Ghost Recon Wildlands [PC]

The reports of a downgrade have been greatly exagerrated.

Made some screenshots in just one area of 21; ultra settings.

It is one of my 3rd best games experiences of all time.
My squad mates and me take a lot of time. We do not rush and I really enjoy this experience. I can not believe this unbelievable game world is real.

does fuel count
14,400 km²

I dont know this game I just heard of it some years ago.
The game seems to be gigantic but I do not know how this games world was created.

Last edited:
So, I've been talking to some people and apparently while they were really excited to get the game prior to launch, now that they have it, they think it's by far the most boring open world game they have ever played. Also, it is not a Ghost Recon game in anything but name. Bone dead stupid AI. No planning, recon, or stealth required. Just run in with a machine gun, mow all the enemies down. Free the village. Move on to the next village and rinse and repeat.

One of them said it was like someone took Just Cause 3, and then removed all the fun from the game.

They say the graphics are quite good, but playing the game is just SOOOOO boring. It's a shame that UBIsoft just basically pooped all over the franchise. I was skeptical of the whole thing after how they marketed the game, but I was still hoping it'd somehow still be a Ghost Recon game. Unfortunately, looks like nope, the franchise is dead. This makes me so sad. I did so much multiplayer LAN with the original Ghost Recon. That game was so good. And to see them do this to the franchise. Bleh.

Maybe the spent so much time making such a large map that they forgot to make a game.

Regards,
SB

Tropical forest in action:

So, I've been talking to some people and apparently while they were really excited to get the game prior to launch, now that they have it, they think it's by far the most boring open world game they have ever played. Also, it is not a Ghost Recon game in anything but name. Bone dead stupid AI. No planning, recon, or stealth required. Just run in with a machine gun, mow all the enemies down. Free the village. Move on to the next village and rinse and repeat.

One of them said it was like someone took Just Cause 3, and then removed all the fun from the game.

They say the graphics are quite good, but playing the game is just SOOOOO boring. It's a shame that UBIsoft just basically pooped all over the franchise. I was skeptical of the whole thing after how they marketed the game, but I was still hoping it'd somehow still be a Ghost Recon game. Unfortunately, looks like nope, the franchise is dead. This makes me so sad. I did so much multiplayer LAN with the original Ghost Recon. That game was so good. And to see them do this to the franchise. Bleh.

Maybe the spent so much time making such a large map that they forgot to make a game.

Regards,
SB

As I said before this game can be well or badly for some. I like the tactical approach and we were partially on the road until 4am even if we had to go to work just a few hours later. It has its mistakes but I do not let these mistakes make me break the game.

The AI is not bad at all. They make some stupid mistakes but they often flank me from an unexpected place.

Stealth is definitely needed at higher levels of difficulty. Rambo style is impossible because otherwise they kill one much too fast. It's untrue that this game can be played with Rambo style at higher difficulty levels. With four human players it is a bit easier but alone or just for two it can be very difficult to extremely difficult.
Despite long planing my squad and me often fail in defensive missions.

Let's see how the onlinepart will become.

EDIT:

In such games it is often important to know what what to do and how creative one really is.

Each player has his memorable highlights to which he likes to think back. For me the Wildlands sessions of the past few days are one of my greatest player experiences ever.
In Ubisoft titles gamers themselves create their experience. I like sandbox gaming especially with a military setting. As a friend of stealth action gameplay I like the slow and tactical part in this game. I always want to look at everything in peace and experiment with the possibilities of player mechanics. In fact Wildlands provides me with everything that I have dreamed of in Crysis but without this genius world design the whole game would not work for me.
In my opinion Ubisoft has overtaken Rockstar since The Division. For me they define open world design completely in its diversity, attention to detail, technology and atmosphere.

Last edited:
I've been hoping for open world games to kick up the scale since Oblivion came out, but I am suspicious of anything Ubisoft makes. And why is it 3rd person? It's like GTA in the jungle.

Last edited:
I have no problem with the missing story or lack of change in gameplay. On the contrary the great game world offers a never-ending abundance of challenges where each one is unique for itself. The player is always invited to think about his approach or to react to a situation. Be it through terrain, vegetation, time, weather, an unexpected confrontation, a defeat, a fallen squad member or of course the many tools that can be used.

