Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

I only tried the demo and yikes, it was boring and doesn't look good.

Funny, I also tried the demo and loved it. The graphics in the final game are better than the Demo, clearer. Did you find that you can move around and not only stay in the same place all the time?

Last edited:
Is there any possibility of Sony releasing a PSVR Pro model, specifically tailored for the PS4 Pro. Something with higher resolution screens (i.e., 1200p or maybe 1440p) and possibly more slimming.

I'd rather they improve the control scheme. The PS Move is jittery as all hell from my experience with it. Especially when you compare it to the Vive Wands or Oculus Touch. There's a huge opportunity there for Sony to improve their VR experience considerably by replacing the Move controllers with something else.

Regards,
SB

Interesting... some PSVR titles that were only digital download till now are getting physical releases: SuperHot and Arizona Sunshine. I guess this means they expect them to sell relatively well, based on digital downloads till now?

They also expect stores to stock them, and shift them. Maybe they're seeing plenty of people still aren't buying from digital and they need physical software to sell to these?

They also expect stores to stock them, and shift them. Maybe they're seeing plenty of people still aren't buying from digital and they need physical software to sell to these?

I doubt it since last year Super Hot VR was the second best PSVR selling game in both USA and Europe, while Arizona Sunshine was the 10th best selling in Europe. Interestingly enough RE7 did not make the list, which shows how, for now, AAA games are not really making or breaking PSVR... unless they are not listing it because its an hybrid non VR + VR game. You can play non-VR Superhot but it is a different software package unlike RE7.

http://www.vrheadsets3d.com/best-selling-playstation-vr-games/

Last edited:
I doubt it since last year Super Hot VR was the second best PSVR selling game in both USA and Europe, while Arizona Sunshine was the 10th best selling in Europe.
I wasn't suggesting online sales could be lacklustre and so physical copies are needed, but that there's no need for a physical copy if everyone's using online so this suggests something about online selling. If only 50% of PS4 owners are buying games online, for example, then those online sales show that Sony need to get physical copies out to effectively double their sales. If 90% of PS4 owners are buying online, there's no point in releasing a physical copy as it'll just cost more than it's worth. I believe we're seeing about 50% digital sales for games, so it makes sense in that respect unless VR users are significantly different in buying practices.

I believe we're seeing about 50% digital sales for games, so it makes sense in that respect unless VR users are significantly different in buying practices.

It would make sense for VR users to be different though, since it would save the hassle of changing disks with the headset on. On the other hand, you can get physical copies cheaper than digital more easily. As for me it really depends on the factor price. I got RE7 digitally on the PSN sales but Skyrim VR I got physical because it feels special to me (the first PSVR game you can play for hundreds of hours with an actual world to explore) and Doom VFR was offered to me as a gift. All my other PSVR purchases were digital because they were not very expensive (I never paid more than 14.99 for them, loads under £10) and its more convenient to change VR games that way.

I doubt it since last year Super Hot VR was the second best PSVR selling game in both USA and Europe, while Arizona Sunshine was the 10th best selling in Europe. Interestingly enough RE7 did not make the list, which shows how, for now, AAA games are not really making or breaking PSVR... unless they are not listing it because its an hybrid non VR + VR game. You can play non-VR Superhot but it is a different software package unlike RE7.

http://www.vrheadsets3d.com/best-selling-playstation-vr-games/

That is more because RE7 is sold as a 2D game and not sold as a VR game.

Regards,
SB

Don't like the idea of aerobic exercise in a headset.

Well, there is even people doing Skyrim Fitness Plans haha! They jog in place and some only do punch fighting :LOL: . To be honest I don't, but that does not stop me from breaking a sweat in some chaotic boss fights! After a while I really got used to movement with the moves and can easily run back, turn around, jump, etc. with the moves. Some fights can be very tiring indeed. I'm no fatty either!

i think Shifty means doing fitness moves while playing can get uncomfortable because of the heat and sweat covering the lenses.

I've bred doing sit ups, push ups, and yoga for 30-60 minutes total each session while wearing psvr and it's comfortable enough.

The fake leather are breaking apart tho

Having physical copies available also increases the retail value of PSVR. The fact that you could only sell/buy a used PSVR with no games may have been making people more cautious with the purchase.

I've bred doing sit ups, push ups, and yoga for 30-60 minutes total each session while wearing psvr and it's comfortable enough.

The fake leather are breaking apart tho

I don't think the PSVR is meant for breeding, but to which his own..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back