Street Fighter 4

I hope its at least cell shaded if 3d.

If not, they need to come into the 90's already and at least produce hi res sprites.

Haha me and my friend were just talking how slowly this series was progressing in the numbered installments.

Make it 2D and I'm sold. Likely will get for the PS3 since the 360D-pad is the worst implementation in a controller that I can recall.

If you look at that new Naruto game, it's obvious that cel-shading can look VERY good.

If they can get HD cel-shading of that quality, 60 fps animations, and if they just copy the hitboxes from the old games, I think SF fans would really happy. Obviously, it's not supposed to look kiddy like Naruto but I think going the 3D route is the best choice. Look at Udon remaking the SF sprites for that PSN and XBLA game in 1080P HD, in my opinion it seems that the reason those sprites don't look so good is that Udon basically has to trace the old sprites and enlarge the details but there's NOT enough detail in the old sprites/concept art for HD sprites. Besides, how hard could it be to make a 3D cel-shaded fighter compared to a 2D one?

Well, if they want to make it into 3D using NPR style, the technology is there. Capcom did create Okami, and that trailer seems to be using that kind of art direction. Cel shaded anime NPR like Naruto, is probably too clean and boring. I always imagine SF to be more gritty. I guess this is probably the time to have a new look (art direction) in fighting game that's different from the average cartoon/anime sprites look like Guilty Gear, KOF, Hokuto no Ken, all previous SFs or the realistic plastic looking like VF5, Tekken 6, DOA4.

Gameplay wise, I hope it'll move on to 3D, while still keeping things raw, like SSF2T, none the SF Zero fancy stuffs. Maybe improve parry system like SF3. But a move to 3D is welcome.

All new characters like they did in SF3 are also welcome, but I think that shotokan duo will return.

I hope it gets released in Arcade first and gets fine tuned there.

I am looking forward to this game.

I hope it gets released in Arcade first and gets fine tuned there.

I am looking forward to this game.

What's up, brother.

I'm hoping for major rerealeses for revisions. It worked for three sf3 versions and three zero versions. I'll buy the motherfuck*rs over and over just like I always have and just like you have and just like everyone over at shoryuken has!

And I'd be shocked it didn't start life as an arcade machine only. Then again I think I recall saying i'd be "shocked" if VF5 came out on 360.

I cant find the link now but I read a report/rumor that the game is up and running within Capcom and is indeed 2D, although the graphics are claimed to trounce SF3.

I hope it's 2D, myself.

I would love to see a 2D fighter revival. MvC2 was such great fun - though I personally didn't really dig SF3.

I would have thought scalable 2D would be the smartest way to go for these things.

I cant find the link now but I read a report/rumor that the game is up and running within Capcom and is indeed 2D, although the graphics are claimed to trounce SF3.

I hope it's 2D, myself.
are you sure the link was reliable? even the teaser looked cel-shaded.

Why not create 3D assets with cel-shading much like the "trailer" and have a side on camera and purely 2D movement constraints for the fighting?
The systems are more than powerful enough to manage it and the benefit of 3 dimensional models should be at least two-fold, you could have more accurate hit-checks and you could also then have better camera effects for unblockable moves or for the end of a fight to give a more cinematic approach. It would also allow for the benefits of a completely 2D fighter while allowing a replay mode which was far more cinematic and could then make use of 3D camera movement.

the 360D-pad is the worst implementation in a controller that I can recall.

hehehe

I'm surprised that I was finally able to get used to the analog stick for sf2, but I was. It's now very suitable, but I have to admit I'd still rather have a good dpad.

I still hope Rare does a new KI with 2d controls.

Regardless how the graphics are rendered in this new sf, I hope they stick to 2d controls. There's enough 3d fighters already.

I don't see why it wouldn't trounce SF3's graphics. I don't think 2D even reached it pinnacle in video games yet.

I don't see why it wouldn't trounce SF3's graphics. I don't think 2D even reached it pinnacle in video games yet.

Indeed, with the huge memory consoles have today, frame animations can be much smoother, more natural and more beautiful than ever.

They can look like top quality anime.

2D games for years had sudden and choppy animations, Moves were performed with just a few frames.

Some people may say that more frames may slow down the gameplay which is not a good think for 2D fighters but I believe that they can speed up these animations and be as fast.

Zooming in an out, combination of 3D effects, and usage of 3D levels and multiple floors in each stage, I think 2D fighters can get extremely engaging. And not just 2D fighters but other 2D games as well

Back