Starhawk (new rumors)

Sheesh, that looks pretty great! And it sounds fantastic!

Yeah !And the lighting on th characters looks pretty neat with the nice round feel to the arms n all.

OT: Oh BTW< I am married now ! High five to all those in the club already ! I am in heaven right now :love: !

Congrats ! No wonder I didn't see you online last week.

The Starhawk video seems to show I can pick my exact spawn point ? May be a side effect of us customizing the environment with walls. Need to confirm with the beta testers.

Congrats ! No wonder I didn't see you online last week.

The Starhawk video seems to show I can pick my exact spawn point ? May be a side effect of us customizing the environment with walls. Need to confirm with the beta testers.
Hey Thanx :cool: !
Frankly Speaking, the mechanic is exactly the same as Section 8, you chose a point and are then dropped there from above. and it was very fun there, so it should be very fun here too.

Cool, I have never tried this type of spawn system yet.

So you can drop right in the middle of a fierce battle also ? Or can you only drop in a peaceful area ?

Yeah, pretty great idea.

This game sure has a good shot at out-Battlefielding Battlefield again!

Anywhere on the whole map, including on the objectives?! Or anywhere within a drop zone decided by spawn towers, adding strategy?

From the video it is pretty clearly only the zone / area in control of the player's team.

I haven't watched all the movie, but the first 5 minutes it wasn't clear to me where the drop zone was. It could have been the play chose to spawn at the base because he was playing a defensive game. The notion of building drop towers around which players can spawn seems an obvious strategic option. Teams could plan to drop right close to the enemy and overwhelm them, but in building a drop tower wouldn't be building defensive towers. If it's not a feature now, it's one I want to see added!

Does this game have killstreak and perks ? Coz I would like to play one without. The building element, mechas/vehicles, and spawn system sound interesting enough. No need to complicate it further.

Does this game have killstreak and perks ? Coz I would like to play one without. The building element, mechas/vehicles, and spawn system sound interesting enough. No need to complicate it further.

I think some sort of upgradable or customisable weapons and vehicles would be preferable to me. Even make the customisation options cosmetic only (as with Warhawk). I am hoping for some crazy wacky and wonderful futuristic weaponry though. I get tired of devs setting their games in the future and then wasting the setting by just having the same old tired weapons of every other modern day shooter (i.e. assault rifle, shotgun, sniper rifle etc). That's the biggest reason i love games like Resistance and Lost Planet 2. Crazy and Imaginative weapons are part of what makes Sci-Fi so fun.

Lightbox should def look at making some crazy and different weapons, for both vehicles and infantry :)

I haven't watched all the movie, but the first 5 minutes it wasn't clear to me where the drop zone was. It could have been the play chose to spawn at the base because he was playing a defensive game. The notion of building drop towers around which players can spawn seems an obvious strategic option. Teams could plan to drop right close to the enemy and overwhelm them, but in building a drop tower wouldn't be building defensive towers. If it's not a feature now, it's one I want to see added!

I suspect that partly happens through the 'area control' mechanic anyway. Each time you control a bit of territory you can spawn on it. Liking the spawn system a lot.

I think some sort of upgradable or customisable weapons and vehicles would be preferable to me.
upgradeable stuff is different to killstreaks/perks, and I agree wholeheartedly with Patsu in wanting a game that doesn't pile on the bonuses for those who get ahead. The reward should come from the gameplay experience, and not from winning a killstreak that enables you to kill even more. The gameplay of Warhawk without the overpowered aircraft and with the strategic element of the base building sounds an absolutely winner on paper. I hope they execute successfully and don't ignore the important aspects of voice chat, parties/teamwork, and sides working together without building to conflicting strategies. If one half of the team want to play offensively and the other half defensively, neither strategy will be executed properly!

I loved that in Uncharted 2 if you leveled up enough, you could give yourself badges of honor that actually gave you less of everything.

upgradeable stuff is different to killstreaks/perks, and I agree wholeheartedly with Patsu in wanting a game that doesn't pile on the bonuses for those who get ahead. The reward should come from the gameplay experience, and not from winning a killstreak that enables you to kill even more. The gameplay of Warhawk without the overpowered aircraft and with the strategic element of the base building sounds an absolutely winner on paper. I hope they execute successfully and don't ignore the important aspects of voice chat, parties/teamwork, and sides working together without building to conflicting strategies. If one half of the team want to play offensively and the other half defensively, neither strategy will be executed properly!

Yeah i did understand the difference there Shifty. I was agreeing with Patsu myself also whilst making a suggestion of what i'd prefer over perks/killstreaks ;-)

I do agree with you generally that the reward should come from the gameplay experience, however being able to conintually unlock goodies to deck out your characters/vehicles with is still awesome, and a good way to keep your players coming back to the game. Like i mentioned even if the unlocks are just simple things that affect your characters/vehicles cosmetically like in Warhawk, then i would be very happy with that.

I do also agree that they need to have good strong support in the game for parties/teams/clans. Certainly this game more than most.

The major downside to unlocks is they are often used to punish/limit noobs giving experienced players the advantage. I like a sense of progression as much as the next man but if they do that, they have to have an excellent levelling system whereby like players are pitted against a similar level. Such a system would also have to allow players of different ranks to play together. It was very frustrating in WH when my friend would be on a higher ranked server than I could join. One plus for WH was custom games. The downside was no-one joining making them useless! SH could probably take a leaf out of Uncharted's online.

Back