The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardly very hard...it's just a guy wearing a helmet
They'd need to license the name though. A driver in all white with a blacked out helmet would of course work, but I think people would rather play against The Stig (even though he does a Doctor Who regeneration every now and again).

They should also get the Stig to record and post lap times etc. for people to challenge.

anybody knows what HDR GT5 is using? it looks very good..in stills and in the demo....is it fp16? true HDR ...heard many console titles "HDR" are really LDR...

They're not using FP16 format. There are a number of alternatives however.

2ppwyzs.jpg

Thanks PD , my all hype for U2 is gone now :( .

They're not using FP16 format. There are a number of alternatives however.

I'm sure somewhere in this thread it was mentioned it was 32bit HDR in the pit scenes.

Yamauchi mentioned it couldn't be done on other consoles and I believe the 360 is "limited" to FP16 is it not?

I'm sure somewhere in this thread it was mentioned it was 32bit HDR in the pit scenes.

Yamauchi mentioned it couldn't be done on other consoles and I believe the 360 is "limited" to FP16 is it not?

You mean 128bit HDR (fp32) and isn't Xenon not able to do fp16?

GameInformer updated their GT5 preview:
http://gameinformer.com/games/gran_turismo_5/b/ps3/archive/2009/09/30/preview.aspx

The usuals:

“The damage physics are going to be applied to things like a bent suspension arm, tires hitting the wheel wells of a car, deformation of the body affecting alignment, the loss of power to the engine,” says Yamauchi. “We’re actually still working on setting the sensitivity level of the damage. You can have it so if you have a single hit your car isn’t going to be able to be driven anymore. It’s a matter of adjustment.”

Gran Turismo 5 also marks the introduction of NASCAR and World Rally Championship racing to the series. Yamauchi says adding those popular forms of motor racing has been challenging. “The most difficult part is actually NASCAR,” he says. “Their rules are really, really complex. It’s almost the difference between soccer and American football. I’m not quite sure of just how much of NASCAR’s rules we’ll be able to implement into the game, but we’re going to try.”

About Electric Vehicles:

Polyphony’s painstaking attention to detail is demonstrated by how much work his team has spent making sure EVs were accurately translated to the gaming world – from the way they sound to the way they handle. “You just hear road noise and the sound of the wind, really,” starts Yamauchi. “One thing about it is that Sony is one of the major producers of lithium ion batteries. We were in close contact with a team that develops those batteries, and we’ve taken in their knowledge and information, and that’s how we went forward with development. One of the most difficult things about the EV cars is the battery. Regarding the Toyota’s hybrid system, we’ve been in contact with them regarding their system for over five years now, so we have accumulated a good amount of knowledge from their side as well.”

Yes they got the visuals down but they gotta get the sound down! I saidit before and I will say it again but now I am going to buy the game if the car engine audio is not there. If NFS Shift can get it right...if FIA GTR can get it right I am amazed PD cant get it!!!

And about photo mode:

As with Gran Turismo 4, you’re free to ogle your cars in photo mode. This time around, though, players will see their vehicles as never before. “In GT5, the level of detail on the tracks and the scenery – and also on the cars themselves – has just exponentially increased,” says Yamauchi. “I think the quality of the image that you can get is going to be not even comparable. We’re trying to make it so that at a minimum you’ll be able to take 8 megapixel pictures. We might be able to raise it up to about 20 megapixels, but I can’t promise anything.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back