Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

82770a7841039848cdf4e38497a4d267.jpg
I threw a mass market single serve tea bag in the toilet in protest!

We colonies will not be intimidated!

And I just realities still 7 MONTHS, more than half year... For Psvr launch.

Aaaaaagh.

Please life be good, no surprises please.

got a tweet from yoshida-san that audio not only outputted to PSVR headset but also to HDMI through PU (the mini PS4).
i guess this cover most use case, but my home theatre only have optical audio. damn.

@DSoup for those games? im still fine! but for PSVR in 7 months?
Hopefully i got a job or one of my private projects turns out successful in that 7 months time :D

hey, FW 3.50 supposed to have support for PSVR right? at least from the leaked health and safety warning.

so probably sony does originally want PSVR for 1st half of 2016. But as yoshida-san said, they decided to delay PSVR to stockpile it and to have more launch tittle.

that is probably also why hello games super cagey about NMS VR. and everytime they got asked, the dude always like "wink wink" "its super awesome for VR brah! but ill be in a deep trouble if i talk more"

probably im overthinking this.

probably theres too many probablility in this one reply.

Well I was always confused on if they meant 'first half of the year' (ie up to July) or first half of the financial year (ie up to October) so technically it is the first half of the FY when it's released (or near enough).

I assuming the functionality / firmware support is already in there for developers and demo units (way) before the actual hardware is launched to the public.

Well I was always confused on if they meant 'first half of the year' (ie up to July) or first half of the financial year (ie up to October) so technically it is the first half of the FY when it's released (or near enough).
It was first half of normal year. Because Yoshida-san himself said Psvr was delayed

I'm sure I should know, but in terms a thicko like goonergaz would understand...what does it mean?

Presumably it means the internal rendering resolution is higher than the screen resolution and then the image is downscaled for output resulting in an element of supersampling. So basically it's an expensive but really good form of AA.

I do wonder if it's dynamic though with 1.3x representing the best case scenario.

Presumably it means the internal rendering resolution is higher than the screen resolution and then the image is downscaled for output resulting in an element of supersampling. So basically it's an expensive but really good form of AA.

I do wonder if it's dynamic though with 1.3x representing the best case scenario.
They also added gradient masking tech, so they do less work at edges of screen.

Back