Star Wars Battlefront

Yesterday, EA offered 4 hours of free Battlefront to anyone who logged into the game.

Renewed stats:

PC: 5,526 (24h peak: 6,947)

XBOXONE: 12,591 (24h peak: 25,911)

PS4: 25,137 (24h peak: 37,767)

Total: 43,254

Player stats are already pretty much the same as they were before May the 4th.

Unsurprisingly, there's a Battlefront 2 coming out as early as 2017:
http://www.gamesradar.com/battlefro...pace-studio-developed-star-wars-game-in-2018/

Best case scenario is DICE/EA learned from this mistake and will launch a proper Battlefront game in 2017.
Worst case scenario is they'll just take advantage of the hype created by the numbered movies (Ep. VIII coming in December 2017) and launch another pretty and shallow glorified demo in 2017, yet another when Ep. IX comes out and so on.

Meh, bad movie tie-in games are generally bad. Star Wars: Buttface is no exception in just being an extremely bad game that sold based on the movie tie-in.

Regards,
SB

Player stats are already pretty much the same as they were before May the 4th.

Unsurprisingly, there's a Battlefront 2 coming out as early as 2017:
http://www.gamesradar.com/battlefro...pace-studio-developed-star-wars-game-in-2018/

Best case scenario is DICE/EA learned from this mistake and will launch a proper Battlefront game in 2017.
Worst case scenario is they'll just take advantage of the hype created by the numbered movies (Ep. VIII coming in December 2017) and launch another pretty and shallow glorified demo in 2017, yet another when Ep. IX comes out and so on.
Yeah EA strikes me as the kind of company that learns from its mistakes :nope:

It is not crappy for me. Some modes are bad but the walker mode saves the game. I played it more than 100 hours. Other people like something like Overwatch or Team Fortress 2. I prefer multiplayer games like ARMA, Battlefield, Battlefront, GTA V, The Division, Reinbow Six etc.

Compare it to the real Star Wars Battlefront (both 1 and 2) and you'll realize just how crappy of a game Star Wars Buttcrack is.

It's possible, but unlikely, that I wouldn't have such a huge distaste for it if it wasn't called Star Wars Battlefront. But if they want to use the name of a really good franchise, they should be prepared to be compared to those games and be judged accordingly.

But this is EA and they've shown they don't mind absolutely crapping on a good franchise (look at what they did with Dungeon Keeper).

Regards,
SB

I have Star Wars Battlefront I and II and I prefer playing the new Star Wars Battlefront over them. I stopped playing them one year after release. They were good but not better than the new Battlefront. And all Battlefront games are worse than Battlefield.
The Battlefield series is way superior. Battlefield is much more tactical. All Battlefront games are more the meatgrinder type of games.

Last edited:
Disappointing in my opinion is what Battlefront could have been. Back in 2005 I imagined in the future a massive Battlefront game combining space and ground battles at the same time. Where you go with your troops/friends into a transporter and fly from a Star Destroyer which has hundreds of rooms seamless (without loadings screens) to the surface of a planet where e.g. a great battle takes place.

Now Star Citizen will be what I imagined back then.

IMO there's only 2 things that are very wrong with this title:

1 - Full price for what it's obviously a game with (at best) 1/3rd of the content of similar multiplayer games.

2 - Being called "Battlefront" when it shares so little with the series and disappoints so much with what Battlefront 3's leaks brought to light. It should be called Star Wars: Assault or something in those lines.
Star Wars: Walker Assault & (mediocre) Friends.

In the end, no matter how fans like to paint it, the name was a blatant cash grab for fans of the original games, and the lack of content was a blatant cash grab in order to release the game close to Ep.VII's release.
The first is obvious and the second has been confirmed by EA's officials.

I have Star Wars Battlefront I and II and I prefer playing the new Star Wars Battlefront over them. I stopped playing them one year after release. They were good but not better than the new Battlefront. And all Battlefront games are worse than Battlefield.
The Battlefield series is way superior. Battlefield is much more tactical. All Battlefront games are more the meatgrinder type of games.

That's fine that people prefer the more limited Battlefield series. In which case it should have been called Star Wars Battlefield or Battlefield: Star Wars. There's nothing wrong with people liking different styles of gameplay. Although it has to be said, it is very very seriously lacking as even a Battlefield game. Although with Battlefield: Hardline, EA shows they don't give a crap about the Battlefield franchise either.

But as a Battlefront game it is seriously lacking in anything related to Battlefront that makes Battlefront so great. Especially to those that prefer its more complex game modes to the Battlefield series.

I like both series, but find Battlefront to be superior in most ways to Battlefield.

Regards,
SB

Hardline was a misfire. The other Battlefields are all good and in my opinion way superior to all Battlefront games.

I do not think so. The current Battlefront is better than the old games in many ways. Especially playing the heroes is far better than they were back in 2005. If I would test Battlefront II again, I would get bored very quickly. In the memories it may perhaps be good. But in itself it can not keep up for various reasons.

DICE knows how to do online games.

The game is cheap enough now on Origin s well as on ps4. Is the community alive enough to get it now. It wasnt a bad game when I played the beta, it was just very casual and not something I would pay $60 for. ANy of you play it still? Should I just let it be or get it now that its cheap? Any major content that I can play on my own if the community turns out dead?

I only like the walker mode. Sometimes I still play it but at the moment I consume other games.
The DLCs do not please me so much. Especially the last two. They have a poorer quality than the main game. The last Scarif DLC is a joke. The four maps look almost the same. Bushes block one and the gameplay is much worse than on Endor.
I use the DLCs only through the unlocked heroes and weapons. However, the first two DLCs could be bought. Sometimes there are weekends where the DLCs can be tested for free.

The main maps can be played offline against AI (walker and flight mode). Then there are short training exercises. I like the offline gameplay much more than in Battlefield 1. Which I would classify as gruesome.

Back