For Honor [PC]

TEEDA

Regular
PC stress test invites are being sent. You can only access through invites. Just received mine for EU region.
it's under NDA

Minimum:
• Resolution – 720p @ ~30FPS
• Video-Defaullt– low
• VSync – off
• OS – Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit-Versions)
• CPU – Intel Core i3-550 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 or equivalent
• GPU – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti (1GB VRAM) | AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1GB VRAM) or equivalent
• RAM – 4GB

Recommended:
• Resolution – 1080p @ ~60FPS
• Video-Default – Hoch
• VSync – off
• OS – Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-Bit-Versions)
• CPU – Intel Core i5-2500K | AMD FX-6350 or equivalent
• GPU – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 | AMD Radeon R9 285 or equivalent
• RAM – 8GB

Compatible controllers
• mouse + keyboard
• Microsoft Xbox 360
• Microsoft Xbox One
• Microsoft Xbox One Elite
• Sony PlayStation 4

One thing I like about Ubisoft is native Dual Shock 4 compatibility. Can't wait to test that game.
Hope they will be able to announce a Console beta soon too.
I really like the concept of this game.

Last edited:
My opinion after 2 hours in For Honor:

Pros
  • Excellent graphics and detail
  • Runs very well on just my 970 at maxed graphics (no SSAA)
  • Animations and speed of movements is very slow pace, really suits the combat
  • Interesting attack/parry 3-direction combat with the usual interrupts, counters and dodging
  • Unique styles of combat for each character you obviously need to master
  • Dominion mode is a lot of fun
Cons
  • Playing the slow Knights, the much faster Samurai constantly slaughtered me. There's obvious ways to deal with this, just have to learn but very frustrating
  • PvP is very frustrating for me because:
  • I'm terrible at this game

Yeah, I remember watching someone play this (early beta) about 1.5-2 years ago. Looks really interesting.

Some people are just not going to be good at it, however. While the movement is slower paced and the combat has a weighty feel to it, it still requires almost twitch reflexes (if you want to defend well consistently) combined with a good eye and fast ability to recognize how your opponent intends to attack you and whether they have changed how they are actually attacking you.

Me? I know I'd be terrible at the game. Too old for twitch reflexes, but I'm hoping the single player will still be fun for someone like me. :)

Regards,
SB

Nice that a For Honor thread was created here.

Yeah I tested it too over the weekend. The historical elements are too distorted from my view.

I do not mind if samurai and knights fight. What bothers me is the use of the weapon and this is completely wrong. Almost only garbage combinations and weapons which were not used at all. Armaments from different times are combined, etc. No army used a morningstar in the middle ages. If the chain of the morning star is longer than the handle you're hurting yourself with that. Where's the spear? One of the most important weapons ever.

Two-handed swords? Also illogical. Swords were mostly used in combination with a shield.

The class that uses the sword and the shield will take the shield aside. The shield must also protect the body during attack. In this case the shield is held away from the body, held sideways / to the left of the body and so on. When he hits with the sword he holds the shield behind his back. What the ..... What is the purpose if your shild is behind your back?!

I am not even someone who is interested in the middle ages. I am a science fiction guy.

Historical pictures where weapons can be seen have usually no real meaning. It is just art. If you look at a war film of today the weapons often also wrongly used etc. For historians of the future films of today or the past would not be a recommendable source.

____

With the exception of the game characters, I find the graphics better than in Ryse but not as good as The Division or Watch Dogs 2. The TAA works just as well as in The Division.

The combat system is much better than in most games I've ever tried.
It is much more demanding than just using a key to block. So I'd like to have such a game with light sabers.

Anyone else in the Closed Beta this weekend?

What a pity I would have liked a duel against you. ^^

Last edited:
Two-handed swords? Also illogical. Swords were mostly used in combination with a shield.
Until plate armour when two handed swords were more common. Shields were more common prior to plate to deflect blows from swords and pikes and protect against arrows. When you're already fully plated, a shield and a sword becomes virtually non-weildable.

Why does ultra-realism historically matter for a game like this?

I do not complain about the fact that it is not a simulation. I complain about it being totally nonsense.

Until plate armour when two handed swords were more common. Shields were more common prior to plate to deflect blows from swords and pikes and protect against arrows. When you're already fully plated, a shield and a sword becomes virtually non-weildable.

You mean something like this where one tries to sting the sensitive spots.

Yes but in games and movies they never fight like this with a two-handed swords. In For Honor they also had more of an crusaders equipment. 900 to 1400 AD. Those two-handed swords were common a bit later.

Last edited:
Why does ultra-realism historically matter for a game like this?
It shouldn't, nor is it hyper realism, it's game balance 101. Games with characters class have oft offered a heavy and lighter combat classes with increased armour impacting agility.

Yes but in games and movies they never fight like this with a two-handed swords. In For Honor they also had more of an crusaders equipment. 900 to 1400 AD. Those two-handed swords were common a bit later.
Yeah, don't look to entertainment for anything like historical accuracy. They want the knight leaping on the horse and riding off, not the reality of three guys having to spend 10 minutes hoisting the knight on the horse.

It's a game. Reality is rarely entertaining.

It shouldn't, nor is it hyper realism, it's game balance 101. Games with characters class have oft offered a heavy and lighter combat classes with increased armour impacting agility.
And they do in For Honor. There's a huge difference playing a Heavy-class Knight vs a nimble character in every aspect.

I watched a vid of somebody playing last night, and they seemed mighty slow as the Viking character as well. It also had a very strange rock/paper/scissors sort of blocking & attacking mechanism and overall wasn't my cup of tea.

I kind of got the idea that the only real fun part of the game will be the PvP aspects where you try to take and hold areas just like every other PvP game.

Open Beta preload is available.
Size should be around 19GB.

I still think about whether I load it or not. This genre is not to my taste but I could still try a few 1 vs. 1 matches.

____

For Honor 360° Trailer: In the Heart of Battle

For Honor Trailer: Season Pass & Post Launch (DLC)

New free content like maps sounds good. The Division and Rainbow Six Siege have a very good long-term support. Let's see how it will be here.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Back