The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow if u want proof that racing games arent big in the US, then that leader board is it.
(OTOH I suppose US drivers could just suck ;) )
The American idea of motorsports is driving a million laps around an oval circuit. Putting in a few of their annoying corner things is bound to slow them down a bit. :p

I also guess the Stig was banned from entering to keep it fair for the rest of the world.

How will they select the candidates ? and how many will they pick for the racing training ?

the holders of the twenty fastest online lap times from each participating country will qualify for their national final event. Tensions will run high as they battle each other on another exclusive Gran Turismo 5 level for the chance to move to the next phase of the competition.

twenty finalists, chosen from each of the national finals events, will head to the world famous Silverstone circuit for the GT Academy itself - a five-day, comprehensive race driver ‘boot camp’. They will have a chance to develop new driving skills in an array of Nissan, and other, hardware, while also being judged on fitness and mental attitude.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=229407288503

The American idea of motorsports is driving a million laps around an oval circuit. Putting in a few of their annoying corner things is bound to slow them down a bit. :p

I also guess the Stig was banned from entering to keep it fair for the rest of the world.

People who already have a racing licence are excluded from this competition for obvious reasons. Somehow I reckon that the Stig also has a racing licence. ;) Great job on making the global 500 best novce ... !

the holders of the twenty fastest online lap times from each participating country will qualify for their national final event. Tensions will run high as they battle each other on another exclusive Gran Turismo 5 level for the chance to move to the next phase of the competition.

twenty finalists, chosen from each of the national finals events, will head to the world famous Silverstone circuit for the GT Academy itself - a five-day, comprehensive race driver ‘boot camp’. They will have a chance to develop new driving skills in an array of Nissan, and other, hardware, while also being judged on fitness and mental attitude.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=229407288503

I bet they are going to hold the final round in the Coliseum. The losers will get their heads pulled off.

In any video I have seen him playing the game he always uses the dpad, not even the analogue sticks, he's on record somewhere that he prefers it.

He is bound to have a wheel, but I doubt he used it to set his time.

A different track but he does very good with a wheel.

skip to 1:30

It took me two hours to get my Tuned time to a 1'37.4 ... :s It's hard work, and a lot of learning to do for me before I'll be able to hit a 1'36.x - probably two more 2 hours sessions :D Well, we'll see. May have to return to the Stock car now as now this is comparatively a weaker time for me ... But at least I beat Kaz' Tuned time now also.

I noticed by the way that after an hour or so driving suddenly my braking started having some kind of delay. Unplugging the brake pedal and plugging it back in resolved this.

Woohoo I just did a 1:31:017 in the tuned car.....................No really!! i did!! Honest!

Make that a 1:38.158 and 1:52.280 normal. Im pleased with them times, but more imortantly im "driving" consistently in these times, lap after lap, which i hope puts me in good stead for the online races onces GT5 lands. Yes Arwin, i hate you!!! I got your pool request but i wasn`t around sorry. But what a fabulous little game. I love the smooth nature of the gfx, especially the background that wouldn`t look out of place in Mirrors Edge!

Kazunori's AGS 2009 presentation slides:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19027883&postcount=16196

4212962396_3e7be798b4.jpg

4212962482_fd04efdb5c.jpg

For me, the most eye-catching item in the presentation is the cover slide. Kazunori is still working on Christmas day, giving presentation to the [strike]crowd[/strike] mob.

4212962254_7f95909bac.jpg

He lives for this sh*t too. :mad:

EDIT: Where in hell is AGS2009 ? Far away from KY's home I guess ?

Seems to be Hong Kong. Hopefully, his family is with him to cheer him up.

For me, the most eye-catching item in the presentation is the cover slide. Kazunori is still working on Christmas day, giving presentation to the crowd.

He lives for this sh*t too. :mad:

so true.
They could release a GT every year if they (he) wanted to. Look at the content that a NFS or Drift or whatever has. Still sucks that we have to wait though, even if it really is THE racing game of a generation..

Well... according to him, it's a rewrite. Hopefully once the game is released, they can do more DLC and other "incremental" releases.

I'd say head tracking is probably not necessary, but these crazy people are up for it. :no:

For me, the most eye-catching item in the presentation is the cover slide. Kazunori is still working on Christmas day..

Christmas day is a meaningless day in japan that probably isn't even free from work , seing that a very very small percentage of the japanese population is christian...

I think they work on Christmas day, but the Japanese tailored Christmas for their own purposes (e.g., year end party, gifting, boyfriends and girlfriends going out for romantic dinner together).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back