Sony Reveal Event: Future of Gaming on PS5 [2020-06-11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Bloodborne Remaster news explosion has left me a bit MEH, considering Xbox gamers can basically have 'free remasters' of old games running at 4k/60/120 with HDR, due to how the system works.

I'd be well pissed if Sony keeps pushing for remasters and not free updates. This is why we should love competition!

Bloodborne Remake? Sure, a completely new game based on the old one. I'll pay for that. But 'remasters' of old games simply running at higher res and framerate should be free. Sorry Sony.

The whole Bloodborne Remaster news explosion has left me a bit MEH, considering Xbox gamers can basically have 'free remasters' of old games running at 4k/60/120 with HDR, due to how the system works.

I'd be well pissed if Sony keeps pushing for remasters and not free updates. This is why we should love competition!

Bloodborne Remake? Sure, a completely new game based on the old one. I'll pay for that. But 'remasters' of old games simply running at higher res and framerate should be free. Sorry Sony.

I take the bet there will be no PS5 Bloodborne remaster and no PC version of Bloodborne announce at the PS5 event...

With PS4 and PS5 being on the same X86 arch, and the PS4 being the console of remasters and remakes, we could see even more of that this coming generation i'm afraid.

With PS4 and PS5 being on the same X86 arch, and the PS4 being the console of remasters and remakes, we could see even more of that this coming generation i'm afraid.

I doubt it will be the case for Sony published games but out of this rumor is just garbage, same for Demon soul's Remake closing the show. Like I said before "Road to PS5" video the PS5 SSD will be above 7 GB/s for compressed data ,I am sure this rumor is garbage.

After I will not be surprised if Bloodborne release on PC but it will not be at the event.

They wouldn't mention any details that detract from their platform at the platforms reveal event. That is common sense. They are not going for an E3 type of event where you have all your info released. They are aiming for a specific tailored event for the PS5.

They will keep the other stuff for a different event.

Like I said before "Road to PS5" video the PS5 SSD will be above 7 GB/s for compressed data ,I am sure this rumor is garbage.

It doesn't matter how fast your drive is, if the game isn't optimized (current gen games) you won't see a 7x increase. Just plain BC won't see much improvements at all, perhaps resolution, but for framerates they would most likely need a patch.

It doesn't matter how fast your drive is, if the game isn't optimized (current gen games) you won't see a 7x increase. Just plain BC won't see much improvements at all, perhaps resolution, but for framerates they would most likely need a patch.

You don't understand I was knowing SSD speed because a friend working in the industry the PS5 SSD was 8 GB/s compressed data since January 2020 and same thing he said to me this rumor is bullshit. Since May 2019 I was knowing SSD patent were the PS5 SSD because someone told me. And he told me January 2020 Xbox had more Tflops than PS5 but the SSD spec sheet was lower than final spec on Xbox side.

After Bloodborne on PC is a possibility but Bloodborne PS5 remaster made by Bluepoint lol. It is just bullshit. The bluepoint game is Demon soul's remake. Sony will not remaster Sony published PS4 game on PS5... I have a little idea from where comes from this rumor. It comes from a big list with some rumored PC port like Pokemon PC. Are they serious?

And if a game will close the show it will probably be HZD 2 not Demon Soul's remake.

Last edited:
All speculation regarding remakes. But as far as loading times, why would a big pre-level or post-death loading time not be much faster even if unoptimised?

All speculation regarding remakes. But as far as loading times, why would a big pre-level or post-death loading time not be much faster even if unoptimised?

This is not speculation. This is bullshit. In a discord a list was made up with PC port including some Sony title but some Nintendo too like Pokemon PC and now some people try to pass this as true.

Well. That's why I said it's speculation :D

Speculation is plausible here this is just made up things. Demon soul's remake is tease since long time by Jason Schreier, same other journalist tease a R&C for PS5 launch, a french journalist tease a GT for PS5 event and HZD2 is teased by job offer, Capcom RE8 will probably be there and a Japanese game Square Enix is rumored because the R&D director of SE did a tweet saying to watch the event. This is speculation.

Last edited:
You don't understand I was knowing SSD speed because a friend working in the industry the PS5 SSD was 8 GB/s compressed data since January 2020 and same thing he said to me this rumor is bullshit. Since May 2019 I was knowing SSD patent were the PS5 SSD because someone told me. And he told me January 2020 Xbox had more Tflops than PS5 but the SSD spec sheet was lower than final spec on Xbox side.

