Sony's been quiet since TGS, is it just the calm before the storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why ask a question if you won't accept the answer?

You've been talking like a game that can run on the PS3 and not the Xbox 360 is an impossibility, and he just proved you wrong. Nothing more to it.

Gholbine said:
So why ask a question if you won't accept the answer?

You've been talking like a game that can run on the PS3 and not the Xbox 360 is an impossibility, and he just proved you wrong. Nothing more to it.

Yeah he proved me wrong..sure thing buddy. :LOL:

Just because you have an answer doesn't mean your answer makes sense. If that were the case little 3 year olds would be considered geniuses because they have an answer to everything even though some of those answers aren't even words. :LOL:

If I asked a kid if he can travel back in time and he answers yes does that mean the laws of physics have been breeched? :LOL:

You're a complete joke man.

Does the PS3 not have a higher FLOPs rating? Does it not have faster main memory? Does it not have more high-speed local storage? Does it not run more hardware threads? Everything he said is absolutely true. If there's something about it you don't understand, be sure to ask, because I'm sure he'd be happy to answer your query. :)

Gholbine said:
Does the PS3 not have a higher FLOPs rating? Does it not have faster main memory? Does it not have more high-speed local storage? Does it not run more hardware threads? Everything he said is absolutely true. If there's something about it you don't understand, be sure to ask, because I'm sure he'd be happy to answer your query. :)

What does that have anything to do with Xbox360 not being able to run MGS4? You are incoherently ranting now and I'm afraid YOU are the one who doesn't understand. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Those are the factors that point to KZ CGI is possible on PS3? What a joke. :LOL:

You asked for some potential reasons, I gave them to you. So why ask if you've already made up your mind to ignore and patronize any answer I could possibly give you? Gee PC, you're starting to remind me of T2K.

Thanks for your observation as if it's worth something.
Thanks for your utterly useful and well thought out response. I feel smarter after having attempted a conversation with you.

PC-Engine said:
What does that have anything to do with Xbox360 not being able to run MGS4?

PC-Engine said:
You are incoherently ranting now

^^ Funny.

Your hypocrisy aside, it has everything to do with a game on the PS3 that may not be able to run on the Xbox 360. What if the game engine is running 9 synchronous hardware threads and utilizing 200GFLOPs per second? You'd struggle to run that on the Xbox 360, wouldn't you. It's really not that difficult to understand, even for you, but I'm guessing you just choose not to understand.

So why ask if you've already made up your mind to ignore and patronize any answer I could possibly give you?

Who said I already made up my mind? What you're a mind reader now? I asked because I wanted to know, but when I read your reasons, I realized there's not point in arguing with you since your reasons are a joke. So instead of arguing further I'll just sit back and enjoy the comedy. :LOL:

Thanks for your utterly useful and well thought out response. I feel smarter after having attempted a conversation with you.

You learn something new everyday! ;)

What if the game engine is running 9 synchronous hardware threads and utilizing 200GFLOPs per second? You'd struggle to run that on the Xbox 360, wouldn't you. It's really not that difficult to understand, even for you, but I'm guessing you just choose not to understand.

What if pigs could fly? Keep drinking that Koolaid it'll make your dreams come true. :LOL:

PC-Engine said:
Who said I already made up my mind? What you're a mind reader now? I asked because I wanted to know, but when I read your reasons, I realized there's not point in arguing with you since your reasons are a joke. So instead of arguing further I'll just sit back and enjoy the comedy. :LOL:

Again, a quality T2K like reponse in the form of a degradation rather then an actual explanation. That kind of answer is usually a sidetrack by someone who has no clue how to answer or in this case provide any sort of explanation why it does not matter.

I could explain further but your arguments are such a joke it would be a waste of my time. ;)

Heh, at least now I know why there are so many people that just ignore your posts, PC-Engine. You're in a world of your own.

Gholbine said:
Heh, at least now I know why there are so many people that just ignore your posts, PC-Engine. You're in a world of your own.

Or maybe..just maybe you don't have a clue and continue to drink that sweet Koolaid? ;)

PC-Engine said:
Alright! A link to more people on a forum without any known expertise in the area expressing their opinions. I guess I should accept that as gospel truth right PC?
icon_lol.gif

ANova said:
Alright! A link to more people on a forum without any known expertise in the area expressing their opinions. I guess I should accept that as gospel truth right PC?
icon_lol.gif

Uh..there are at least 2 people there who definitely have a clue. You OTOH will never get it. ;)

Warning

Topic: Sony's been quiet since TGS, is it just the calm before the storm?

And, to some people, just an advice, when you see a troll, do not feed it. ;)

Vysez said:
And, to some people, just an advice, when you see a troll, do not feed it. ;)

Good advice.

Anyway, back on topic. The big question is, when will Sony's campaign start? Will it be right after Christmas, or a little ways into next year? I have a strong inkling that they're will get the ball rolling at CES with a couple of huge announcements, and then keep the focus on the PS3 with more smaller announcements as the year goes on.

I strongly believe the system will launch in Spring in the US, simply because Sony gains more by getting a Blu-Ray player into American hands as quickly as possible, whereas a larger Blu-Ray market in Japan will do nothing to entice Hollywood studios to the format.

AlphaWolf said:
er... are you saying you want to address my post out of context?
No, I am saying that I will quote a response you made to another poster and that I will also disagree with you, but I don't want you to think I fully agree with Gholbine, the person to whom you were responding in the words I quoted.

The same processes exist in the same time period.
So? This is indeed an equalizer. An equalizer of cost, not performance. You seem to be talking about something completely different or are you saying that Pentium 4, Athlon 64, and PowerPC chips existing within the same time period have the exact same performance characteristics?

I find it really odd how some people are trying to downplay Cell. You really think people invest billions of dollars to come out with something they could have licensed for a few million? Why are you expecting the worst? It doesn't make sense. Nobody can know how it will all pan out, but predicting it will be "nothing" or even worse than what came before it is just odd. That's like predicting Xenos/C1 will fail at rendering because of its USA design and daughter-die eDRAM.

Since SONY has been quiet there's nothing to discuss, plus there's almost nothing worth reading in this thread anyway.
Stop wasting valuable bandwidth, space and Moderator's time by saying the very same things over and over like broken machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back