Street Fighter 4

Just because it's not as good as a joystick, doesn't make it bad. It's miles better than the 360 for fighting games. I think everyone knows that a joystick is best, so I think he was just saying which controller is better suited for fighting games. Some people (albeit rare) are actually better with a controller than with a joystick.

The AA is higher on 360, but it's still a pretty clean looking game on PS3, and for the most part, they are both the same resolution (720p). I would just go with what your friends will be playing on. If you don't know anyone getting it, then I would go on controller preference. If you're using a joystick, then the 360 is the better version.

Just because it's not as good as a joystick, doesn't make it bad. It's miles better than the 360 for fighting games. I think everyone knows that a joystick is best, so I think he was just saying which controller is better suited for fighting games. Some people (albeit rare) are actually better with a controller than with a joystick.

The AA is higher on 360 , but it's still a pretty clean looking game on PS3, and for the most part, they are both the same resolution (720p). I would just go with what your friends will be playing on. If you don't know anyone getting it, then I would go on controller preference. If you're using a joystick, then the 360 is the better version.

Not 'higher' , there is a 2x AA where on ps3 there isn't any AA filter (how arcade version).

Just an aside, on the topic of controllers, a slew of saturn usb controllers have shown up on ebay (search for sega usb). Fighting game connoisseurs vouch for them on various forums, despite the fact that they're all in HK. They're typically around $20-30 (current demand has pushed them closer to the latter, but I got a couple for $23 back in late Jan). They work on the PS3 and the PC.

Street Fighter 4 is much more forgiving control-wise than previous versions. While arcade sticks are still reccomended standard controllers are entirely usable with either dpad or analogue stick.

Question (probably stupid):

Does a wireless or USB keyboard work with this game (PS3 or 360) ? I've been playing King of Fighters and SF games on PC for years and the keyboard became like a 2nd nature for me in these type of games.

Actually with the Xbox360 3rd party kb+ms adapter (iirc MS don't allow kb+ms officially), since those adapter I believe just emulate/map the Xbox360 controller to kb+ms, it should work with all games.
As for PS3, unless the developer specifically allow the use of keyboard, I believe the answer is no, unless someone came up with an adapter similar to that on the Xbox360.

Just an aside, on the topic of controllers, a slew of saturn usb controllers have shown up on ebay (search for sega usb). Fighting game connoisseurs vouch for them on various forums, despite the fact that they're all in HK. They're typically around $20-30 (current demand has pushed them closer to the latter, but I got a couple for $23 back in late Jan). They work on the PS3 and the PC.
I don't think I'd ever heard of those USB Saturn pads, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. I just ordered one! Now I just gotta get SF4.

I don't think I'd ever heard of those USB Saturn pads, but thanks for bringing them to my attention. I just ordered one! Now I just gotta get SF4.

The only caveat is that they don't seem to work with PS2 full BC. But that's common of most PS3 pads, including the brand new MadCatz SF4 controller. Apparently they have to be enabled in hardware, one by one.

Question (probably stupid):

Does a wireless or USB keyboard work with this game (PS3 or 360) ? I've been playing King of Fighters and SF games on PC for years and the keyboard became like a 2nd nature for me in these type of games.

Yeah ironically I think the keyboard is more accurate than any other controlling method.

I am serious. I have been playing those games in emulators and noticed that its much easier to perform tricks

Game is almost out now. How about we look at having a little B3D tournament or something?

Would be better while the game is relatively new so everyone(me!) has a bit of a chance.

Does the game have a built in tounament system, if so how many players?

I will be getting it for the 360 since I have the SCIV fight stick for it.

The problem with tournaments is a lot of people end up just sitting around waiting for their turn to play. It would be great if it was able to track multiple players playing and updating a tournament board since this would minimize the down time. I'm not sure what it type of mode Capcom has built in for it.

PS3 version myself as i have a custom hori real arcade pro 3 for it. Got a txt from shopto saying they sent it out yesterday so hopefully ill have it today, cant wait!

The CDWow price for Aussies is really good - pre-ordered a few months back. Now I wait for it to ship *taps foot impatiently*

Been playing it for a few days now. PS3 version. It's pretty great so far. It plays as expected. Like a 2D SF game but with much flasher visual effects. Frame rate is locked at 60fps. I've never seen it drop or tear a frame.

Online works perfectly from what I have experienced. Both ranked matches and player matches. Voice chat works fine from the moment you are in the lobby and through the fights.

There is nice a training mode and a challenge mode that help you learn the game better.

Worst thing I can say about it as that the English translation and voice acting is quite awful. Particularly in the short intro and ending cut scenes. The game gives you the option to toggle the language though. And even on a per character basis. But all the anime cut scenes are disappointingly bad anyway.

Back