The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff. I managed to squeak just under that as my son was playing.

I only just now noticed that you can adjust the TCS settings for the race car - I started with the regular car the first time, and TCS can't be changed (its on 7) there, so I didn't think to look if I could change it on the tuned car (where it is also at 7). I changed it to 1 and that helped me knock off quite a bit of time (so now at 1'38.7 or so). Also marginally improved my stock car time to 51.4 with a total of a low 3'30.2 ... This puts me at 65th in The Netherlands. Compared to the number one there should be something like 3 seconds per event in there yet, which is crazy - I'll have a look at their ghosts and see where they are cutting corners. :devilish: ;)

EDIT: Got in a good session

1'38.425
1'50.339
----------
3'28.764 (38th in NL)

I haven't looked at the replays in detail yet, but looking at the ghost in the distance ( :) ) it scarily just seems to be down to taking each and every corner a little bit better. Basically that's 2 seconds spread over 12 corners that I need to work on ...

Anyway, it's clear that TCS needs to be off completely on that Tuned car I think.
Nice times! Yeah, I always turn TCS off. Unfortunately, you can't for the stock car.

I haven't looked at any ghost replays... maybe I should to give me some pointers on how to take some turns better and see where I'm losing time.

Managed to squeeze a bit more out ......

1:38:750
1:51.474

Theres a bit of time to be had on normal i think, so i think i might be able to beat your normal Arwin, but that tuned time............i might give you that one ;).........Are playing on joypad or wheel?

And Patsu, share the love man..........we`ll only laugh if your over 2 mins! ala Top Gear!................

Bah, you squeaked by my time too! This is making me want to play some more. :smile:

IIRC, Arwin has a DF Pro wheel (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm using the DF GT. What about you?

Bah, you squeaked by my time too! This is making me want to play some more. :smile:

IIRC, Arwin has a DF Pro wheel (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm using the DF GT. What about you?

Are you familiar with the Dual Shock 3?!

That (hopefully) explains Arwins exellent tuned time.........

Wait... I dropped my middle finger. Here it is...

If someone sends me a Nissan 370Z, I think I can improve my timing fer sure.

I assume the obsession with such a minor semantic issue has everything to do with using this rather underwhelming 219 MB download as a way to undercut expectations of the graphics and performance of GT5:the full game? That's the slant I'm getting from all of your posts on the matter, that the "GT5 demo" qualifier stamped onto an unambitious track with performance drops is a great opportunity to bring GT5 down a peg.
At least I'm not the only one catching these things from his posts. It would be interesting as to how many issues he could come up with, if he put the same fervor towards nitpicking other games in the same genre. :LOL:

Patsu...........its in the post.

:LOL:

I'm braver than you patsu :p ;

Stock 1.53.602
Tuned 1.41.283
:cry:

Its really hard to keep stock 370Z on track , btw.

Well, after a few rounds of practice (and enduring my wife's laughter), my tuned car performance is now 2:15. :LOL:

My kid is the only supporter. He's like "Wow, daddy you're good". I think he's dazzled by the spinning. My online ranking is a glorious 40,000+

The inside view sure does look great and that track must have like 50 flags blowing in the wind:oops:

my best time is 1:43 something

It's fun to see this demo firing up the competitive spirit on forums all over the world. :) I'm beginning to understand why GT has such a following.

My time is 1.44.xx with the tuned car btw, nothing to brag about.

The inside view sure does look great and that track must have like 50 flags blowing in the wind:oops:

my best time is 1:43 something

What I'm impressed with in this demo are the spectator stands ... they're huge, with tonnes of spectators and near the finish line your whole screen is filled with them with a huge draw distance and everything stays sharp. The buildings look nice too.

I really like the it, at least when i set a new personal lap record ;)
Both cars are fun do drive, giving you a challenge but are still contollable. The tured car is a real monster.

Here are my times, using the DS3;
Tuned: 1'41.458 (TC 7)
Stock: 1'54.667
Total: 3'36.125

Edit:
Using wheel (GT Force Pro, paddles for shifting)
Tuned: 1'40.077 (TC 0)
Stock: 1'53.130
Total: 3'33.207

I'll see if I can better them tonight with the steering wheel. /Done

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the demo...I don't want to hurt anybody here but I was hugely dissapointed with the graphics...at the first moment I thought there is something wrong...even the first impression, when the driver walks along the pit line to his car: he somehow felt disconnected to the ground and thus looked weired, like walking in the air or something like this.
As I usually play only in cockpit view (thus I don'T care if my car looks good) and did not try the other views the most distracting thing I noticed was a really 'uneasy' image quality with jaggies and weired other things (I felt like a lion, watching a zebra :smile:)...and the low detail of this particular track did not impress me either.

I quited fast and moved on, the only positive aspect I memorize is that the gameplay/driving felt superb, but that is given as I am an old GT fanboy (yes, I am one of these guys who teams up with his buddies to drive 24h races :mrgreen:)

I tried the demo...I don't want to hurt anybody here but I was hugely dissapointed with the graphics...at the first moment I thought there is something wrong...even the first impression, when the driver walks along the pit line to his car: he somehow felt disconnected to the ground and thus looked weired, like walking in the air or something like this.
As I usually play only in cockpit view (thus I don'T care if my car looks good) and did not try the other views the most distracting thing I noticed was a really 'uneasy' image quality with jaggies and weired other things (I felt like a lion, watching a zebra :smile:)...and the low detail of this particular track did not impress me either.

I quited fast and moved on, the only positive aspect I memorize is that the gameplay/driving felt superb, but that is given as I am an old GT fanboy (yes, I am one of these guys who teams up with his buddies to drive 24h races :mrgreen:)

Well you can`t please everyone. It ticks my boxes however.

My kid is the only supporter. He's like "Wow, daddy you're good". I think he's dazzled by the spinning.
laugh.gif

Sshh don't tell him the truth.:p

I`m adding my current times just to set the bar for fellow B3Ders

1'49.570
1'36.959
3'26.529

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/academy/2010/ranking/?board=0&area=60

... feels good to be faster than Kaz ;)

Ugh, I hate you! :LOL:

I'm aspiring to get a 1'49.x and I think I can get it ... eventually. But it won't be a low one I think, pretty sure I'm not going to beat you ever in the totals. I worked for more than an hour just to get from 50.3 to 50.2 (and in that time I saw the top Dutch driver break below 1'48, which is better than the no.1 here!). This will probably mean that in a next session I will get to 1'49.x, but from there on I don't see myself gain much time. I'll definitely not ever have to worry about making even the national finals! (although who knows I may get within 30-40 places of it again like last time).

Hey, my good old friend kartno38 is ranking no.1 here! Way back when I hosted a Simulation Tires racing series for GT3 on the old gt3times board and he won that competition, and has been doing great in online competitions ever since. He's a go-kart racer (last time I spoke with him he just went pro, I just missed seeing him race at Zolder because I was down with a flu back then :( ) who discovered Gran Turismo when he had to spend a few months in a hospital/at home after a nasty crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back