Ghost Recon Wildlands [PC]

Jupiter

Veteran

Minimum system requirements:
  • Operating System: MS Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz
  • RAM: 6GB
  • Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 / AMD R9 270X (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
  • Sound: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
  • Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
Recommended system requirements:
  • Operating System: MS Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770@ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4 GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX970/GTX 1060 or AMD R9 390/RX480 (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • DirectX: DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
  • Sound: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
  • Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
  • Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller
The closed beta will happen between February 3rd and 6th, be sure to cancel all plans for your weekend. It is cold, anyway.

Source: http://gamenewsplus.net/ghost-recon-wildlands-closed-beta-system-requirements/

Preload live on all platforms.
Download size: 22 GB

Last edited:
4-Player Co-Op Highlights

Character Customization

Weapon Customization

I have not seen PC footage so far. We have to wait until the closed BETA starts.

If someone still has no key but want to test the game he can have one from me. People who were invited into the closed BETA can share it with three people. At the moment I still have two left.

But I need the UPLAY names for that. Otherwise the codes can not be passed on.

If there is no one interested I will ask somewhere else in 15 hours from now.

EDIT:

Tested the BETA. This is the game with the highest GPU requirements I have ever played. A Titan X would definitely be recommended. Maybe it will be optimized later or via driver.

The GPU graphics settings must be well-adjusted in any case.

Last edited:
So far I have played only few missions. I have mainly explored the surrounding area.
- Weather and day and night changes are dynamic also in the missions
- It has many aids. If they are disabled it is a bit ARMA like
- I would have liked a first person view much better
- the highest difficulty is recommended
- for solo players it is worse than The Division or Watch Dogs 2, rather coop recommended
- I think it driving feels worse than in Watchdogs 2
- Helicopter control is ok
- many weapons, modifications, etc.
- extremely many graphics, control, sound, and home settings, I think Ubisoft games are best in this regard. The Division, Watchdogs 2, For Honor and now Wildlands all have a lot of options.
- in the maximum graphics Battlefield 1 looks bad in sections with a lot of vegetation compared to Wildlands, Wildlands acts like a next generation game in the maximum graphics
- could imagine that it runs on the standard PlayStation 4 in 720p, on the Pro I would recommend 1080 and 30fps.
- Vsync kills the performance
- TAA is smooth, but has much more ghosting than the TAA in The Division, For Honor, Uncharted 4 etc.
- maintaining 60fps on a PC is very difficult. For the most players even on medium settings
- I would recommend to delay it a few months. For Honor was much more "round". Some effects should be better-balanced or have favorable alternatives. God Rays and volumetric fog using some next gen ray marching tech which costs a lot
- indirect lighting (cloudy weather or night) looks much better than in The Division or Watchdogs 2
- night vision equipment is useful
- Tesselation, Tesselation, Tesselation, incredible .....

Some UHD nearly maxed out screenshots

Last edited:
TAA has a lot of ghosting with 30fps. Even with 60fps.
Without TAA it is flickering even at UHD.

Some screenshots has TAA and some FXAA. I dont know what to chose for screenshots.

This one has TAA

and this one not

__

I've played it a few more hours. I would not recommend it for solo players (at the moment) since the comrades AI and commandments are not good. For some people it can even get boring. Cooperative with other people it is very good. I had a lot of fun today.

What I like a lot is how the vegetation moves when a helicopter flies/lands nearby.

Last edited:
Hey do you still have a beta key? Very interested if this game is gonna be for me.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands open beta to include a new province
http://www.vg247.com/2017/02/10/ghost-recon-wildlands-open-beta-to-include-a-new-province/

"Ubisoft has revealed that the open beta for Ghost Recon: Wildlands, due to take place sometime before launch, will include a new province of the game’s massive open world."

___

I hope that they will not lower the maximum graphics because of whining PC players. Maximum settings look excellent but do not work well with most systems. Clearly the minimum fps could be higher and I hope the final performance will be better. But graphically this is now on a completely different level and designed for 12 - 14 teraflops cards. If i read about comparisons with the performance of Battlefield 1 I find it ridiculous. Battlefield 1 is nowhere high end.

With maximum graphics selected it looks with the exception of ghosting much better than in all previous videos. They should reduce the ghosting at TAA. The sharpness slider is also ridiculous. It goes from 0 to 100% and even at 5% it is unbearable.

