Sony VR Headset/Project Morpheus/PlayStation VR

I bought the PS3 sharpshooter, Move charging station, and some Tom Clancy Move Game in 2013... for 20,99 euro :-0 it was a special offer and I sold the game for 10 euro, essentially buying a sharpshooter and charging station for 11 euro, which was a pretty good deal. I kicked myself for not buying more though :(

Playstation Access said all PSVR games are required to support the DS4, and if Move is supported it must be optional. Not surprising since DS4 does 80% of the move, and has analog sticks.

I saw a video of Tumble VR, which is a game I have on PS3 (it was the best way to show off the capabilities of Move)... It looks very precise with the DS4 in VR. I wouldn't be surprised DS4 is more precise despite the compromises. It has a more lmited range of motion because the led must be seen by the camera, but it feels more natural when sitting, holding it with both hands, the range of motion is already limited by the elbows hitting the couch anyway. Move is way more comfortable with one hand though.

Vive will definitely be the gold standard for standing and room scale experiences. But all the big titles announced are sitting experiences by default, I think because it's the mass market angle, compatible with a real living room with about 3 feet between the couch and the coffee table. I thought VR was bringing back motion controllers as default, but it's not exactly hapenning.

Last edited:
Agh this wait is annoying...

Btw no new info for kitchen? Capcom said kitchen itself is just a tech demo but they want to make it into a full game. Then poof, no new info.

Like that 'deep down' game there are working. Just poof

Playstation Access said all PSVR games are required to support the DS4, and if Move is supported it must be optional. Not surprising since DS4 does 80% of the move, and has analog sticks.
This is the consistent message. All games will support DS4. Move is optional.

So I placed my pre-order at Game yesterday - they had a board up saying 'just 7 left', be interesting to see how quickly that changes...they wanted £100 deposit.

You may want to cancel and get your money back. GAME has gone into adminstration too many times already, cocks up orders (some people were billed 7 times for a game), and apparently is on the ropes again and if they fold, your money will go to the creditors. No-one else is asking £100 deposit (or any deposit). The reason GAME are doing this is likely, IMO, because they need the cash.

I think that preorder is quite the gamble.

I can keep an eye on things at Game and if they are looking like going pop (and have a plan B - but I do like walking into a store on release days!) - and obviously they can't over-charge me and as I'll be there the minute the store opens I should have no issues with stock.

I saw a video of Tumble VR, which is a game I have on PS3 (it was the best way to show off the capabilities of Move)... It looks very precise with the DS4 in VR. I wouldn't be surprised DS4 is more precise despite the compromises. It has a more lmited range of motion because the led must be seen by the camera, but it feels more natural when sitting, holding it with both hands, the range of motion is already limited by the elbows hitting the couch anyway. Move is way more comfortable with one hand though.

Vive will definitely be the gold standard for standing and room scale experiences. But all the big titles announced are sitting experiences by default, I think because it's the mass market angle, compatible with a real living room with about 3 feet between the couch and the coffee table. I thought VR was bringing back motion controllers as default, but it's not exactly hapenning.

The DS4 is a motion controller though by any definition. But VR simply does not always require them. A racing game or platformer isn't necessarily going to benefit, except that it is nice to be able to look down at / hold up your DS4 virtually and see what button you press for instance.

I also like that Tumble is coming back, for comparison. Would still prefer using Moves for it. PS3 version could b played with two which also made for nice coop.

A racing game or platformer isn't necessarily going to benefit, except that it is nice to be able to look down at / hold up your DS4 virtually and see what button you press for instance.

Driveclub director @Rushy said that DC VR is surprisingly fun with DS4, especially in 3rd person chase camera mode.

Driveclub director @Rushy said that DC VR is surprisingly fun with DS4, especially in 3rd person chase camera mode.

I always played DriveClub with motion steering rather than the DS4, and have been recommending this ad nauseam for a while ;)

So I placed my pre-order at Game yesterday - they had a board up saying 'just 7 left', be interesting to see how quickly that changes...they wanted £100 deposit.
Definitely safer buying in store than online where they may end up charging you a bunch of times. I really don't understand how they are in business. I can't fathom how Sony selected GAME to be one of the two primary retailers for PSVR. :nope:

Back