This is already great but the game unfolds only with the cooperative mode. Most of my game hours I have spent with squad mates in Discord. With human players ways to make creative use of the game mechanics can be revealed. Ways which I have so far only dreamed of. We cleaned an airfild in a short time window with ten shots. We flew air raids on convoys while behind the next curve enemy vehicles were prepared. We freed rebels from a prison that was inaccessible inside a canyon. We camped on a rainy night on two sides around an enemy position where we lured them out with signal rockets and explosives.

We fight together, sneak in from different directions, come out of the air, from the water or from the forest. Or simply walk through the landscape and admire the incomprehensible graphics. This experience can hardly to be found in another game. Eiher way, every moment takes us deeper into this game.

Last edited:
In other words, don't play it like GTA and you'll have a lot more fun.

From my point of view these advanced NVidia Godrays are the most beautifull Godrays I have seen. They shape the appearance of the entire game and give it an unique look.

Off
Nvidia_godrays_off by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

On
Nvidia_Godrays_on by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Another example where the sun is not in the screen:
Off
NVidia_Godrays_off_2 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

On
Nvidia_Godrays_on_2 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Two comparisons. Once with sun in the picture and once without sun in the picture. Album link: https://flic.kr/s/aHskW34ksM

As you see the saturation decreases which I find realistic. They are also not as cost-intensive as expacted.

Last edited:
Nice distance view.

24km :)

Player speeds
Realistic looking walking (tested with Gamepad) = 6km/h
Run "W" without "Shift" = 24km/h
Run "W" plus "Shift" = 36km/h

In other Open World games like FALLOUT 4 the character does not move as fast.

This lake alone is bigger than the FALLOUt 4 map.
Wildlands_huge_lake by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr

Last edited:
Good column about the current hatred of Ubisoft. It annoys me that I always see below videos, news etc. the same stupid one-liner comments about Ubisoft and their games.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.pcgames.de/Tom-Clancyxs-Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-Spiel-55716/Specials/Pruegelknabe-Ubisoft-Kolumne-Kommentar-Kritik-Hater-Trend-1223365/&edit-text=&act=URL

Two things that he may have forgotten:
1. The crew is also a new IP from Ubisoft. It would have been easy to take Driver but they brought The Crew which still gets content updates 2 years after release.
2. Some of the criticism (not the hunting) can be understood because AC really did not differ from one game to another for a certain period of time. That also applies to Far Cry which also followed this scheme.

Last edited:
I had a chance to play this at lunchtime and it feels like a by-the-number shooter. I enjoyed it but I could shake what I felt when I played Just Cause 3 which also has a massive scenic game world with not much to do in it. At times it feels like a walking/hiking/travel simulator.

Friend of mine tested the HTI on the second highest difficulty level:

In this case it can be easy with HUD and enemy positions. Weapon destroys vehicles with one hit. Without HUD its challenging but this weapon is still overpowered.

Aiming is a little more difficult in this game because you dont get 144fps on Ultra graphics settings in 1440p. We need faster GPUs ASAP.

Last edited:
So far Ghost Recon Wildlands is the most sold video game of the year.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...rives-march-games-sales-to-usd1-36b-in-us-npd

In the UK it is still number 1.
It's been another quiet week at UK retail, with Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands holding onto the top spot of the charts.

That's the fourth No.1 the game has secured, although not consecutively: it managed two weeks at the top after launch, as well as the last two weeks. It's also the sixth No.1 for Ubisoft this year, thanks to the two weeks secured by new IP For Honor.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-24-fourth-uk-no-1-for-ghost-recon-wildlands

I find it amusing that people on Neogaf etc. constantly claimed that Wildlands would vanish because of the competition. Allegedly no one would think about Wildlands next to Zelda and Horizon.

In reality, however, it is the largest success of the year.

Ubisoft's most successful games are online titles such as Reinbow Six, The Division and Wildlands. On the other hand Watch Dogs 2, AC, The Crew, etc. could not exceed expectations. Watch Dogs 2 sold less than Watch Dogs 1 but it still came into the profit zone. In my opinion Ubisoft should turn Watch Dogs into a multiplayer game. It can be seen how good GTA V sells. The monthly sales figures are still among the best 5 to 10!

I'm looking forward to the next AC.

Last edited:
Predator is in the game now

I always said that the Predator fits perfectly into Wildlands environment.

Last edited:
Back