Sony's been quiet since TGS, is it just the calm before the storm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm not the only one ho noticed but, since TGS Sony ahsn't said much of anything. You would think there would be a lot of news surfacing from Sony to counter the 360's heavy anticipation as of recent but not one major article has come out all month:???:

Is this PS3 drought just a build up for a serious wave of new info?

Sony have another holiday season of selling the PS2 to worry about.

They don't want PS2 sales slowed down due to a massive media hype about the coming PS3.

Hardknock said:
Maybe they have nothing new to show ;)
I'm sure they plenty, they just aren't in a rush to show it all at this time. pretty much it would be useless to do it now since it would be hard to steal thunder from the 360 which is a console thats out now by using something thats a good half a year or more off from a U.S. release.

MasaC said:
Sony have another holiday season of selling the PS2 to worry about.

They don't want PS2 sales slowed down due to a massive media hype about the coming PS3.
This is a very good explanation.

It's not about Playstation 3. It's about Playstation 3, 4, 5, 6, and so on and therefore it is still about Playstation 2.

Inane_Dork said:
You think she saw me too, then? I didn't think I caught her eye.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The way it was spelt out sounded so ghetto

But about the Sony matter. When the *insert Sony official* said that there will be a complete blackout about the PS3, they weren't kidding. I thought they would throw us a bone here and there...but nothing. The RSX is supposed to be tapping out soon to right? I haven't heard nothing about that either.

This is a Nintendo level information blackout...

Last edited by a moderator:
BlueTsunami said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The way it was spelt out sounded so ghetto

But about the Sony matter. When the *insert Sony official* said that there will be a complete blackout about the PS3, they weren't kidding. I thought they would throw us a bone here and there...but nothing. The RSX is supposed to be tapping out soon to right? I haven't heard nothing about that either.

This is a Nintendo level information blackout...

Yeah 'uck blackouts. The only good thing about blackouts are that once you get information the media goes ga ga crazy over it and the information never stops. We need information overload.

I think the information over load may happen at CES next January. That's about what 5 weeks away. Not really that much time left.

Sony and Nintendo are not MS. MS leaks like a sieve

Pre E3 there was nothing, then BANG!!!!!! nothing then TGS.

So i'm expecting nothing then CES. If they are turning up there, i'm expecting another BANG!!!

it's better for sony to do as if nextgen hasn't begin yet and entertain this perception.They have to capitalize on ps2 and psp for this holiday.

_phil_ said:
it's better for sony to do as if nextgen hasn't begin yet and entertain this perception.They have to capitalize on ps2 and psp for this holiday.
QFT! After xmas ps3 news will probably come alot more often, starting with CES.

CassidyIzABeast said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one ho noticed but, since TGS Sony ahsn't said much of anything. You would think there would be a lot of news surfacing from Sony to counter the 360's heavy anticipation as of recent but not one major article has come out all month:???:

Is this PS3 drought just a build up for a serious wave of new info?
Sony stole enough thunder away from XBOX360 already with the help of E3 and TGS with MGS4.Its not like XBOX360 has caused the greatest impressions.Actually its weaker than I expected.
They are safe as far as gamer expectations go.There is no reason to try convince any further.They should exploit as much as possible what they have available now and squeeze as much revenuews as possible out of it so they will be better financially prepared when its the best time to do so.

Sony have nothing to show? You'd be lying to yourself if you honestly thought it. CES, you wait.

Kojima actually said the MGS4 demo could be done on the Xbox 360. And of course it could. It was probably running on one PPE and a 7800GTX. Of course, the game engine is nowhere near finished, so when they're actually using 7 SPEs, maybe his tune will change ;-)

PC-Engine said:
MGS4 hype has quieted down ever since Kojima said it could be done on Xbox360. ;)

MGS4 hype was way down before Kojima said this. BTW, is there any proof at all that he even said this? :|

PC-Engine said:
MGS4 hype has quieted down ever since Kojima said it could be done on Xbox360. ;)
Not everyone read this claim and certaintly Kojima didnt state it exactly like that.That was an assumtion others made based on something he said.That assumtion was mainly something XBOX360 fans believed mostly.
That hype was bound to quiet at that timeframe anyways.It didnt exactly got weaker.It just silenced.We cant expect people to talk about something after some time as much as they did when they first heard about it

dodo3 said:
MGS4 hype was way down before Kojima said this. BTW, is there any proof at all that he even said this? :|
He said something that could be interpreted by others like that but didnt necessarily mean that XBOX360 could do it.

Gholbine said:
Kojima actually said the MGS4 demo could be done on the Xbox 360. And of course it could. It was probably running on one PPE and a 7800GTX. Of course, the game engine is nowhere near finished, so when they're actually using 7 SPEs, maybe his tune will change ;-)

Xbox360 has 3 PPEs and can run 6 threads though. ;)

As for MGS4, haven't you guys read the latter half of the other thread? That "MGS4 is possible on other plaforms" was already debunked by Kojima himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back