Starhawk (new rumors)

walkthrough of Starhawk campaign ! Part 1 and boy it looks like its gonna be so much fun in split screen co-op ! :D Shooting + building is hectic, fast paced and fun ! I am totally stoked by this video ! I want this !

walkthrough of Starhawk campaign ! Part 1 and boy it looks like its gonna be so much fun in split screen co-op ! :D Shooting + building is hectic, fast paced and fun ! I am totally stoked by this video ! I want this !

That is a nice open world environment. I would love to hear more about how they took advantage of/leveraged the architecture. I spent a LOT of time on Warhawk. By the looks of things, I'm sure this will be no different.

This game is CRRRRAZZY ! Chk out the hectic ground+Starhawk gameplay ! They never really could show how cool the SP campaign is in th e trailers ! Woah Man ! I need monies , moar monies to get this along with Twisted Metal !
Its as if th eOLd days of fun gaming are coming back again. Recent games focus so much on bleeping "cinematic experience" that they forget they have to be fun, first and foremost!

Oh wow ! Searched up the old thread to check ppl's impressions and it turns out the last post is by me !

Did no one on B3D buy this game? I am hearing from people that matches are still full and it has a dedicated community similar to Warhawk and I am buying it from the sale tonight.

Has anyone on B3D played this game ? Is it as fun as it looks in the above video I posted? Is the co op mode fun? How did the MP turn out finally ? Does the co op mode have matchmaking ?

I bought it. It was fun, but not amazingly compelling. The build aspect is a mess, with crap dropped all over the shop. You can gave a chance to build something useful further up in the map and find yourself out of buildings because 5 people decided to spawn bike shops in the base. If you clean up unwanted buildings to allow more useful structures, someone else puts down new buildings and ruins your plan. The end result IMO is a fairly chaotic, standard space shooter. These grandious concepts (Starhawk, MAG, etc.) only work with proper teamwork, which you don't get ordinarily. I had fun building a tank and messing up the enemy, and I can fly the hawks okay a bit. Coop was great when first playing because there was a way to cheat by getting the last enemy caught in the scenery and then farming Rift Energy to build whatever constructs you want, turning it into a base building game. But that was patched and now you only have limited Rift Energy per turn which isn't enough to build anything other than a few buildings which are instantly trashed at higher difficulty levels.

It's an okay game, but it has failed to live up to the potential of the beta IMO. I haven't had such balanced, interesting games as I had then. It's also nigh impossible to play until you've learnt the maps, which requires some considerable hours of play (learn where the mines are, etc.) while up against vets that won't give you a moment's peace, like all these games. Sure, you can learn the maps if you just want to fly around an empty map exploring, but there's no fun in that.

Well, that doesn't paint a pretty picture. My only reason for buying this is the split screen third person co-op. my niece and nephew keep playing UC3 co op all the time, but fps is a bit too much for them yet. They have mastered the THird person perspective now. So , I was looking for another TPS co -op game, other than UC3. There don't seem to be any except the Army of Two games, but those games are too serious for the kids.

Starhawk seemed fine, but if the co-op isn't that fun, then I guess, I will just pass. Are there any orher split screen Third person games u can suggest?

The coop was fun, as fun as any other game. It just became less fun after the patch. Part of the enjoyment I (we) had playing the game was building a fort. We harvested rift energy, built walls and turrets, planned where we'd be and what we'd do. That time was something unique to the game and more involving. After the change, it just became something of another shooter, each player running around independently shooting enemies. There wasn't anything like as much actual cooperation, which is usual for most 'coop' games. Actual cooperative gameplay is mostly limited to running up to fallen allies and pressing heal, unless you're really good at the game and can do stuff like provide sniper support on demand.

For multiplayer games, check out http://www.co-optimus.com/system/2/playstation-3.html

They reviewed StarHawk 4/5 for the game, 2/5 for the coop, FWIW.

Hmm...i have been out all the time, still haven't bought it. Also heard that Rayman Origins is going on sale tonight, maybe then that would be a better co op game ! The demo was very fun, but I wonder if the kids can go with the difficulty of a classic platformer.

Oh yes, Rayman is definitely recommended as a co-op game. Yes it can get a bit harder later on, but in co-op when you die you can float to the other player who can then hit you to bring you back into the game. It allows the better player to carry the weaker and makes dying much more forgiving. It's really very good.

Oh yes, Rayman is definitely recommended as a co-op game. Yes it can get a bit harder later on, but in co-op when you die you can float to the other player who can then hit you to bring you back into the game. It allows the better player to carry the weaker and makes dying much more forgiving. It's really very good.

Bought Rayman :p ! Don't know if kids will like it or not, but I loved the demo back then !

Missed out on Starhawk anyways, by the time I reached home, it was out of the sale. Maybe next time, I am definitely interested in playing it.

Back