The GT5 expectation thread (including preview titles)*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is up with the reflection on the side of that lambo, its just plain odd.

You mean between the right-side wheels, on the lower door panels, right? Yeah, that looks like you're with your nosed pressed up against a low-res texture. Not sure what's causing that.

Toyota FT-86 Concept trailer:

Haven't placed the track at the beginning yet. Looks like a WRC stage in the Alps.

I just read the complete interview.

[flame]
What the f*ck ! It sounds like these guys injected their life forces into GT5 and that little game called GTPSP. Reviewers and analysts be damned. Can't believe Sony pressuring these dedicated people for fall deadline.

If Sony is hard up for cash, they should can other useless projects. If Polyphony can deliver top quality products, the money will come back. $#*($)*#$#% exes don't know Kazunori's health is more important than an earlier release of GT5 ?
[/flame]

I just read the complete interview.

[flame]
What the f*ck ! It sounds like these guys injected their life forces into GT5 and that little game called GTPSP. Reviewers and analysts be damned. Can't believe Sony pressuring these dedicated people for fall deadline.

If Sony is hard up for cash, they should can other useless projects. If Polyphony can deliver top quality products, the money will come back. $#*($)*#$#% exes don't know Kazunori's health is more important than an earlier release of GT5 ?
[/flame]

I disagree.

I'm all for giving developers the creative freedom they need, and delaying a game for that reason. But there is such a thing as not being able to handle that freedom.

Looking at all the games they have released so far you can see the same pattern. They all get delayed or take an incredible amount of time to make, and yet despite that they are lacking in anything outside of it's core features.

Forcing a deadline and a few much have features on PD would be smart thing to do for Sony IMO. The series is in desperate need of some direction, instead of mindlessly adding cars to it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to run for the hills.

Forcing a deadline is a very very crude way to run a software project. If Sony is interested to deliver an early game, they'd need to scope GT5 down, delay/kill GTPSP. and get the message out there first.

Haven't they announced a date for next march? = not fall?

Much as I'd like to see the game ASAP I don't think it's entirely unreasonable of Sony to pressure PD for a date in the current financial year, for one territory anyway, and who knows if it'll slip ...

Forcing a deadline is a very very crude way to run a software project. If Sony is interested to deliver an early game, they'd need to scope GT5 down, delay/kill GTPSP. and get the message out there first.

Ideally they should have kept closer eye them since the start GT5's development. Making sure that the development cycle is well planned out beforehand, and that they stick to it as much as possible.

GT5 was announced to be released in March 2010 in Japan.

Yeah... I was probably unfair to Sony since I only hear one side of the story. However looking at recent performances this fall (Home v1.3, Firmware 3.00, and GT5 slippage). I'd rather have the slippage than dealing with crashes and incomplete implementation. This is not the launch year anymore. We have tons of things to entertain ourselves with. So... marketing definitely should be sensitive to quality issues.

Being overly ambitious and lacking direction seems to be a common problem within Sony. Delaying unfinished products or releasing them too early are both problematic things. It's annoying to see them repeat the same mistake over and over again. They should be able to deliver on quality if they dial their ambition back a bit.

Being overly ambitious and lacking direction seems to be a common problem within Sony. Delaying unfinished products or releasing them too early are both problematic things. It's annoying to see them repeat the same mistake over and over again. They should be able to deliver on quality if they dial their ambition back a bit.

Lair ? But that`s not that rare in the gaming world, and not really exclusive to Sony. History is full of examples specially in the PC sector. Gothic series, Stalker, HL2...

I kinda don't want to see or hear anything until a month before release to be honest. It's too painful all this waiting. I'll focus on GT PSP and Forza 3, and PD can wake me again when the game has gone gold. :LOL::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back