Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

@wco81 dunno. My kinect is on x360. Only used it for leisurely watching free anime from Xbox Live with voice command and for weekend fitness (yourshape game)

What's a kinect?

dude! you didn't know kinect? Its the thing you use when playing Wii Sports, i think? :p

@wco81 nah, only got ps4 and x360 here.

---

is Farpoint the only game that has been confirmed to run with supersampling in PS4 Pro, resulting in sharper and cleaner picture in PSVR?

@eastmen i think with more time, the wobble will be gone. I mean, what else the use of those "stability update" sony keep pushing?

may just be a limitation of the hardware. Sony doesn't really think things through for instance the breakout box wont do HDR . So if you want HDR you have to unplug the ps4 pro from the breakout box and plug it directly to the tv.

Please Ace Banana be a new Ape Escape game!!
A stupid question maybe, but can the PSVR be used without the headphones. Will I get surround sound with my 5.1 home theater system while using PSVR. I think that would be a more immersive experience than the virtual surround with headphones.
You will only get the positional audio the system is designed for through whatever you plug into the 3.5mm stereo jack on the headset.

Q: What is 3D audio?
3D audio simulates the effect of audio arriving at your ears from different directions and distances to more closely mimic the behavior of sound in real life. Not only does PS VR create sounds coming from front, behind, left and right, but also above and below. This type of audio greatly enhances the feeling of immersion and presence in VR over traditional audio systems like 7.1 surround sound.

Q: Do I need new headphones to experience 3D audio?
No, any wired stereo headphones or wired earbuds can support 3D audio. Stereo headphones are included with PS VR, but you can also use your preferred audio headsets if they feature a standard 3.5mm male connector.

Q: Are surround sound headphones better for PS VR?
No, any surround sound generated by the headphones themselves will interfere with the 3D audio from the PS VR headset. It is recommended to turn off surround sound mode or use standard wired stereo headphones that do not use surround sound.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/03/playstation-vr-the-ultimate-faq/

depending on the game. With Playroom VR cat vs mouse and "godzilla", the front speakers basically became positional audio

Sorry, I meant eastmen :LOL:

Cancelling his preorder and moving on is the first step to emotional stability. I'm just trying to be helpful, I am a expert. :yep2:

I don't own a playstation so I never preordered the ps vr. I did have taco bell last week but didn't win. I may get some next week and maybe I will win

2376216-iyj0ejfddruqy.gif

Sony loves the wobble

is Farpoint the only game that has been confirmed to run with supersampling in PS4 Pro, resulting in sharper and cleaner picture in PSVR?
Sadly most big games have a review embargo right now. I suppose this will be relaxed when close to launch, as usual.

Supersampling seems to be the easiest thing to do for VR, but I'm wondering how much they can use the new hardware features of Pro to do more than just supersampling. Also rendering at 1.0x on PS4 and 1.4x on the Pro seems like a good starting point for easy development. (like 1080p versus 1512p or something)

Last edited:
Sony is being really quiet about pairing the Pro with PSVR, but it seems at least the second generation of VR titles may gain a lot with the half-gen console:

On top of this, we now understand that the Pro GPU includes custom hardware for accelerating virtual reality. While we're still chasing down the precise detail here, logical steps forward would be akin to what we've seen in Nvidia's hardware - stereo geometry processing, and multi-resolution shading. The latter in particular is a big deal: it would allow Pro developers to concentrate GPU resources on elements of the scene that are actually visible, as opposed to fully processing the periphery of the viewport, with resolution literally wasted in the final lens warp.

Back