I understand, i have myself relatives working for a playstation first party studio, but they know basically nothing much else besides what their doing themselfs, not what other studios have lined up, and some hardware info. I therefore see it as unlikely that one source can claim to know what Sony exactly is planning to do regarding remasters and BC. It's not impossible though.
I do not see it as unlikely we will see remasters of say HZD or DS for PS5, enhanced for the paid version. With vanilla with basically no enhancements being pure BC. I have no idea about that again, but it could happen.

I understand, i have myself relatives working for a playstation first party studio, but they know basically nothing much else besides what their doing themselfs, not what other studios have lined up, and some hardware info. I therefore see it as unlikely that one source can claim to know what Sony exactly is planning to do regarding remasters and BC. It's not impossible though.
I do not see it as unlikely we will see remasters of say HZD or DS for PS5, enhanced for the paid version. With vanilla with basically no enhancements being pure BC. I have no idea about that again, but it could happen.

Horizon remake or very good ps5 version is realistic possibility. If guerrilla is smart they did the pc version in such a way that any improvements done for pc would carry over to ps5 version. i.e. use pc as a vehicle to upgrade their engine to ps5 time. Would that lead to remaster or perhaps a giant patch installed on top of ps4 version who knows.

If I had to bet I would guess HZD would be free update over ps4 version and optional DLC that one has to pay for. DLC would bring in a new area and one new enemy type that is done up to ps5 spec and this is what is used to wow the audience. HZD2 at launch/near launch doesn't make financial sense.

Last edited:
Makes sense, since pc and PS5 basically are the same architecture. DF also thought what you say, about HZD and DS, they can play with the pc version beforehand and take it to pc.

HZD2 at launch/near launch doesn't make financial sense.

No because it isn't a launch title.

Makes sense, since pc and PS5 basically are the same architecture. DF also thought what you say, about HZD and DS, they can play with the pc version beforehand and take it to pc.

No because it isn't a launch title.

Don't know maybe your friend are junior in the industry but people knows part of the game presented and they work at third party studio. And HZD2 will probably release within the first 6 months of PS5 release maybe February or March 2021. Same it was teased as present to the PS5 reveal in a deleted tweet by GG lead animator.

I am precise Sony will not remaster PS4 games on PS5 maybe release some patch.

I suppose we will continue to have PS1, PS2 and PS3 Remake.

They did so much remaster because PS3 emulation was impossible on PS4 and it is probably a huge task on PS5 if it is possible.

Edit: I guess RDR2 will be remastered on PS5 and XSX

Last edited:
My dad can beat up your dad. LOL

Please make this wait stop. So we can actually talk about stuff based what's announced? Thank you!

Tommy McClain

Lol I only talk about thing I know I even did a permanent ban bet in B3D PS5 SSD compressed data will be above 7GB/s. I told it when no one was speaking of a SSD so fast here and in era.

And I say Sony will not do remaster of PS4 games, if it not the case you can ban me. They remaster game on PS4 because backward compatibility with PS3 was a no go.

I will be ok. It will not do a bet about Ps5 games because out of rumor coming from trustful journalist like Jason Schreier I have no idea.

Edit: I talk about it here since a February but I know it before in January 2020.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...gdc-2020-xbsx-ps5.61246/page-371#post-2105690

Last edited:
Lol I only talk about thing I know I even did a permanent ban bet in B3D PS5 SSD compressed data will be above 7GB/s. I told it when no one was speaking of a SSD so fast here and in era.

And I say Sony will not do remaster of PS4 games, if it not the case you can ban me. They remaster game on PS4 because backward compatibility with PS3 was a no go.

I will be ok. It will not do a bet about Ps5 games because out of rumor coming from trustful journalist like Jason Schreier I have no idea.

Edit: I talk about it here since a February but I know it before in January 2020.

https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...gdc-2020-xbsx-ps5.61246/page-371#post-2105690

Sorry don't care. LOL

Tommy McClain

Sorry don't care. LOL

Tommy McClain

Cool for you don't care that you care or not. ;) I just try to let people speak about normal rumors. At least I think London boy is not worrying about some bullshit. ;)

Backward compatibility will be inferior to Xbox Series X BC but it will be free. The only way to have significantly improve version is patch but I doubt many games will receive one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back