Sony's Gamers Day 2007

Not to judge, but, it sounds like a typical biased statement.

MS has only Halo 3 and everything else we know about? is that so? well, please tell me about Bioshock, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Splinter Cell 5, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Huxley, Too Human, Banjo Kazooie, PGR4.... you want me to keep going?

Same goes to Nintendo. I think its ignorant to think that MS and Nintendo doesnt have much to show @ E3 while Sony will have a massive blowout and steal the show.

Its also ignorant to say "we" know just about everything MS and Nin has to offer, while Sony is hiding a bag full of tricks. Tsk tsk tsk :rolleyes:

Im not aiming to rant or flame(...mods? ;) ), its just im sick of bs statements like this. I know you meant that in a good way, all im saying is look through a different perspective sometime, will ya? :D

Pretty safe bet to think Sony has a few more cards up their sleeve than MS does.

We've already seen extensive footage from almost all MS games, while Sony has been in a near media blackout. Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, MGS are all due for a blowout. Plus any surprises.

With MS, they might have some surprises(Banjo Kazooie, Lost Odyssey, SC5), but for the most part we've seen everthing they have coming (mass effect, bioshock, alan wake, too human, blue dragon etc) in pretty good detail.

Pretty safe bet to think Sony has a few more cards up their sleeve than MS does.

We've already seen extensive footage from almost all MS games, while Sony has been in a near media blackout. Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, MGS are all due for a blowout. Plus any surprises.

With MS, they might have some surprises(Banjo Kazooie, Lost Odyssey, SC5), but for the most part we've seen everthing they have coming (mass effect, bioshock, alan wake, too human, blue dragon etc) in pretty good detail.
I think it's pretty safe to say that we've seen as much footage from Mass Effect as we've seen from Heavenly Sword (and definitely much less than Lost Odyssey ;)). They same could be said about Alan Wake (we've seen only the main character and the PC tornado techdemo). The list could go on... Even Gears of War 2 announcement, if executed properly, could win the show for Microsoft.

At the next E3 they won't announce a new more expensive price, I assure you!
It was not only price announcement that hurt, but also very boring press conference (hopefully they won't let a guy from Polyphony talk for about 20 minutes this year...). Nintendo didn't show much stuff last year, but were definitely a winner, because they showed it in the most entertaining manner.

Because games are true heroes of the show and should speak for themselves - if Sony's studios have the best demos, it will certainly be Sony's show. Not how much stuff will be shown for the first time. It's certainly impossible to predict it now.

I agree that we have seen as little from MS upcoming titles as from Sony. the main difference is 360 owners have a lot more games to keep them satisfied at the moment while Sony owners are thirsty for games. they are are excitedly held in the dark on the titles that they want/desire.

I agree that we have seen as little from MS upcoming titles as from Sony. the main difference is 360 owners have a lot more games to keep them satisfied at the moment while Sony owners are thirsty for games. they are are excitedly held in the dark on the titles that they want/desire.

I disagree and this comes to the heart of what each of the companies stlye/philosophy marketing in general. MS is clearly and they are solid in their affirmation that they are open with the developer community and the gamers. Thus, their leaky in new product/games that are coming down the pipeline.

Sony on the other hand likes to keep new information of up coming products close to their chest and also with the develops they will share certain information more with their in the circle developer.

I think it's pretty safe to say that we've seen as much footage from Mass Effect as we've seen from Heavenly Sword (and definitely much less than Lost Odyssey ;)). They same could be said about Alan Wake (we've seen only the main character and the PC tornado techdemo). The list could go on... Even Gears of War 2 announcement, if executed properly, could win the show for Microsoft.

We've seen tons of masseffect, including 2 developer walkthroughs, and a bunch of video captured from GDC. HS, since E3 2005, we've seen a demo of one room, and some low quality footage of another area.

I'm not saying MS couldn't 'win' the show, just that Sony has the easier job of it if they execute. Which should be the case as they begin to showcase their 2nd generation titles.

I disagree and this comes to the heart of what each of the companies stlye/philosophy marketing in general. MS is clearly and they are solid in their affirmation that they are open with the developer community and the gamers. Thus, their leaky in new product/games that are coming down the pipeline.

Sony on the other hand likes to keep new information of up coming products close to their chest and also with the develops they will share certain information more with their in the circle developer.

perhaps you are correct in that assessment, but it does not change the fact that Sony has a lot of gamers waiting for good games to play and that means even more anticipation leading up to these types of events.

