Sony Vita Games Thread

Probably the usual ffmpeg and mencoder-based convertors. They should be bundled in PS3 Media Server:
http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

You can also use Handbrake. People have applied the following settings successfully:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35175884&postcount=12289
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35176352&postcount=12334
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35374045&postcount=3559

EDIT:
Links work correctly now.

One more recommendation from GAF: XMedia Recode
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35445392&postcount=9465
(Screenshot inside)

Both the PS Video Store and the Content Manager should drop the movie files in the movie player's directory. You will see them when you open the movie player app. You can also jump to the PS Store app from inside the player.

I can't remember if the PS Video Store will open the player automatically after download completes.

Having played Uncharted a little more I have come to the conclusion that the graphics are too good! That may sound crazy but whilst playing I found myself having to look away from the screen every few minutes in order for my eyes to refocus. It's almost as if there is too much detail for a screen that size. Is it just me with dodgy eyes or has anyone else found that the screen is a little too busy?

Which chapter are you at now ?

I'm at Chapter 5. I think it's better paced than its bigger cousins so far. Usually killed the last enemy just when I felt a little tired of the combat. This is unlike the "endless" waves of pirates in U1, or the ruthless agents in U3.

The screens are indeed very busy because of the jungle setting. I like the new characters so far. Rather believable. No Elena seems like a good break. Don't know whether she'll pop in later. I wouldn't mind either. ^_^

I sort of don't like how slow the guns fire and how the "gravity" feels a bit weak...kind of kills the rather good animations. The game is more like Drake's Fortune in that there aren't really any set piece events as seen in UC2 and UC3 (atleast till now). At start if thought the graphics were very blurry due to being sub qHD but now I think they are impressive, other than this one area with absolutely flat lighting as if it's not even there like how you see a scene when you remove the global light from it.

Did you have problem with the dual stick controls ? I thought they could do better.

You have a Vita also ? Too bad the Friends List doesn't tell me who has a Vita.

yea I got one on launch day with Uncharted, Rayman, Ninja gaiden (sort of disappointed that it runs at 30FPS), UMvC3, Wipeout (I'll buy anything that's made in my current city lol).

And yes I do have trouble with the analogue, they feel I donno how to put it...maybe tacky would be the correct word. I hate the aim acceleration they have in Uncharted, though I can use the gyroscope to make aim adjustments I almost never use it cause I'm simply not used to it (or gaming using a gyroscope in general).

And yes I do have trouble with the analogue, they feel I donno how to put it...maybe tacky would be the correct word. I hate the aim acceleration they have in Uncharted, though I can use the gyroscope to make aim adjustments I almost never use it cause I'm simply not used to it (or gaming using a gyroscope in general).

Just as I thought. The aim acceleration throws things off.

I had to use gyro aiming to overcome/stablize it. I find it rather helpful for fine-tuning. Also uses the touch screen for climbing, so I don't have to babysit Nate all the time. Hate the log balancing with a passion. Died 10+ times on the second log in the game. The touchscreen slashes during melee were also clumsy.

The developers should patch the game to limit the acceleration ! :devilish:

Anyway, the game is interesting enough to keep going. Love the treasure collection, side mysteries, photo taking, and extra activities. PS3 Uncharted should add these goodies.

Got mine yesterday and I'm really impressed with overall feel of the unit but I'm still getting used to the smaller analogue sticks.

The OLED screen is amazing but I notice that a lot of the launch games UC:GA, Unit 13, Hustle Kings don't seem to have any Anti aliasing! hopefully this is addressed with later titles as developers get to know the Vita Hardware better.

Which chapter are you at now ?

I'm at Chapter 5. I think it's better paced than its bigger cousins so far. Usually killed the last enemy just when I felt a little tired of the combat. This is unlike the "endless" waves of pirates in U1, or the ruthless agents in U3.

The screens are indeed very busy because of the jungle setting. I like the new characters so far. Rather believable. No Elena seems like a good break. Don't know whether she'll pop in later. I wouldn't mind either. ^_^

Not that far in really, just starting chapter 3. I guess its a case of getting used to having such awesome visuals on a hand held. The thumb stick don't feel quite responsive enough so the aiming is made slightly more difficult but I'm managing one kills in most encounters. I'm not sure about the melee system. I've not had a successful fight yet. I always end up getting shot by somebody else.

I like the little features like the charcoal rubbing and there seems to be far more things to pick up and piece together than in its elder siblings. I like the inclusion of the photo mode for some reason!

Oh and *shields up* VGChartz is saying 74,674 sold in America so far with 11,510 in Japan. European numbers are not up yet. Looks like it may have not been a spectacular launch but it looks very solid. Looks like Tretton's going to meet his sales targets.

Oh and *shields up* VGChartz is saying 74,674 sold in America so far with 11,510 in Japan. European numbers are not up yet. Looks like it may have not been a spectacular launch but it looks very solid. Looks like Tretton's going to meet his sales targets.

Thats for pre official launch bundle

Thats for pre official launch bundle

Is it? In that case the numbers might be far more impressive than I thought. The local game shop had 20 on pre-order and 18 of those were picked up on launch (and I don't live in a very big town). His main complaint was that the majority of people ordered online as it's simply so much easier.

Motorstorm RC is now officially my new Angry Birds. I've raced through all of it and am now hunting for medals. Currently at 155/192. Who knows this game could one day be my first platinum. Still its not easy.

I really want a DNLA certified media player on my Vita. Streaming films over the network would be so cool on that screen.

Back