The Annual E3 general discussion thread, 2015 edition

BRiT

(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
Here's the thread for discussing general E3 news and announcements and general interests (photos of a specific gender of game-demonstrators) not covered by the platform specific threads.

Thank you for the compilation DieHard, I edited in a couple more stream links to your post.

The crazy starts tomorrow. While it's still calm just want to thank you moderators in advance for the extra work over the next couple of days. If not at the least thanks Brit :) for setting these up.

This is the most excited I've ever been for an e3 as all consoles appear to have a great show and PC! Yay doom!

tHOQQvc.png

For more E3 info, GAF has this great resource @ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1061873

So I'll be watching the Microsoft event live tomorrow at 17.30 BST and sleeping through the Bethesda event (tomorrow 3am) and Sony event (Tuesday 2am) because it's the middle of the morning. Though even if Sony had their event during the evening BST time I'd probably sleep through it because Sony think two and a half hours is sensible length for a press conference. :nope:

Sony conferences are better downloaded so you can fast forward through the suit speak :yep2: and while they tell you what they've done, which I already know because it's now history and we all live in a linear time universe.

Though even if Sony had their event during the evening BST time I'd probably sleep through it because Sony think two and a half hours is sensible length for a press conference. :nope:

Actually last two Sony E3 press conference were ~1h 45mins.
youtube.com/watch?v=ozo1EYAjkNM
youtube.com/watch?v=NOoJ6ucEY8g

I expect same length this year, although this time they have to start seriously promoting Morpheus.

Am I understanding that right, that US times aren't 24 hour? Do American's not do 24 hour clock? :???: But otherwise, great table for easy reference.

The average American is below average, and thus the concept of 24 hour clock is unnerving to them. They'd rather use AM and PM designations and completely fuck that up when it comes to Midday and Midnight; 12 AM is Midnight and 12 PM is Noon. Instead they think its 12 AM for noon because it comes after 11:59 AM and dont switch to PM until 1 PM, so nearly an entire hour they have mapped to the wrong time (12:00 to 12:59). The same thing with midnight and 1 AM, but reversed.

Silly people.

A 24 hour clock is much easier to understand.

Isn't 24 hour taught in schools? It's introduced here in the UK in primary education, and children tend to prefer it to AM/PM. I can imagine the US sticking with archaic representations though because that seems to be their thing. Imperial measurements still? Hah!

Isn't 24 hour taught in schools? It's introduced here in the UK in primary education, and children tend to prefer it to AM/PM. I can imagine the US sticking with archaic representations though because that seems to be their thing. Imperial measurements still? Hah!

Its may be taught in passing, but just as likely extremely limited as their coverage of metric system. Ie: a footnote and 1 day at most.

Stupid imperial systems.

GAHHH @ that Sony conference right in the middle of the god damn night! If I'd been a young man I'd just pulled an all-nighter, but now? No way, I'll wake up the day after, look up a link for the inevitable youtube upload... :LOL:

With regards to Squeenix, will they ever make that demo they showed off at the PS4 unveiling into a proper game (the one with some girl being chased or maybe she was sneaking around, and a demon being summoned or something like that, it was so long ago I can't quite remember anymore what happened...), or will it simply remain a tech demo forever?

What about that knight game and the dragon, and all that fire? (Was Capcom though, I think? Hell, how about I wish for some god damn long term memory also in addition to being young again? Rofl... ;))

With regards to Squeenix, will they ever make that demo they showed off at the PS4 unveiling into a proper game (the one with some girl being chased or maybe she was sneaking around, and a demon being summoned or something like that, it was so long ago I can't quite remember anymore what happened...), or will it simply remain a tech demo forever?
You mean the Final Fantasy VII cinematic remake with the train?

Back