We've seen tons of masseffect, including 2 developer walkthroughs, and a bunch of video captured from GDC. HS, since E3 2005, we've seen a demo of one room, and some low quality footage of another area.
Mass Effect - 2 developer walkthoughs, a trailer in December in American TV, a "Transmission" trailer, recent preview on G4TV and screenshots and artworks. We still don't know anything about character leveling, equipment etc.
Heavenly Sword - E3 demo, target render video showing locations, Heroes cameo and video documentary shortly after. Also screenshots and artworks.
I'd say we've seen very similar amount of footage from both games.

Developers are more active on their forums, but they still have most of issues under NDA and discuss only some game elements to death. They're not much more oper than Sony devs (and certainly not Rare;) ). Yeah, usually almost all Microsoft's announcements are leaked way before, but they seem to improve that - I remember that before X06 no one was expecting any interesting announcements because nothing had leaked beforehand and there were actually some surprises.

Heavenly Sword - E3 demo, target render video showing locations, Heroes cameo and video documentary shortly after. Also screenshots and artworks.
I'd say we've seen very similar amount of footage from both games.

I am very positive that wasnt a target render at all

Indeed

I really wonder what in the world happend to 8 Days. I also remember a year or two ago when Sony mentioned (I think it was Phill) some pretty big number of projects Sony's world wide studios are working on, yet we ve seen almost none of them.

We had confirmation Wipeout is in the works atleast......but where is it?

I hope we will see it at E3. When is it btw?

SCEWWS is working on loads of stuff. 3rd largest software development company in the world, don't forget! There's a number of EyeToy titles announced that we haven't seen, for example.

Heavenly Sword against Halo 3 in september should be an interesting fight :)

I doubt there will be a "fight". H3 is pretty much certain to be this year's top seller. Sony is hoping HS will push the snowball down the hill in order to create momentum into the holidays. MFST will just sitdown and count cash from H3 receipts.

I wish HS luck with critical praise and units, but I am unsure of how this particular genre of game will do with units sold. I say this because the nearest comparison is God of War, and that game sold 2-3 million copies (a success I guess) in a market that had as many as 120 million systems.

Heavenly Sword against Halo 3 in september should be an interesting fight :)

It should be a slaughter and that based on nothing to do with which game will actually produce a better experience for the average gamer.

1. 360 will have a bigger userbase whom seem to have a big appetite for any big franchise on the 360.

2. Halo already comes with a built-in fanbase that was built on the popularity of prior games of the franchise.

It should be a slaughter and that based on nothing to do with which game will actually produce a better experience for the average gamer.

1. 360 will have a bigger userbase whom seem to have a big appetite for any big franchise on the 360.

2. Halo already comes with a built-in fanbase that was built on the popularity of prior games of the franchise.

the multiplayer portion of Halo is one that has been proven to keep millions of people entertained for YEARS.

no surprise that Halo3 may have the the biggest release of any entertainment event ever.

I wish HS luck with critical praise and units, but I am unsure of how this particular genre of game will do with units sold. I say this because the nearest comparison is God of War, and that game sold 2-3 million copies (a success I guess) in a market that had as many as 120 million systems.

Uh... yeah, 3 million is a success Nero, even if you want to take a relativist tack on it. Not to mention there are plenty that will buy it on its way down to the $20 'hits' category.

Anyway, clearly Halo 3 is set to be the game in terms of sales this year.

(nice info on Uncharted by the way)

Indeed

I really wonder what in the world happend to 8 Days. I also remember a year or two ago when Sony mentioned (I think it was Phill) some pretty big number of projects Sony's world wide studios are working on, yet we ve seen almost none of them.

We had confirmation Wipeout is in the works atleast......but where is it?

I hope we will see it at E3. When is it btw?
Not to mention AfriKa.
the multiplayer portion of Halo is one that has been proven to keep millions of people entertained for YEARS.

no surprise that Halo3 may have the the biggest release of any entertainment event ever.
If it's too good people won't buy another game for years! ;)

I recall DeanoC saying it was a target render...

It was ingame except for her face - that was a target render. Rest was not.

As regards to Wipeout. You will hear about it tomorrow. It's set for 2008 release...60fps. I think using the Motorstorm engine.

As regards 8 Days...you'll see that tomorrow as well. Episodic in nature...

ummm, small point but
i think some ppl have forgotten that gta4 is set to be released this year :LOL:

Back