The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly scared to believe the reports. First, it sounds too good to be true. Second, I feel safer to wait for a day or two to see if SCEE, SCEA and SCEJ agree unanimously this time.

This GAF post has more details btw:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19158856&postcount=16410

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
- Night racing for all tracks

EDIT: I noticed that the rumored track editor/modifier is gone now ?

Well, at least ModNation Racer has a very unique feature now.

Some unofficial pricing info for Japan release (first print):
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/06/gt5_price/

Now a separate retailer has come through with the pricing info we've been waiting for. A listing at Gmstar has the game at ¥7,980 yen.

This is about the price one would expect of a major third party PS3 release. However, it's a bit on the high side for a first party release. Sony usually charges ¥5,980 for its games -- even big titles like Uncharted. There have been some exceptions, however, including White Knight Chronicles, which was released at ¥6,980.

As with yesterday's listing, the Gmstar listing is actually for a "first print" version of the game. This is usually an indication of some bonus goodies for initial buyers.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6594220/t...demo-edition-more-cars-more-tracks/index.html

On an equally enticing note, around the corner from the regular GT5 demo displays was a single screen with four pairs of what appeared to be wraparound sunglasses. As stylish as they were, we soon surmised they were 3D glasses setup for a prototype 3D GT5 edition -- don't worry, there were other colors besides hot pink. Like the popular Avatar flick and other movies as of late, 3D is on track to be the next phase in video gaming. Sound good to us.

Oh my God. These are the sweetest sounds I have ever heard from a racing game.

They sound so realistic. The roars sound very genuine. Very reminiscent of the roars I have heard in actual WRC events and one F1 event (during the Porsche championship) I have had the pleasure to attend to.

Oh my God. These are the sweetest sounds I have ever heard from a racing game.

They sound so realistic. The roars sound very genuine. Very reminiscent of the roars I have heard in actual WRC events and one F1 event (during the Porsche championship) I have had the pleasure to attend to.

I hope they do sound like that. I`m gonna sit on the fence until we (if ever) get better quality vids.

GT5 3D demo impression:
http://kotaku.com/5444025/playing-gran-turismo-5-at-ces-in-3d

In a nutshell...
It was impressive. But it was also a little bit disorienting.

I read the latest PS Official Magazine, the one featuring GT5, on the plane. It does mention the highlights posted above:

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
- Night racing for all tracks

No sign of custom track editor. And no mention of the cool Stelvio alpine-pass track. :devilish:

I hope they do sound like that. I`m gonna sit on the fence until we (if ever) get better quality vids.
I agree, when you listen through all the clipping it doesnt sound too different compared to the Academy demo, just with more powerful cars. I wish PD could get the sound as perfect as the graphics, its the only disturbing thing while driving.

Shock horror, the Indy track looks exactly the same as the academy demo!
yeah such a shock it still looks like a very accurate representation of the track and surroundings. Why no fantasy big wheel and dancing girls in the stands.

Arstechnica's impression of 3D GT5 demo:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/01/ps3-gran-turismo-5-in-3d-an-unconcinving-demo.ars

After putting on the glasses and playing a good session, it's unclear if the 3D effect adds anything of real worth to the experience. The game looks great, and it plays just as well as you could imagine—this is Gran Turismo 5, after all—but after a few minutes I was ready to take the glasses off and play the game using the standard graphics on a normal television.

Seeing both your arms and the dashboard in front of you while the track races by in 3D is definitely cool, but the graphics were dimmer than you're used to from a standard set, and wearing the glasses on top of my normal glasses wasn't exactly an optimal experience.

Now I see why Sony is careful to highlight "This is only a tech demo".
A good effort nonetheless.

I'd have thought driving a best-case example of 3D's worth, as grey walls contrasting with grey tarmac can make for hard to see corners, whcih depth would solve. though regards the dimmness and difficulty, I was like that with Avatar, and I think I'll prefer the 2D version on a bright TV.

"2D cardboard cutout trees."

Not only GT has such things..............Would you prefer PD allocate their resources to achieve more realistic looking trees?

"2D cardboard cutout trees."

Not only GT has such things..............Would you prefer PD allocate their resources to achieve more realistic looking trees?
No kidding. I'm perfectly happy the way it is. Personally, I think they used their resources wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back