" for Sony. They support artistic projects, and this is one with the biggest public support they have.

Dev team was very small, and they did not work on this game all these years. Development was paused for a long time. I don't think it will be financial failure, but anyuhow, I think this game is now "point of pride" for Sony. They support artistic projects, and this is one with the biggest public support they have.

Yah, gamers are weird. Not sure how anyone can hold onto love for a vaporware product for 8 years. Pure fanboyism, I guess.

Yah, gamers are weird. Not sure how anyone can hold onto love for a vaporware product for 8 years. Pure fanboyism, I guess.

I would never describe it just like that.

Ueda has so far created two games, but both were hailed as high examples of "videogames as art". In them he crafted more than just good gameplay, he created strong non-narrative connections between player and the world, player and the characters [both human and godlike], and incredible feeling of immersion. A rare examples of games that pushed the industry forward. He commands and deserves respect, and what he showed from The Last Guardians immediately showcased incredible promise.

Existence of TLG was original LEAKED in video form [pure tech video that was not running in realtime], with sparked an incredible online following. Team then created playable PS3 build [few journalists played it briefly], but it became apparent that original vision of the game cannot be run on CELL, 0.3TF GPU and two pools of 256MB ram. Now on PS4 we will get the game finally, and I can't freaking wait to play it.

You can get exclusives from 3rd parties though. The costs of operating studios isn't insubstantial, and Sony have seen fit to close studios that haven't made lots of money rather than direct them to 'prestige' generating titles.

Team ICO is not a studio, it is the team in SCE WWS Japan Studio lead by Fumito Ueda. You have no idea how many people worked on that game and who got assigned to other games while development was halted/slowed down.

Also, Ueda is not a Sony employee anymore, he is a consultant like Mark Cerny.

Team ICO is not a studio, it is the team in SCE WWS Japan Studio lead by Fumito Ueda. You have no idea how many people worked on that game and who got assigned to other games while development was halted/slowed down.

Also, Ueda is not a Sony employee anymore, he is a consultant like Mark Cerny.

Yeah. A lot of mis-information about the team in the last few pages. Its a well known that Ueda is particularly adamant about keeping his teams very small but having the best of the best talent.

Who knows if this game will be good or bad? Yeah, Its been in off and on development for a long long time but labeling people who really want to see this title in some form as fanboys is pretty silly. Fumito Ueda has 2 highly praised and beloved titles under his belt so people giving him the benefit of the doubt is understandable and not just some blind fanaticism.

Instant buy for me. :love: :love:
Went to GameStop during lunchtime to place a pre-order but they haven't got one setup yet. Slackers ~~~
I haven't stepped into a GameStop for 2 years already.

I suspect for this game the animation and atmosphere matter more.
I played Ico on a blurry, chunky screen but can still remember how the kid drag his stumbling girl friend around.

Who knows if this game will be good or bad? Yeah, Its been in off and on development for a long long time but labeling people who really want to see this title in some form as fanboys is pretty silly. George Broussard has a highly praised and beloved franchise under his belt so people giving him the benefit of the doubt is understandable and not just some blind fanaticism.

Yup, been there done that. But chances are this won't turn out as badly as Duke Nukem Forever. Hopefully. ;) Can also swap in Romero and Daikatana if you're more of a Doom guy.

Anyway, I'm expecting a good game with dated graphics. Can't wait to see it on Youtube.

Regards,
SB

Yup, been there done that. But chances are this won't turn out as badly as Duke Nukem Forever. Hopefully. ;) Can also swap in Romero and Daikatana if you're more of a Doom guy.

Anyway, I'm expecting a good game with dated graphics. Can't wait to see it on Youtube.

Regards,
SB

Duke Nukem Forever and Daikatana never looked any good to begin with, though. Not really sure about the sky-high expectations either. I think most people expect a sort of blend between Ico and Sotc, and from the looks of it that's exactly what they'll get. Team Ico has never pulled a Peter Molineux thus far.

Yeah. A lot of mis-information about the team in the last few pages. Its a well known that Ueda is particularly adamant about keeping his teams very small but having the best of the best talent.
Clearly not well enough because I didn't know about the flexible teams operating in Studio Japan until a comment on Eurogamer. ;)

Expectations where high for sotc as well.
Still one of my very favourite games, so glad we got the HD Collection with SOTC at 720p.

I think it is only 30 fps, but it also has 3D which is very cool, I had the chance to try it once it was quite nice :)

I've spent more time in SOTC just walking around and taking Agro here and there than most other games. A completely idle act since there is so little to do but catch lizards, but it's one of those games where doing nothing and just taking in the scenery is great :)

Clearly not well enough because I didn't know about the flexible teams operating in Studio Japan until a comment on Eurogamer. ;)

Well, they explained the story behind the development in fair enough detail once their last resurgence demo was out. The story is not as outrageous as most thought it to be (me included) the project was haulted very long ago, and pretty much as good as canceled to the eyes of most involved a few years after that. It was only when the internet went on fire with the news that Ueda had left sony that they realized how awaited that title was, they decided to give a second chance. They talked about actually going through some effort to get as many people from the original team back together, which indicates they were all doing other things at that point. Of course all that only got revealed once the development was back on track on ps4 and with an end in sight. No one wants to tell eager fans that the game they are waiting for is no more. So many prematurely announced games that end up being cancelled disapear quietly, and the Last Guardian almost was one of them.

Back