Last edited:
I know, I know and you're absolutely right. Unfortunately there are a lot of PC players who get mental problems if they can not play a game in the maximum game settings with 60fps.

Use the medium settings for playing? That would be an insolence! I'm sorry for those guys but I'm happy when games come out that challenge the hardware in maxed out settings. On the other hand they complain about alleged downgrades and on the other hand they complain when games do not run at 60fps in the highest settings on their 3 year old graphics card.

For me Wildlands is the next Crysis. Of course it should run better than in the beta. Especially in the minimum fps optimization is still needed but in my opinion the fps range in the maximum settings are justifiable for what is offered. Other than in games like FALLOUT 4, Mafia III, ARK, Conan etc.

In the middle settings Wildlands does not look as good as some other video games. It only shines in high to very high settings.

I do not know the settings anymore. In any case there was an .ini which pointed to ray marched effects.

___

The open beta should start on 23.02.2017 at 12:00 CET.

EDIT:

BETA can be preloaded.

Last edited:
Open Beta has started. Looks like a Titan X or GTX 1080Ti is needed to play this game in maxed out settings in FullHD and 60fps. Hoping for an informative graphics and performance guide from Nvidia.

Vsync still has problems. I would turn it off or use the adaptive Vsync.

Some Benchmarks at very high (not Ultra) settings: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Tom-C...Recon-Wildlands-Open-Beta-Benchmarks-1221572/

"The Fury X now scores a good 50 fps in our test sequence, while they were previously [closed BETA] stuck at 33 (Full HD)."

"The Fps win is not out of the air, but is bought with cuts in the LOD system - the Open Beta of GR Wildland shows more bouncing and morphing of objects to save draw calls and thus performance. However, the visibility and object density are still very high."

Last edited:
While other games using just flat 2D surfaces this game has extreme Displacement Mapping nearly everywhere:
DM_1 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr
DM_2 by X-RAY-89, auf Flickr
Maxed out this effect costs about 15%-20% performance against non DM.

Last edited:
My son has been trying to get this to work with his fx8350/16GB/295x2 and after a few hours of yelling and banging he ended up with a busted mouse and a rather foul opinion of this beta.

He says he guarantees it won't even be playable at launch at this rate.

I have no clue, but after trying to help him out a bit with it and seeing the awful lack of results and generally INSANE glitchiness of the game I have no reason to doubt or disagree with him.

My son has been trying to get this to work with his fx8350/16GB/295x2 and after a few hours of yelling and banging he ended up with a busted mouse and a rather foul opinion of this beta.

He says he guarantees it won't even be playable at launch at this rate.

I have no clue, but after trying to help him out a bit with it and seeing the awful lack of results and generally INSANE glitchiness of the game I have no reason to doubt or disagree with him.

That's a odd, it runs flawlessly on all the Intel based computers I know of (with AMD or nVidia GPU).
Wondering what could be wrong...

Bought it. Like Watch Dogs 2 I will play it completely without HUD and on the highest difficulty setting. In this way it is much more challenging than most of the games I've played. Unfortunately, the HUD can not yet be differentiated between opponents and objects. The search for an ammo box needs rather time than skilll. But I do not want to see any enemies in the radar.

The ingame sharpener is ridiculous. 1% are already completely exaggerated and it goes still to 100%. If so, it should really be more subtle as in The Division. I wonder who has allowed this.

What is embarrassing too is the fact that the difficulty level is not applicable to the whole squad but every member can adjust it for himself.

Many people do not understand the helicopter control in this game. Once you have understand flying is very easy.

With the CPU I have less problems here as in Watch Dogs 2. 60fps can always be held.

Oversharped video but at least it is not as bad compressed as others:

At 2:22 he had some texture loading problems. Many have these in the BETA.

I really like the terrain quality here. What aleso impresses me if you fly with a helicopter nearby vegetation everything is moving.

Which also amazes me that one can drive (burdensome for the streaming) through a very dense jungle. Especially since I have not even seen a dense rainforest in an open world game before.

Let's look how the other 19-21 provinces will look.

Last edited:
What's with the jerky clouds at 5:07 till the end?

Do the headlights on cars cast shadows? :)

Uninstalled the open beta. Apparently the game doesn't work because I have two graphics cards (not crossfired) and two monitors. W10 taskbar preview thumb is the only way I can see the game.

Back