Tell interesting things about your birth

My wife's brothers were all over 10lbs, 12-14 (But her mom is 5'11"). It does not seem that if we have kids it will be too enjoyable for her :)

Ah well perhaps our genese won't work out that way.

My mother was 16 years old and my father 17. I'm prolly lucky Roe v Wade was 10 years too late to nip me.

Ah, that reminds me. Not exactly my birth, but the doctor almost dropped my sister. He only caught her by her ankle.

Mom's three subsequent children (myself included) have all been born at home.

I was born with two heads. The docs cut off the smarter one but at least I was left with the better looking one.

I was born quite premature - I think three weeks or so? When I was in the heated crib thing, my brother (two and a half at the time) turned the temperature up on the thing to full heat. No one noticed for hours, and there was a huge panic at the time.

My hair was white for my first eight years, and my brother still claims it's because of him :)

PARANOiA said:
I was born quite premature - I think three weeks or so? When I was in the heated crib thing, my brother (two and a half at the time) turned the temperature up on the thing to full heat. No one noticed for hours, and there was a huge panic at the time.

My hair was white for my first eight years, and my brother still claims it's because of him :)
heh.
Did you punch him when you got older?

I was born quickly. The whole process took like 15min. The joke in the family is that the doctor made a great "save" when I was "launched".
Another interesting fact is that this was four days short of 26 years ago.

In related news, my sister expects her third kid around new year. I hope to get to see both the new and old (well ..) kids when I get there around that time.

My mom said after giving birth "Get that troll out of my sight! I don't wan't to see it!!" :D
I had black spiky hair when I was born, so I guess that's where the "troll" came from, as it was waaayyy before Internet :)

8/8 (1975) is my birthday, needless to say 8 is my number :)
That, and the first time my mother tried to breastfeed me she yelled as she discovered the disease I've got (nobody had before).

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I thought I did :D Mine's more tragic story than yours! She even said I look like a devil's child and wouldn't want to breast-feed me!
Anyway, me and my mum are in good enough terms now, I guess she was just suffering from postnatal depression.

Only unusual thing about my birth is that I'm born in Karachi, Pakistan.
OK, there's a lot of kids born there, but not so many all-Swedes

Oh, and that my parents accidentaly gave me the wrong name.
Their intention was to give me a name that hadn't been used by any ancestor. But my dads geneaology stuff were back in Sweden, and they couldn't remember if Henrik or Fredrik was a "free" name. They guessed "Henrik", but that was wrong.

A fun sidenote on that is that if anyone calls me by wrong name, it's pretty much always "Fredrik". :) My parents got kinda' semi freaked out when I told them that, and that's when they told me the story above.

Basic said:
Only unusual thing about my birth is that I'm born in Karachi, Pakistan.
OK, there's a lot of kids born there, but not so many all-Swedes

Oh, and that my parents accidentaly gave me the wrong name.
Their intention was to give me a name that hadn't been used by any ancestor. But my dads geneaology stuff were back in Sweden, and they couldn't remember if Henrik or Fredrik was a "free" name. They guessed "Henrik", but that was wrong.

A fun sidenote on that is that if anyone calls me by wrong name, it's pretty much always "Fredrik". :) My parents got kinda' semi freaked out when I told them that, and that's when they told me the story above.
The Universe has decided. Your true name is Fredrik, but you shall be known to us as Fredrik Who is Called Henrik. Isn't it spooky, for real, how things like that happen? It's almost as if... :oops:

As a parallel, in my case the priest decided to baptize me with the wrong name so I was baptized twice, real quick-like. I cannot remember it (go figure), but given my temprament, I am sure I was thinking "you putz...*sigh*" at the time. ;)

Did you actually grow up in Karachi or did your parents decide to squeeze you out while there for a visit?

Like John Reynolds, I was born jaundiced. I was also born too soon, a whole month too soon. I'd like to think I was born 5 millenia too soon or a millenium too late. If I can't have the future, I'd rather be a proper barbarian, ranging the countryside with a sword and a really peculiar helm with antlers on it ("Niii!!!").

Oh, and I'm a C-section. I guess that is sort of implied with born too soon though, although I am not sure about that.

Back